General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Sleeper Platform

Postby jomaed » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:49 pm

kmbryant09 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:06 pm
Flgatorguy87 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:07 am
kmbryant09 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:59 am Agreed on the Waiver front, you either process it every day or it's a free-for-all. In the season, there's an option to keep players on Waivers for 1 - 3 days once they've played a game, but that apparently doesn't include pre-season games. It doesn't sound like it will be an issue in-season, but it was a huge headache during the pre / off season.

I did reach out to their account on Twitter, and they've been more than responsive. Regarding the Waivers, they did say they hope to have an updated Waiver system to be released this week, so fingers crossed.
We did continuous waivers to run nightly during the preseason, which isn't that big of a deal especially with the sporadic preseason and random practice schedule/injuries that pop up.
We just like to give everyone 1 - 2 days to download information when games actually take place. Under the current setup, you could add a player overnight just hours after his team played a game (late at night, when most people aren't even awake).
Agreed. In dynasty leagues I dont like anyone having the advantage of seeing the news first, rushing to adds, and picking someone up before anyone else sees the news. Some people aren't always checking in like others.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:16 am

So any week 1 hickups or glitches? How have you liked Sleeper?

I have a test league running. My biggest frustration has been setting up free agency and waivers. A lot of options but no explanation as to what all the button do.

I love that it's designed for mobile use and is very fast.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:44 pm

No hitches for my league, was actually one of the most interactive weeks my league has had, chatting, taunting, gif'ing, etc.

The waivers were recently updated to allow a custom schedule, hope that solves that issue.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

lanemitchell96
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby lanemitchell96 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:11 am

No issues with my league either. Ran smoothly and I loved the weekly report at the end of the week
Twitter: @LaneMitchell96
FF4L

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:22 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:16 am So any week 1 hickups or glitches? How have you liked Sleeper?

I have a test league running. My biggest frustration has been setting up free agency and waivers. A lot of options but no explanation as to what all the button do.

Set the waivers using the new custom format and they didnt work initially. Sleeper help said it needed a few days to take affect. Crossing my fingers they work this week.

One question....We have waivers set for Wednesday, but its shows W(THU) when adding players. Is this because the waivers actually run on Thursday at like 1205 am?

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:33 am

jomaed wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:22 am
Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:16 am So any week 1 hickups or glitches? How have you liked Sleeper?

Set the waivers using the new custom format and they didnt work initially. Sleeper help said it needed a few days to take affect. Crossing my fingers they work this week.

One question....We have waivers set for Wednesday, but its shows W(THU) when adding players. Is this because the waivers actually run on Thursday at like 1205 am?
If I recall correctly, the default is 10 pm on Wednesday, so they must be rounding to call it Thursday. I think you can now select any time for them to run if you don't like 10pm.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:51 pm

So, ESPN has not re-implemented much of what they said they were going to and I am considering polling my leagues to shift to that platform.

How has Sleeper been treating those of you who went with it for the year?

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:33 pm

Phaded wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:51 pm So, ESPN has not re-implemented much of what they said they were going to and I am considering polling my leagues to shift to that platform.

I love it. All my leagues are on Sleeper except the Early Bird Special.

dark_knite03
Captain
Captain

Postby dark_knite03 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:58 pm

Bot101 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:33 pm
Phaded wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:51 pm So, ESPN has not re-implemented much of what they said they were going to and I am considering polling my leagues to shift to that platform.

I love it. All my leagues are on Sleeper except the Early Bird Special.
Little slow at times. But overall good platform. The pushing to buy mascots is a little annoying. As is some commissioner functions have to be done on a desktop version of their site. I've only ever played on Yahoo, mfl, and sleeper. It's my favorite of the three.
Est '17 12 Team 1PPR 4-Pass 6-Rush/Recieve TD
Start QB RB RB WR WR TE FX FX SF K DL LB DB
Champion 2021.
Geno, Tlaw, M Jones, D.Carr, White
JT, A Jones, Dobbins,Monty,D.Harris, Reyonds
Dillon,Kelley, Warren, Miller, Hill, Penny, Rivers
Diggs, AJB, Jefferson, Chase, Claypool, Juedy, Deebo,WanDale, Mingo, Boutte
Kittle, Andrews,Njoku
Moody

Superflex Est 19' - - Tiered PPR
QB RB RB WR WR WR/RB TE FX SF K D
Dak, Wilson, Watson
Henry, Chubb, ETN, Swift, Gus, Strong, Ford, Spiller, Chandler, Spears
Godwin, DJM , JJ,Kenaan, AJB, Lockett, Austin, Palmer, Boutte
Andrews, Goedert, Juwan, Woods

Hankybro21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hankybro21 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:50 pm

Love it so far. The mobile version seems more user friendly than desktop. As a commissioner, I found it a bit annoying that I had to use both mobile and desktop last year to set up our league...some functions were only available on mobile and some only on desktop. But its been smooth sailing once I got it all set up
Team 1
Q: Allen, Lamar
W: Devonta, Nuk, Godwin, Adams, Diontae, MT, Bateman, Toney, Osborn
R: JT, Henry, Ekeler, Gibbs, Mattison, Ford
T: Kelce

Team 2
Q: Allen, Mahomes, ARich
W: Jefferson, AJB, Tyreek, GW, Ridley, Godwin, MT, Downs, Toney
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, Breece, J. Cook, Kamara
T: Kelce, Hock
2024: 1.02, 1.04, Pick 21
2025: 1st (early)

Team 3
Q: Lamar, Herbert, Goff, Geno
W: Chase, AJB, Waddle, Pittman, Ridley, MT, Terrace Marshall, Downs
R: CMC, Ekeler, Bijan, Barkley, JT, Kamara, Tucker
T: Andrews, Granson
2024: 1.03, 3rd (late)

Team 4
Q: Mahomes, Allen, Geno
W: Tyreek, Lamb, Ridley, Pittman, Diontae, MT
R: CMC, Henry, JT, Chubb, Dobbins, Tucker
T: Kelce, Gesicki, Kittle

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:33 pm

Some pros and cons for me.

Pro:

- great customer service. Whenever there was an actual issue it seemed like they were eager to hear about it and either try to fix it immediately or at least soon.

- pretty sleek. The dark mode is a cool bonus that makes it pretty easy on the eyes for me.

- lots of great stats and up to date news updates through the app, everything from injury updates to signings to rumors. For those of us that don't follow Twitter it was pretty cool to get most of the good info just as fast.

- fast to update scores (same as most other, but an annoying downside of say mfl)

- overall pretty user friendly

Cons:

- good lord, the mascots. I know it's free, but I hate how prevalent the gimmicky mascots are, even on the game day scoreboard sites.

- speaking of scoreboards, I think the layout on game days leaves a bit to be desired, as I find it less organized than say espn and too cluttered.

- we had some major issues during the startup draft regarding trades. If you traded your 7th round pick for example, and then the other person picked any player with that pick, say james white, then if anybody wanted to make an offer for white it still showed up as the 7th round pick in the trade menu, not as the actual player. I wouldn't be surprised if most or all of those issues have been fixed by now, but it was pretty chaotic for us on draft day)

- Another thing that I'm sure is fixed by now, but that was definitely an issue for us, was that more than a few of us didn't get notifications at first, even though our settings were set correctly.

Overall for me I think it's ok, and has great potential, but I'm not sure I'm willing to move any leagues yet. Getting rid of the mascots would be a big first step in the right direction.
If only espn would go back to last year's interface and add a few small dynasty perks like draft pick trading they'd easily be the best site imho

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:03 am

I created a copy of my auction keeper league and ran that for a couple of weeks.

Overall it was ok. Performed well. No place for player contracts or auction values, that would have to be done separately.

I don't think it has all the features that dynasties want overall though I haven't given it a full test. I don't like that it pushes selling icons & avatars. If that's how it'll get paid for, it seems a bit kiddie or bush league.

I'd wait to have a different league on Sleeper before I commit to moving any of my dynasties there. MFL only fails at one thing that we wanted: the dropped player waiver system. It does the rest pretty well, so it'll take a better site for me to move.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:01 am

If you are running a fairly straight-forward Dynasty league (or re-draft), there's no better site / app.

If you're looking for an auction / contract / complex league, there's probably better options as they've yet to fully build-out their capabilities.

I have 1 Sleeper, 1 ESPN league, and we will be transitioning the ESPN league to Sleeper next year. There are some con's that have previously been laid out (mascots, site / app functionality), but they are very minor. Overall I'd definitely recommend Sleeper to anyone thinking about transitioning.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

brward
Rookie
Rookie

Postby brward » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:23 am

Hankybro21 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:50 pm

Love it so far. The mobile version seems more user friendly than desktop. As a commissioner, I found it a bit annoying that I had to use both mobile and desktop last year to set up our league...some functions were only available on mobile and some only on desktop. But its been smooth sailing once I got it all set up
The devs are pretty active on the DynastyFF subreddit. I'm pretty sure they said they are going to fix the discrepancies between the web app and the phone app over the summer.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:24 am

Great feedback everyone. Thank you.

I may poll my league to swap as I don't have any super complicated league features.