Preseason - Week 2

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Preseason - Week 2

Postby AussieMate » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:20 pm

TheNuts wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:59 pm
gmoftheyear wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:51 pm Allen is 10 out of 12 so far tonight.
Preseason
Yup, everyone knows preseason balls track players better than those in season balls.

gmoftheyear
Captain
Captain

Postby gmoftheyear » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:28 pm

Yeah, Daniel Jones looks pretty polished out there. Had a bad fumble when he didn't see the rusher but he's making his reads and throwing the ball well so far.
QB- R. Wilson, Garoppolo, Fields, Ridder, Rudolph, Hooker
RB- Ekeler, Mostert, Pacheco, Dillon, Dobbins I/R
WR- Metcalf, Pickens, Higgins, DJ Moore
TE- Kincaid, Higbee
K- Aubrey
Def- Denver, Pittsburgh

No PPR, Start 2 QBs, 2 RBS, 2 WRS, 1 TE, 1 FLEX,1 K, 1 DEF/ST. 6 pts all touchdowns
2002 Points Champion, 2007 HTH Champion, 2014 HTH Champion

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:33 pm

Jokes aside I rarely pay too much attention to preseason because I think coaches are just playing games with everyone. I just can't resist nfl being back even if it is preseason

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:40 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:20 pm Is Daniel Jones going to be the best QB in this class? Another strong performance. I kind of hope he is, just because of the ridicule this poor kid had to endure around him being drafted where he was.
I am actually low-key rooting for him just because everyone smashed him and then there was the Madden rating debacle where even Tyree Jackson had a better overall rating.

Life of Pablo
Starter
Starter

Postby Life of Pablo » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:22 pm

Phaded wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:40 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:20 pm Is Daniel Jones going to be the best QB in this class? Another strong performance. I kind of hope he is, just because of the ridicule this poor kid had to endure around him being drafted where he was.
I am actually low-key rooting for him just because everyone smashed him and then there was the Madden rating debacle where even Tyree Jackson had a better overall rating.
Yeah, I'm an Eagles fan and even I am low-key rooting for him lol (granted I am more of a casual Eagles fan than a die-hard). Hate when teams/players get pre-emptively sh*t on before we've even seen anything. Glad he's making some people shut up for now.
10-team standard, 18-man rosters (plus K/D + 1 IR + 2 TAXI)
1QB | 2RB | 2WR | 1TE | 1FLEX
2021: 8-6, 5th (AP: 76-50 / 60.3%, 3rd) ||| Runner-up
2022: 5-1, 2nd (AP: 47-7 / 87.0%, 1st)

QB: Hurts, Russ, Carr
RB: Chubb, Pierce, Swift, JRob, D'Ernest, Ford
WR: Diggs, Evans, GDavis, Nuk, Keenan, Hollywood, Mooney, CSamuel, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Dulcich, Fant
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2024 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:51 pm

I actually haven't watched the game tonight so take this post with a grain of salt. But does anyone besides me think that Dare Ogunbowale will actually be the lead back at some point this season?

That's my first bold take of the year. He will be the next Rob Kelley and come out of nowhere. I called Rob before. The stars are aligning again.

Arians is always full of coach speak so there is no telling who he actually wants to get the ball to but I think he is giving him a lot of run right now to see what he has got.

It's a cheap bold take as well. You can always toss him back onto the waiver. The downside of me being wrong here is pennies. The upside is a 2nd round pick in 2020.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:28 pm

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:51 pm I actually haven't watched the game tonight so take this post with a grain of salt. But does anyone besides me think that Dare Ogunbowale will actually be the lead back at some point this season?

That's my first bold take of the year. He will be the next Rob Kelley and come out of nowhere. I called Rob before. The stars are aligning again.

Arians is always full of coach speak so there is no telling who he actually wants to get the ball to but I think he is giving him a lot of run right now to see what he has got.

It's a cheap bold take as well. You can always toss him back onto the waiver. The downside of me being wrong here is pennies. The upside is a 2nd round pick in 2020.
No, I don't. Almost picked him up in a league, but couldn't justify it.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

gmoftheyear
Captain
Captain

Postby gmoftheyear » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:39 pm

Ebron with a td pass from Brissett. Browns backup QB Garrett Gilbert looked good too with 2 first half tds.
QB- R. Wilson, Garoppolo, Fields, Ridder, Rudolph, Hooker
RB- Ekeler, Mostert, Pacheco, Dillon, Dobbins I/R
WR- Metcalf, Pickens, Higgins, DJ Moore
TE- Kincaid, Higbee
K- Aubrey
Def- Denver, Pittsburgh

No PPR, Start 2 QBs, 2 RBS, 2 WRS, 1 TE, 1 FLEX,1 K, 1 DEF/ST. 6 pts all touchdowns
2002 Points Champion, 2007 HTH Champion, 2014 HTH Champion

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:33 pm

Steelers Chiefs
It was all James Conner to start the game. It's obvious what they think of Samuel. That being said, Samuel looks so good. I will maintain he is a clone of leveon bell. Would you want leveon bell playing second fiddle to anyone? Didn't think so.

Carlos Hyde didn't do anything special. I don't see him cutting into Damiens touches. Darwin Thompson now, he has done well with his first few touches. A nice change of pace guy for sure.

Titans vs Pats

Damien Harris would be a great replacement for either Michel or White if they went down. If they don't, it will be 2020 before Harris matters.

Corey Davis looks good. He runs some very nice routes with good cuts. Mariota looked solid the third drive. Who knows with him though. Mariota ran for the two pointer and got flipped into the end zone. Why would he take that risk?

Small note on Tenn, Jeremy McNichols is a good backup. He should be the third rb. If anything happens to Lewis I would expect him to be the guy to take over at that spot
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:32 pm

Pollard running the ball really well. Rams starters aren’t in but he has looked really good so far. Aside from the complete whiff on the blitz pickup. lol. Sad to know he heads to the bench once Zeke is back. Jerry Jones should think long and hard about that giant Rb contract.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:54 pm

TheNuts wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:33 pm Steelers Chiefs
It was all James Conner to start the game. It's obvious what they think of Samuel. That being said, Samuel looks so good. I will maintain he is a clone of leveon bell. Would you want leveon bell playing second fiddle to anyone? Didn't think so.

Carlos Hyde didn't do anything special. I don't see him cutting into Damiens touches. Darwin Thompson now, he has done well with his first few touches. A nice change of pace guy for sure.

Titans vs Pats

Damien Harris would be a great replacement for either Michel or White if they went down. If they don't, it will be 2020 before Harris matters.

Corey Davis looks good. He runs some very nice routes with good cuts. Mariota looked solid the third drive. Who knows with him though. Mariota ran for the two pointer and got flipped into the end zone. Why would he take that risk?

Small note on Tenn, Jeremy McNichols is a good backup. He should be the third rb. If anything happens to Lewis I would expect him to be the guy to take over at that spot
No way. Come on man, Bell was absolutely on another level in his Steeler days. Really not sure how much you can glean from 3 preseason carries. I say 3, because that TD literally every RB on a current NFL roster would have scored that, that's how well blocked it was. I think Samuels is a quality back, but nowhere near the same talent level of Le'veon Bell.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:00 pm

Jakobi Meyers hype is strong. Guy caught all 6 of his targets for over 80 yards again.
Janiel Dones Truther

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:12 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:00 pm Jakobi Meyers hype is strong. Guy caught all 6 of his targets for over 80 yards again.
Well I got him and Preston Williams for free on waivers. Immediately got offered a 2020 2nd (mid-late) for Jakobi so I took that. So now, everyone pay attention, Meyers will be a stud and Williams will screw up off the field and disappear.

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:28 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:54 pm
TheNuts wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:33 pm Steelers Chiefs

Titans vs Pats

No way. Come on man, Bell was absolutely on another level in his Steeler days. Really not sure how much you can glean from 3 preseason carries. I say 3, because that TD literally every RB on a current NFL roster would have scored that, that's how well blocked it was. I think Samuels is a quality back, but nowhere near the same talent level of Le'veon Bell.
Nowhere did I say that I based all of my opinion on 3 carries. Nor did I say that td run was spectacular. Yes anyone could make that td run so it doesn't count at all. I have been thinking he looks that good since last year. When he destroyed the Pats, go watch all of his carries in that game against the Pats. He is such a smooth runner and an excellent receiver. He is that good.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

koalabear
Captain
Captain

Postby koalabear » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:02 am

TheNuts wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:33 pm
I thought that when I looked at the depth chart. Interesting, will at least put him on my watch list.
1. 12 team 1pt PPR. Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE. Yr 7
QB: Murray, Stafford
RB: Dobbins, Sanders, Pearce
WR: Jefferson, Burks, JuJu
TE: Goedert, Everett
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

2. 12 team 1pt PPR. Start 1 QB, 2-4 RB, 3-5 WR, 1-3 TE. Yr 6.
QB: Jackson, Allen
RB: Akers, CEH
WR: Chase, M Brown, Pittman, M Williams
TE: Tonyan, Hooper
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

3. 12 team superflex, PPR (WR/RB/TE 1/1.25/1.5). Start 1-2 QB, 1-7 RB, WR, TE. Yr 5.
QB: Jackson, Prescott, Brady
RB: Singletary, Harris
WR: Jefferson, Adams, Burks, Evans, Lockett
TE: Hockenson
2023: 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th