Kareem Hunt

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Buying Kareem Hunt?

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:00 am

smbkrypt24 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:08 amConsensus may say that is more than what you could get for him. Market value is set in each individual league.
Where I have him, I'm not selling. Suspension and a projected timeshare (the most likely best case scenario) have pushed down his value, and I expect his production to be flex/RB3 at best. My focus is next year- does he get a bellcow role, the 1b/wingman spot for someone like Kamara or CMC? Or, does he struggle to get a contract or get stuck in a 3rd RB role? There's a wide range of possible outcomes, and I'm not selling at his currently reduced value (as compared to his proven ceiling potential) as if his 2020 production will be at the back end of that range. He's a high upside stash right now.

RBs in his range, thanks to cmizelle- Cohen, Carson, D Henderson, Drake.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:45 am

TimeWillTell wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:18 pm
DJB wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:47 pm Im surprised by the prices Hunt is going for considering the nagatives against him.
Owner in my league still wants a "2020 1st plus a"top tier" WR". He couldn't or wouldn't elaborate on what a "top tier" WR meant. Hard pass.
That's just craziness. Weve seen with Ray Rice how quickly you are out of the league with nonsense.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:09 pm

I own Hunt in one league - and I would rather just hold him than sell at these prices. He'll be back and he'll light it up.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:45 pm

DJB wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:45 am
TimeWillTell wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:18 pm
DJB wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:47 pm Im surprised by the prices Hunt is going for considering the nagatives against him.
Owner in my league still wants a "2020 1st plus a"top tier" WR". He couldn't or wouldn't elaborate on what a "top tier" WR meant. Hard pass.
That's just craziness. Weve seen with Ray Rice how quickly you are out of the league with nonsense.
Yeah. Hunt is never going to produce the numbers he did again. He may never be a lead back again. Unless Chubb gets hurt, it won't happen this year. Who knows where he'll be in 2020. I can understand wanting to hold him. This guy is probably basically saying, "I'm holding him, unless you pay a price he isn't worth", in the hopes that he can some day get a lead role again, and put up some decent numbers.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

usps33
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby usps33 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:50 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:45 pm
Yeah. Hunt is never going to produce the numbers he did again. He may never be a lead back again. Unless Chubb gets hurt, it won't happen this year. Who knows where he'll be in 2020. I can understand wanting to hold him. This guy is probably basically saying, "I'm holding him, unless you pay a price he isn't worth", in the hopes that he can some day get a lead role again, and put up some decent numbers.
I agree with this, Hunt was in the perfect situation with the Chiefs, just ask Damien Williams. For the next 2 years Hunt is going to be a Cleveland Brown, unless the Browns just don’t want to keep him after this year (he’ll be pretty cheap for the 2020 season). So unless Chubb gets hurt, Hunt’s upside is pretty limited. Can’t see why an owner would want to pay up to acquire Hunt. I can see a Chubb owner making a play for him, but that’s about it. With the 2020 draft being loaded (supposedly), I’d rather take my chances with the RBs coming out.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:08 pm

usps33 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:50 pm
I agree with this, Hunt was in the perfect situation with the Chiefs, just ask Damien Williams. For the next 2 years Hunt is going to be a Cleveland Brown, unless the Browns just don’t want to keep him after this year (he’ll be pretty cheap for the 2020 season). So unless Chubb gets hurt, Hunt’s upside is pretty limited. Can’t see why an owner would want to pay up to acquire Hunt. I can see a Chubb owner making a play for him, but that’s about it. With the 2020 draft being loaded (supposedly), I’d rather take my chances with the RBs coming out.
Agreed.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:12 pm

usps33 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:50 pm
Dont forget about Ware and West either. When West and Ware were healthy they put up solid numbers. And the job was Ware's till he suffered that nasty knee injury. Hunt is obviously better than the trio of other guys I mentioned above. But he isnt some otherworldly talent. He will never again put up the numbers he did while on the Chiefs. That scheme can make marginal or replacement level talents (West, Ware, Williams) look good, and good talents (Hunt) look great.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:12 pm

I really wish people would stop trying to discount Hunt because of Damien Williams.
Hunt is lead back material and was carrying the ball on average 16+ times per game (not counting receptions).

If you want to count playoffs, Damien Williams had six games and only had more than 13 carries once, and that was in the playoffs.

Yes the Chiefs were a good situation - but let's not act like Hunt is not one of the top young RB talents in the league, he is.

Todd Gurley wasn't producing as a top-end fantasy asset either until the Rams turned their line into the best run blocking line in the league. Yet people never soured on him despite underwhelming performances. Hunt has never underwhelmed in his career yet.
Let's not act like the Browns are projected to suck, either.

I get it if you don't like the guy as a person, I don't either - but you're being naive if you are snubbing his talent.
He's not even 24, has been used in moderation and has had a relatively clean bill of health; unlike the other Browns running back that everyone is salivating over. Not to mention, he carried a team that was quarterbacked by Alex Smith and led the league in rushing with a middle of the pack run blocking team. The situation was not as good in his rookie year when he lit it up as so many of you are implying, but short memories continue to prevail.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:02 pm

Phaded wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:12 pm I really wish people would stop trying to discount Hunt because of Damien Williams.
Hunt is lead back material and was carrying the ball on average 16+ times per game (not counting receptions).

If you want to count playoffs, Damien Williams had six games and only had more than 13 carries once, and that was in the playoffs.

Yes the Chiefs were a good situation - but let's not act like Hunt is not one of the top young RB talents in the league, he is.

Todd Gurley wasn't producing as a top-end fantasy asset either until the Rams turned their line into the best run blocking line in the league. Yet people never soured on him despite underwhelming performances. Hunt has never underwhelmed in his career yet.
Let's not act like the Browns are projected to suck, either.

I get it if you don't like the guy as a person, I don't either - but you're being naive if you are snubbing his talent.
He's not even 24, has been used in moderation and has had a relatively clean bill of health; unlike the other Browns running back that everyone is salivating over. Not to mention, he carried a team that was quarterbacked by Alex Smith and led the league in rushing with a middle of the pack run blocking team. The situation was not as good in his rookie year when he lit it up as so many of you are implying, but short memories continue to prevail.
I brought up running backs before and after Hunt's tenure with the Chiefs. Im sorry but hes overrated. Hes good but hes not an elite talent.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:06 pm

How many of them led the league in rushing..?
Heck, even cracked 1000 yards rushing?

Let's not pretend like the three Ws performed near the same level that Hunt did.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:24 pm

I think Hunt is a really good RB, but not elite, in a vacuum. I was really big on him at Toledo, 2 years before he entered the NFL, but by no means do I think he's an elite talent. He's a very good RB, but in terms of Dynasty, he does not have a path to starters touches for at least a year. That matters. It hurts his value, and with his concerns, we have no idea where he'll be in a few years. So I understand people wanting to hold him, hoping he gets his life together, and maybe at 25 or 26 can be a starter again, rather than move him for a 2nd, which is what most people are willing to pay at this point.

Ski mask ready
Starter
Starter

Kareem Hunt?

Postby Ski mask ready » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:10 pm

Didn't see a thread for him and I've got a owner in a salary cap league willing to part with him fairly inexpensively. Salary cap aside, is Hunt worth a flier if he can be had on the cheap?
Team 1: 12 Team PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"
https://www43.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =07&F=0001

Team 2: 12 Team Salary/Contract, PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"

Team 3: 12 Team Salary/Contract, PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Kareem Hunt?

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:13 pm

Sure, but my confidence is not very high in him. Situation and attitude need adjusting. His talent is even in question with each new successful KC RB

doublesticks
Role Player
Role Player

Postby doublesticks » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:23 pm

I'm holding him for approx. 3% of my salary cap in our 10 team keeper/cap league.

The nice thing for me is that I also have Chubb, so I've pretty well handcuffed him for the 2nd half and have a lotto ticket for the future if he can keep his head on straight.

dmac37
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dmac37 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:15 pm

I have always been high on Hunt and still own him in my 2 dynasty leagues. I still believe in his talent and think he is a better dude than the video portrays him as and he will eventually put himself in a better light with the general public.

With that said, he has not looked very good so far this pre season, hopefully it is just a matter of shaking off some rust and getting comfortable with all the off field issues. I think he is a major buy low during his suspension.
12 Team PPR Scoring:
QB: Purdy, Pickett, Howell, Rodgers
RB: Bijan, Kamara, A. Jones Spears Allgeier, Tucker, Hunt
WR: ARSB, Ridley, Nacua, E. Moore, Hollywood, Addison, Mingo, Mooney,
M. Thomas, Gallup
TE: Hockenson, Ferguson
PK:
DST: Ravens

12 Team Superflex PPR Scoring:
QB: Fields, Tua, Howell, White
RB: J. Taylor, A. Jones, Pierce, Swift , K. Miller, Hunt, Ford,
WR: Pittman, Deebo, Godwin, Ridley, Gabe Davis, E. Moore, Mooney, Toney, Q. Johnson
TE: Ferguson, Okonkwo L. Thomas