Devin Singletery or Justice Hill

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
frodo2003
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Devin Singletery or Justice Hill

Postby frodo2003 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:45 am

I have a chance to Draft 1 of these players-Devin Singletary or Justice Hill
Any advice which way to go?

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Devin Singletery or Justice Hill

Postby Gator Sens » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:34 am

Singletary - has a chance to produce in year one. I dont think either player has tremendous long term value.

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:37 am

I like both, but I'd probably go with Singletary. I actually think they both could have value this year, but I think Singletary has the better shot at becoming the lead back. With Ingram and Edwards there, I'm not sure if Hill will ever become that lead back. But I do really like the offense he landed in and i think it fits him perfectly.
12 team .5 PPR league. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 D/ST, 1 K, 13 BN, 1 IR

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
RB- Barkley / Pollard / Kamara / Brian Robinson / Dillon / Charbonnet / Dowdle
WR- ARSB / Amari Cooper / Ridley / Diontae Johnson / Michael Thomas / Doubs / Wicks
TE- Goedert / Waller
D/ST- Bills / Dolphins / Chiefs
K- Butker

Taxi- Levis / Roschon Johnson / Jameson Williams / Michael Wilson / Okonkwo

Picks- 2023: 1.02, 1.11, 2.10, 2.11, 3.11, 4.10, 4.11

GOTGDynasty
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby GOTGDynasty » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:47 pm

I'll go against the tide here and say Justice Hill who because of the nature of the Ravens offense, the continued growth of Lamar Jackson, the new weapons to stretch out the field and Mark Ingram turning 30 this season (the Saints let him go for a reason - yes Gore and McCoy are elderly too but I just like Hill's talent and situation better), I think while Singletary has the higher year-one floor, Hill has a higher year-one ceiling (look at what Gus Edwards was able to do last season there) and may end up taking the RB1 role away from Ingram at some point. He's the best talent in that backfield. The Ravens are on an upward slope and the Bills are still the Bills.
QBs: Patrick Mahomes, Trey Lance, Tua Tagovailoa
RB: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Saquon Barkley, JK Dobbins, James Conner, Travis Etienne, Tony Pollard, Brian Robinson.
WR: Ja'Marr Chase, A.J. Brown, Deebo Samuel, Jaylen Waddle, Chris Godwin, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Chase Claypool, Chris Olave, Odell Beckham, Josh Palmer
TE: George Kittle, T.J. Hockenson, Taysom Hill, Trey McBride, Isaiah Likely
PK: Nick Folk
(IDPs, start two per week per position):
DL: Danielle Hunter, Myles Garrett, Alex Highsmith, Aidan Hutchinson, Chase Young,
LB: Roquan Smith, C.J. Mosley, Logan Wilson, Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoa
DB: Derwin James, Jeremy Chinn, Xavier McKinney, Jalen Pitre

* Ten team league started in 2014.
** 40 player roster, 30 Keepers per season.
*** Red denotes 2022 draft pickups.

Stevens61310
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Stevens61310 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:55 pm

GOTGDynasty wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:47 pm I'll go against the tide here and say Justice Hill who because of the nature of the Ravens offense, the continued growth of Lamar Jackson, the new weapons to stretch out the field and Mark Ingram turning 30 this season (the Saints let him go for a reason - yes Gore and McCoy are elderly too but I just like Hill's talent and situation better), I think while Singletary has the higher year-one floor, Hill has a higher year-one ceiling (look at what Gus Edwards was able to do last season there) and may end up taking the RB1 role away from Ingram at some point. He's the best talent in that backfield. The Ravens are on an upward slope and the Bills are still the Bills.
I kind of disagree with parts of this statement. Especially the The Ravens are on the upward slope and the Bills are still the Bills. There still isn't a proven receiver on this team. A QB that is very much a threat as an RB. There is of course Ingram and Edwards. Singletery has 2 guys collecting social security and a mediocre JAG ahead of him. And I am hearing rumors that McCoy may not even make the team. And that Singletery is taking 1st team reps. I feel the Bills have made more progress forward than you will give them credit for. And i feel that Singletery is a much better talent than Hill. Give me Singletery over Hill this year and for the foreseeable future--talent and situation both favor Singletery--in my opinion--

GOTGDynasty
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby GOTGDynasty » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:20 pm

i feel that Singletery is a much better talent than Hill.
Well anyone who thinks that should definitely go with Singletery then. In the end we all trust our own conclusions.
QBs: Patrick Mahomes, Trey Lance, Tua Tagovailoa
RB: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Saquon Barkley, JK Dobbins, James Conner, Travis Etienne, Tony Pollard, Brian Robinson.
WR: Ja'Marr Chase, A.J. Brown, Deebo Samuel, Jaylen Waddle, Chris Godwin, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Chase Claypool, Chris Olave, Odell Beckham, Josh Palmer
TE: George Kittle, T.J. Hockenson, Taysom Hill, Trey McBride, Isaiah Likely
PK: Nick Folk
(IDPs, start two per week per position):
DL: Danielle Hunter, Myles Garrett, Alex Highsmith, Aidan Hutchinson, Chase Young,
LB: Roquan Smith, C.J. Mosley, Logan Wilson, Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoa
DB: Derwin James, Jeremy Chinn, Xavier McKinney, Jalen Pitre

* Ten team league started in 2014.
** 40 player roster, 30 Keepers per season.
*** Red denotes 2022 draft pickups.

Felix333
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Felix333 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:10 pm

I see a lot of similarities in the situation for both here. They are on defensive-minded teams, w/ 2nd year QBs and aging RB's ahead of them. The Ravens are perhaps the more run-heavy team with the new system they're running w/ Lamar; but no doubt there will be a solid volume of carries in BUF. I personally like Singletary better, and I think he becomes the RB1 sooner than Hill. But there's a very good argument here that Hill's situation is better long term.
LAFC Dynasty - 12 team PPR 1qb/2rb/2wr/1te/1Flex

QB: L. Jackson / Z. Wilson
RB: D. Swift / M. Sanders / Javonte Will / RoJo / P. Lindsay
WR: C. Lamb / JuJu / DJ Moore / K. Allen / T. Marshall / Edwards / TY
TE: Andrews / Hooper

LAFC Superflex - 12 team PPR 1qb/2rb/3wr/1te/1Flex/1SFlex

QB: A. Rodgers / T. Lance / S. Darnold
RB: Edwards-Helaire / G. Edwards / T. Cohen / J. White / D. Evans
WR: C. Godwin / A. Cooper / R. Bateman / L. Shenault / E. Moore / T. Boyd / Ruggs
TE: Jonnu / Ertz

Go Bucks
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Go Bucks » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:33 am

GOTGDynasty wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:47 pm I'll go against the tide here and say Justice Hill who because of the nature of the Ravens offense, the continued growth of Lamar Jackson, the new weapons to stretch out the field and Mark Ingram turning 30 this season (the Saints let him go for a reason - yes Gore and McCoy are elderly too but I just like Hill's talent and situation better), I think while Singletary has the higher year-one floor, Hill has a higher year-one ceiling (look at what Gus Edwards was able to do last season there) and may end up taking the RB1 role away from Ingram at some point. He's the best talent in that backfield. The Ravens are on an upward slope and the Bills are still the Bills.
Great post, completely agree.

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:29 pm

I couldn't decide so I have both on two of my teams!! :dance:

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:52 am

Singletary

Flgatorguy87
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flgatorguy87 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:38 am

I drop Singletary. I believe in Hill's talent more.

Can you not get a pick or trade one so you aren't losing them for nothing?
SF PPR 30 man roster 5 taxi 2 IR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 2TE, 2FLEX , Superflex

A. Rodgers, J. Goff, D. Lock, Ta. Hill

O. Beckham, Antonio Brown, M. Evans, A. Robinson, S. Diggs, C. Sutton, T. Boyd, Jakobi Meyers, S. Sims Jr., Darius Slayton

S. Barkley, Da. Cook, Cam Akers, JK Dobbins, R. Penny, Ronald Jones, W. Gallman, Duke Johnson, AJ Dillon, Darrynton Evans, DeeJay Dallas, L. Perine

G. Kittle, M. Andrews, H. Hurst

Taxi: R. Armstead, Joe Reed, L. Bowden Jr., I. Coulter, Scotty Miller

2021 - 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 5th

trader_nation
Rookie
Rookie

Postby trader_nation » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:08 pm

Justice Hill for sure. Singletary is small and slow- he gets run down by college LBs, he's going to get crushed in the nfl. His tape is alarming in-spite of his stats.