More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Re: More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:03 am

Bumping this because i dont want to start a new thread, i know the 2019 season is just starting but im in a rebuild and just have a general question. Jerry Jeudy was ranked #1 overall by Kiper today. My question is, Is the gape between Jeudy and everyone else nearly as large as the gap was between Barkley and everyone else in 2018? Im thinking the answer is a definite NO just because Barkley is amazing but the fact is i dont follow much college. All i know is 2020 is supposed to be really good overall and Jeudy is supposed to be the top player from this class.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:10 am

No Jeudy is definitely not seperated from the pack like Barkley or Zeke were in their classes IMO. I think Laviska Shenault is right there with him, and I've seen some say they think Jeudy's teammate Ruggs is just as good. Then there is always the RBs which will always be coveted. As of right now I would say there is a top tier of 4 players at the top who are nearly equal, with Jeudy currently occupying the top slot:
Jeudy
D'Andre Swift RB UGA
Jonathan Taylor RB Wisconsin
Laviska Shenault WR Colorado

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:20 am

bjd5211 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:10 am No Jeudy is definitely not seperated from the pack like Barkley or Zeke were in their classes IMO. I think Laviska Shenault is right there with him, and I've seen some say they think Jeudy's teammate Ruggs is just as good. Then there is always the RBs which will always be coveted. As of right now I would say there is a top tier of 4 players at the top who are nearly equal, with Jeudy currently occupying the top slot:
Jeudy
D'Andre Swift RB UGA
Thanks, im thinking (hoping really) that my pick will be a top 3 pick and this seems like a draft you can get a sure fire stud in in the two most important positions. Im weaker at RB tho i think so id rather go RB but if Jeudy does come to me at 1.02-1.03 and he really is that good i dont want to pass him up even if i feel like i need an RB. I have another first as well that could be all over the place, hoping to grab an RB there too.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:09 am

I've got 5-6 guys in my top tier right now. Hard to separate them yet.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:23 am

Weknownothing86 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:03 am Bumping this because i dont want to start a new thread, i know the 2019 season is just starting but im in a rebuild and just have a general question. Jerry Jeudy was ranked #1 overall by Kiper today. My question is, Is the gape between Jeudy and everyone else nearly as large as the gap was between Barkley and everyone else in 2018? Im thinking the answer is a definite NO just because Barkley is amazing but the fact is i dont follow much college. All i know is 2020 is supposed to be really good overall and Jeudy is supposed to be the top player from this class.
No, but it's still large. Jeudy is the best WR in college football by a good margin. Barring an injury, he will be a Top 5-10 pick in the NFL Draft. He's as surefire as it gets at the WR position. It's why I have him in his own Tier. After that, you still have some really good players, but they aren't as foolproof.

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:51 am

bjd5211 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:10 am No Jeudy is definitely not seperated from the pack like Barkley or Zeke were in their classes IMO. I think Laviska Shenault is right there with him, and I've seen some say they think Jeudy's teammate Ruggs is just as good. Then there is always the RBs which will always be coveted. As of right now I would say there is a top tier of 4 players at the top who are nearly equal, with Jeudy currently occupying the top slot:
Jeudy
D'Andre Swift RB UGA
Etienne has to be in that tier too. Also I struggle to put Taylor up there given that he's only got 16 receptions in two seasons, and I'm concerned about the amount of tread that will be on his tires given that he'll probably end up in the vicinity of 1,000 touches in 3 college seasons.
Last edited by hoos89 on Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:55 am

Just got my 3rd 1st rounder in ky half PPR super flex.

Im ALL IN on this draft class!
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:57 am

I have Etienne squarely behind Swift and Taylor at RB right now and as #3. Everyone can't be top tier, but still a lot of time to go before we really know anything. We're all going to have our own rankings, and those are my top 4 as of today.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:00 am

hoos89 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:51 am
Jeudy
D'Andre Swift RB UGA
Etienne has to be in that tier too. Also I struggle to put Taylor up there given that he's only got 16 receptions in two seasons, and I'm concerned about the amount of tread that will be on his tires given that he'll probably end up in the vicinity of 1,000 touches in 3 college seasons.
Etienne is a bad receiver. Taylor, we don't know yet. I don't know how you can hold receiving against one but not the other.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:05 am

For NFL scouts, Jeudy is in his own tier.

For fantasy purposes, Swift is there with him. 3 down bell cow with explosion, power, agility.. Everything. Reminds me of prime Frank Gore - a bull with quick feet who can catch. Same size too.

Taylor and Etienne are a fantasy tier. Borderline first rounders. Super stud pure runners without flashing receiving yet.

Dobbins Akers and CeeDee are a tier after IMO.

CubfanAA
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CubfanAA » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:19 am

Jeudy
D'Andre Swift RB UGA
Here is a poll from August of 2015 that shows even Zeke was not way seperated from the pack this far in advance....If anything Treadwell was the one way seperated from the pack. It's still way too early to be making any assumptions about Jeudy.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=103771

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:20 pm

Yeah, people forget but Treadwell was considered 1.01 in that class for a while.

Also fair points on Etienne above. Maybe I'll revise my tier 1 to Jeudy and Swift for now.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:55 pm

CubfanAA wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:19 am
Jeudy
D'Andre Swift RB UGA
Here is a poll from August of 2015 that shows even Zeke was not way seperated from the pack this far in advance....If anything Treadwell was the one way seperated from the pack. It's still way too early to be making any assumptions about Jeudy.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=103771
Which is why I said he's not the runaway #1 pick at the moment. The Zeke comparison was referring to his undisputed status once draft time was closer, so you're right that's not exactly an apples to apples to comparison. He's not Barkley though, as in he's not the slam dunk written in stone #1 pick a year out.

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:02 pm

Well, Travis Etienne is doing his part tonight. Absolutely electric. I’ll accept that it’s Georgia Tech, but the speed and explosion is in full display.

Additionally, Tee Higgins is looking smooth and dominant at times. He’s definite mid to late 1st next year.

Bonus... for you IDPers, keep an eye on Isaiah Simmons. That guy can fly and is a strong tackler.
14 TM / Devy / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 1 DT / 2 DE / 3 LB / 2 CB / 2 S / 1 F

QB: Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence
RB: Zamir White, Jaylen Warren, Trey Benson, James Conner, Will Shipley
WR: Michael Pittman, Puka Nacua, Drake London, Marquise Brown, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer
TE: Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Noah Gray
PK: Justin Tucker, Jason Myers
DT: Aaron Donald, Grover Stewart, Devonte Wyatt
DE: Alex Highsmith, Jonathan Cooper, Gregory Rousseau, Matt Judon, Baron Browning
LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Ernest Jones, Alex Anzalone, Jack Campbell
CB: L'Jarius Sneed, Deommodore Lenoir, Taron Johnson
S: Derwin James, Rayshawn Jenkins, Talanoa Hufanga, Kareem Jackson
DEVY: RB Nick Singleton PSU
2024 DEVY DEPLETED PICKS: 1.11, 1.13, 2.03, 2.05, 2.13, 3.01, 3.07, 3.10, 3.12, 4.03, 4.11, 4.15, 5.01, 5.02

dmac37
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dmac37 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:49 pm

Needalife wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:02 pm Well, Travis Etienne is doing his part tonight. Absolutely electric. I’ll accept that it’s Georgia Tech, but the speed and explosion is in full display.

Additionally, Tee Higgins is looking smooth and dominant at times. He’s definite mid to late 1st next year.

Bonus... for you IDPers, keep an eye on Isaiah Simmons. That guy can fly and is a strong tackler.
Taking a look at your roster I must admit, wow this roster is really weak, then I saw all your 1st round draft picks for 2020. I'm riding high now but may need to rebuild in 3 years or so, what did it take to acquire all those 1st round picks?
12 Team PPR Scoring:
QB: Purdy, Pickett, Howell, Rodgers
RB: Bijan, Kamara, A. Jones Spears Allgeier, Tucker, Hunt
WR: ARSB, Ridley, Nacua, E. Moore, Hollywood, Addison, Mingo, Mooney,
M. Thomas, Gallup
TE: Hockenson, Ferguson
PK:
DST: Ravens

12 Team Superflex PPR Scoring:
QB: Fields, Tua, Howell, White
RB: J. Taylor, A. Jones, Pierce, Swift , K. Miller, Hunt, Ford,
WR: Pittman, Deebo, Godwin, Ridley, Gabe Davis, E. Moore, Mooney, Toney, Q. Johnson
TE: Ferguson, Okonkwo L. Thomas