Houston running backs.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ManuManu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Houston running backs.

Postby ManuManu » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:58 am

Just spitballing names...

Ajayi - Makes sense since he’s available off the street. The Colts brought him in for a physical and not much was heard about him since. That knee...

AP - He’s either from the Houston area or lives there. If Guice is finally healthy, go to the youth movement and get something a little more useful for the future. He might be my biggest worry as a Duke owner.

Melvin Gordon - Just seems too expensive, both in money and assets. But the coach is calling the shots. Maybe he can’t see past his own nose?

Philly RBs - They’re gonna cut guys who belong on an NFL roster, albeit low on a roster. Smallwood and Adams make sense as a waiver claim there.

Lagarrette Blount - He’s cooked, but he’s been a part of the Patriots tree. Doesn’t cost a pick.

Rex Burkhead - Call up his old pal for a trade?

Carlos Hyde - Not good, but he’ll be on waivers soon enough.

Rashaad Penny - I don’t see the Seahawks giving up yet, and he’s probably too expensive draft pick wise for Houston.

Kenyon Drake - They don’t seem enamored with him in Miami and the fire sale appears to be on. Maybe some blockbuster of Clowney for Tunsil and Drake?

Spencer Ware - Free and cheap. Is he healthy enough to play week 1?

Alex Collins - Has he been suspended for his off field stuff? Is his leg healed from the accident?

Kenneth Dixon - Should come free soon. Is it a race between Tampa and Houston?

Shady McCoy - Looked spry the other night. The Texans would have to pay him $6M, which is pretty pricy for the aging back.

Zeke Elliott - I can’t imagine this happening for a lot of reasons.

Mike Boone - Looks good every preseason. Free him.
Team 1, 10-team 0.5-PPR
QB (1): Richardson, Watson, Purdy
RB (2-3): Walker, Swift, Dobbins, R. White, Mitchell, Gainwell
WR (3-4): Hill, Godwin, Aiyuk, Flowers, N. Collins, Doubs, M. Wilson, Shakir
TE (1-2): McBride, Goedert, Okonkwo

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:38 am

Back in April I said that Higdon would end up being the guy to own in Houston. I said Foreman was done and Miller wasn't reliable because of his age/usage. Source: https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/2019/ ... -sleepers/

Well, maybe the time has come. I own Higdon in every league. The one thing I will say is that Taiwan Jones was actually the "next man up" in every preseason game, if I remember correctly.

This will be a guessing game for the next two weeks. I still like Higdon to come out on top in the end.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Pew Dogs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Pew Dogs » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:34 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:59 pm
sugbear65 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:55 pm Jay Ajayi! Please, Houston, make the call. He’s waiting.
He's done. He can't pass physicals.
Are you sure? I mean, is this your opinion or is the report below wrong?

Free agent Jay Ajayi (knee) was medically cleared by Dr. James Andrews on Wednesday.
Ajayi tore his ACL on October 7. News around him has been absent for the most part. The 26-year-old visited the Colts way back in March, but Indy passed before then signing Spencer Ware as the No. 3 back. The Eagles reportedly also were open to a return but then drafted Miles Sanders and traded for Jordan Howard. Ajayi may need an injury somewhere to get a call, but at least he's now healthy and ready to contribute.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Jul 24, 2019, 2:03 PM ET
12 team, dynasty, ppr, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3RB/WR/TEFlex
QB P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB J.Taylor, A.Kamara, E.Elliott, T.Pollard
WR D.Chark, B.Cooks, A.Cooper, A.St.Brown, J.Tolbert, T.Marshall, D.Slayton
TE T.Kelce, H.Henry

(League champ somehow)
QB J.Burrow
RB T.Etienne, I,Pacheco, J.Cook, T.Algeier, J.Wilson
WR C.Lamb, M.Evans, M.Pittman, D.Chark, R.Moore, D.Peoples-Jones
TE T.Hockenson

12 Team Dynasty ppr, 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,3Flex,TE Premium

QB J.Burrow, G.Smith
RB D.Cook, J.Mixon, A.Mattison, R.Mostert, S.Perine
WR M.Evans, A.Cooper, C.Kirk, N.Collins
TE E.Engram, G.Everett, C.Okonkwo, C.Otton

QB K.Murray, J.Burrow
RB D.Cook, D.Montgomery, A.Mattison, K.Herbert, T.Algeier
WR A.St.Brown, K.Allen, A.Theilen, B.Cooks, T.Boyd, R.Moore, D.Hopkins
TE T.Kelce, D.Waller, R.Gronkowski, R.Tonyan, C.Otton

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:51 am

Crockett is getting talked up right now. I'd take him over Higdon. He's looked better, IMO. Higdon was playing late in the game, too. Crockett had a few carries earlier, looked good, and was taken out. That bodes well for Crockett, IMO.

https://www.chron.com/sports/texans/art ... 376416.php
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:13 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:51 am Crockett is getting talked up right now. I'd take him over Higdon. He's looked better, IMO. Higdon was playing late in the game, too. Crockett had a few carries earlier, looked good, and was taken out. That bodes well for Crockett, IMO.

https://www.chron.com/sports/texans/art ... 376416.php
I agree. I didn't see the game (playing poker with friends) so I just rewatched it a few hours ago. I also added this to my next article.

Crockett missed 2 blocks though. That's a concern.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

frodo2003
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby frodo2003 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:20 am

Great post FF--Thanks
Was looking for info on last nights game and anything on Crockett
Just picked him up.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:58 am

frodo2003 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:20 am Great post FF--Thanks
Was looking for info on last nights game and anything on Crockett
Just picked him up.
:thumbup:

Under The Bridge
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Under The Bridge » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:23 am

Ajayi would be dope.
I honestly don't think they'll make a trade. I bet they'll just wait it out while scouting the players currently on waivers.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:22 pm

I feel like it's only people hanging onto Ajayi that think (hope) the Texans sign him.

RCogburn
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby RCogburn » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:28 pm

Doug Martin just got released. Maybe lands in Houston.

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:36 pm

RCogburn wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:28 pm Doug Martin just got released. Maybe lands in Houston.
Released and placed on IR with a shoulder issue

jimmychoi
Starter
Starter

Postby jimmychoi » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:26 pm

I grabbed both rookies as a miller owner. I’m not expecting anything, but it was super late in my 16 team league

TB3falcons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TB3falcons » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:34 pm

BlackOmega wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:36 pm
RCogburn wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:28 pm Doug Martin just got released. Maybe lands in Houston.
Released and placed on IR with a shoulder issue
I think that was how they got him released. Probably got a deal to release him with an injury settlement over just releasing him outright. I looked it up when I saw he was IR eligible and couldn’t find anything reporting a major injury.
16 Team PPR(.5 for RBs)/RetY/Balanced IDP League (QB,RB,2WR,TE,4FLX,PK,PN,DT,2DE,3LB,2CB,2S,1DFLX) 2018 & 2019 LC
QB- Mahomes, Ryan
RB- Gordon, Ingram, Swift, Gore, Hyde, Ogunbowale
WR- Hopkins, KAllen, Lockett, Golladay, Fitz, Edelman, MJones, Crowder, Cobb, Claypool, AGG, Miller (CHI), Humphries, Conley, David Moore, Demarcus Robinson, Gordon :boohoo:
TE- Olsen, Ian Thomas, Njoku
PK- Butker
PN- Cooke
DT- CJones, Ogunjobi, Kinlaw
DE- Hunter, DLaw, Young, Anderson, Turay
LB- Littleton, Mosley, D. Davis, Schobert, Bush, AJ Johnson, Walker, Evans, Burgess
CB- C Davis, Ward, Murphy-Bunting
S- JJ3, Walker, Williams, Rapp, Parks

Taxi: Oliver, Laird, Collier, Cominsky, Phillips, JAXWilliams, Harris, Willis

FuzzySignificance
Starter
Starter

Postby FuzzySignificance » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:20 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:22 pm I feel like it's only people hanging onto Ajayi that think (hope) the Texans sign him.
lol, says the guy who made up a failed physical that never happened. i don't own ajayi but it doesn't take much dot connecting to think that there's some chance that he lands in Houston or really anywhere needing an experienced, plug n' play running back. weird to be so obsessed with him *not* being the guy
12 team ppr, 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 2 flex
QB: Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Le'Veon Bell, Kerryon Johnson, Peyton Barber, Ronald Jones, Darwin Thompson
WR: Amari Cooper, Adam Thielen, Antonio Brown, Will Fuller, DeDe Westbrook, Robby Anderson, Marquise Goodwin, Justin Watson, Albert Wilson, Greg Dortch
TE: Travis Kelce, Vance McDonald, Kyle Rudolph, Delanie Walker, Ian Thomas, Gerald Everett

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:40 pm

FuzzySignificance wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:20 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:22 pm I feel like it's only people hanging onto Ajayi that think (hope) the Texans sign him.
lol, says the guy who made up a failed physical that never happened. i don't own ajayi but it doesn't take much dot connecting to think that there's some chance that he lands in Houston or really anywhere needing an experienced, plug n' play running back. weird to be so obsessed with him *not* being the guy
Could be that Miller has poisoned that well. Ajayi wasn’t well regarded in Miami based on how he left and everything I’ve read and I can’t imagine the guy he was brought in to replace is going to have many positive things to say. I would also think you’d want more of a power back with less of an injury risk to pair with Duke.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker