Rodney Anderson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
trader_nation
Rookie
Rookie

Rodney Anderson

Postby trader_nation » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:45 pm

Great to see Rodney Anderson come back from such a gruesome injury history... Was not expecting him to look like Barry Saunders in the open field in his first NFL start back from injury. For a big dude sure looks good in the passing game. Wish I had more shares!

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Rodney Anderson

Postby DJB » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:53 pm

Absolutely love this kid.

But hes buried so far down the depth chart.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

drobes
Starter
Starter

Postby drobes » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:56 pm

That play was so pretty I had to watch it 4 times.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/11647032 ... -action%2F

I hope he can do that against starters.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:03 pm

I really wanted to like him, but he's made of glass. Reminds me of Ryan Mathews in good and bad ways.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

trader_nation
Rookie
Rookie

Postby trader_nation » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:04 pm

"But hes buried so far down the depth chart" for sure, he is not going to get your many points the first half of the season or probably even this year.

"That play was so pretty I had to watch it 4 times" I was wondering which play this was going to be- he had so many

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:24 pm

trader_nation wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:04 pmfor sure, he is not going to get your many points the first half of the season or probably even this year.
At most he will be he backup to Mixon next year. Tough to get really excited about that.

Had he landed in a prime spot like TB or somewhere else he'd be going much higher in rookie drafts.
Last edited by DJB on Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

trader_nation
Rookie
Rookie

Postby trader_nation » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:39 pm

"At most he will be he backup to Mixon next year. Tough to get really excited about that" the guy is mostly on people taxi-squads. This is dynasty. In dynasty it doesn't matter who is in front of you if you are good RB. Michael Turner is probably the only decent RB in the last 20 years who has spent significant time as a back up. I'm not saying he will replace Mixon in his 2nd year, but if he is good, he will play somewhere- period. Opportunity matters in the first year for RB, after that- opportunity is just a guessing game. All those dops who choose Josh Jacobs over Montgomery in dynasty will figure this out- short term RB opportunity is irrelevant in dynasty unless you are trying to win this year.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:43 pm

Boomer Sooner. Shame he got hurt, again, this past season. He might have been a round 1 NFL pick had he put together a full season.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:44 pm

trader_nation wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:39 pm "At most he will be he backup to Mixon next year. Tough to get really excited about that" the guy is mostly on people taxi-squads. This is dynasty. In dynasty it doesn't matter who is in front of you if you are good RB. Michael Turner is probably the only decent RB in the last 20 years who has spent significant time as a back up. I'm not saying he will replace Mixon in his 2nd year, but if he is good, he will play somewhere- period. Opportunity matters in the first year for RB, after that- opportunity is just a guessing game. All those dops who choose Josh Jacobs over Montgomery in dynasty will figure this out- short term RB opportunity is irrelevant in dynasty unless you are trying to win this year.
First off, it's dopes, not dops, ya big dope :lol: . Secondly, Jacobs is younger than Monty by a year, and RB opportunity is so difficult to predict long term. So Jacobs looks better both short and long term, considering he was considered (by most scouts better than you or I) to have the best 3 down skill set between the two of them (BTW, I like Monty a lot). Michael Turner was an outlier. You're using a RB who was a 2nd contract success as a way of promoting Monty over Jacobs, but how many RB's have gone Turner's route? Rodney Anderson will end up on most people's IR's if he ever gets off their taxi squad, in all probability. Guy has a slew of injuries and just can't seem to stay on the field. He's a great late round flier, but I would not expect much "long term". He would be a short term producer a few years from now, IMO, and I would flip him the second he put some FF points up, with his injury history.

trader_nation
Rookie
Rookie

Postby trader_nation » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:02 pm

" So Jacobs looks better both short and long term, considering he was considered by most scouts better than you or I to have the best 3 down skill set between the two of them (BTW, I like Monty a lot). Michael Turner was an outlier"
I think you miss my point my friend. I was saying Turner was outlier- hence my comment 'probably the only decent RB in the last 20 years' I am not sure what you are arguing?
"considering he was considered by most scouts" could you quantify that? that statement is neither here nor there. Is this based off the Raiders picking him in the first round?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:06 pm

trader_nation wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:02 pm " So Jacobs looks better both short and long term, considering he was considered by most scouts better than you or I to have the best 3 down skill set between the two of them (BTW, I like Monty a lot). Michael Turner was an outlier"
I think you miss my point my friend. I was saying Turner was outlier- hence my comment 'probably the only decent RB in the last 20 years' I am not sure what you are arguing?
"considering he was considered by most scouts" could you quantify that? that statement is neither here nor there. Is this based off the Raiders picking him in the first round?
Could, but won't. Not worth my time, right now. You can go look into if you'd like. I'm just heading to bed, have a great night.

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:38 am

I own mixon in one league and haven’t drafted yet and am very interested in Rodney. He’s had a bunch of bad injuries but they seem unrelated to each other and maybe a little flukey. Like it’s more bad luck than injury proneness. He’s good.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:06 am

I have the dilemma of keeping either Rodney or Gio as a handcuff to Mixon. I mentioned it a different thread a week ago and most people thought Gio was the player to own. I'm still on the fence with who to keep.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:28 am

trader_nation wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:02 pm " So Jacobs looks better both short and long term, considering he was considered by most scouts better than you or I to have the best 3 down skill set between the two of them (BTW, I like Monty a lot). Michael Turner was an outlier"
Maybe we will take you more seriously if you learn how to quote right on these forums. Anyway Jacobs is the better talent now and in the future. You think Cohen is just going to lose all that passing game work he has in chicago? Jacobs can run, catch, and most importantly if you want to be a 3 down NFL RB he can block from all accounts. He also has very little wear and tear on him from college and could have a longer NFL career than other backs due to this. I like Montgomery too but ignoring the fact that Cohen is young and will still have a prominent role in that offense is silly.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:38 am

IBall2 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:06 am I have the dilemma of keeping either Rodney or Gio as a handcuff to Mixon. I mentioned it a different thread a week ago and most people thought Gio was the player to own. I'm still on the fence with who to keep.
I doubt Gio is back next year. Likely prices himself out of Cincinnati