Justice Hill value

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Justice Hill?

Postby sugbear65 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:49 pm

Lotta love on here for him so maybe I need to re-evaluate. But to me, he’s not beating out Ingram for main back duties. I think that’s Ingram’s job this year, and if he falters with it they will draft another next year. That leaves the 3rd down/ COP back role. I think Hill is perfectly suited for that role, as I don’t think he has a true 3 down back. The only problem is it is that role in Baltimore. I worry about enough receptions to feed a useful WR there, let alone a RB.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:36 pm

sugbear65 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:49 pm Lotta love on here for him so maybe I need to re-evaluate. But to me, he’s not beating out Ingram for main back duties. I think that’s Ingram’s job this year, and if he falters with it they will draft another next year. That leaves the 3rd down/ COP back role. I think Hill is perfectly suited for that role, as I don’t think he has a true 3 down back. The only problem is it is that role in Baltimore. I worry about enough receptions to feed a useful WR there, let alone a RB.
Justice Hill is the reason Chris Carson was a 7th round pick. He's hyper athletic and showed both workhorse ability in college and the ability to make plays in the open field.

No idea how his game will translate to the NFL...but I think it's crazy to assume he can't beat out Ingram.

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:48 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:36 pm
sugbear65 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:49 pm Lotta love on here for him so maybe I need to re-evaluate. But to me, he’s not beating out Ingram for main back duties. I think that’s Ingram’s job this year, and if he falters with it they will draft another next year. That leaves the 3rd down/ COP back role. I think Hill is perfectly suited for that role, as I don’t think he has a true 3 down back. The only problem is it is that role in Baltimore. I worry about enough receptions to feed a useful WR there, let alone a RB.
Justice Hill is the reason Chris Carson was a 7th round pick. He's hyper athletic and showed both workhorse ability in college and the ability to make plays in the open field.

No idea how his game will translate to the NFL...but I think it's crazy to assume he can't beat out Ingram.
That’s fair, we all have our guys. I don’t see him as having workhorse ability in the NFL but I have been wrong plenty. Though I think crazy is thinking he even gets the shot to beat out Ingram, I don’t think there’s any race there and an Ingram injury is the only shot for overtaking him. Maybe in season if Ingram is really bad, but I think he’s proven enough to know that’s not the case.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:52 pm

sugbear65 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:48 pm

That’s fair, we all have our guys. I don’t see him as having workhorse ability in the NFL but I have been wrong plenty. Though I think crazy is thinking he even gets the shot to beat out Ingram, I don’t think there’s any race there and an Ingram injury is the only shot for overtaking him. Maybe in season if Ingram is really bad, but I think he’s proven enough to know that’s not the case.
This year he will compliment Ingrim. Ingrim is a lock starter and should have a very good year. Big fan of both players.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:04 pm

Flgatorguy87 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:49 am Dixon is toast. Justice is the future and the present.
Dixon would be the most talented RB cut in the history of the NFL...ok maybe not that drastic, but talented, healthy, RBs do not get cut. I fail to see the benefit or logic for a heavy run first team to cut a very talented RB.

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:07 pm

remedy29 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:04 pm
Flgatorguy87 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:49 am Dixon is toast. Justice is the future and the present.
Dixon would be the most talented RB cut in the history of the NFL...ok maybe not that drastic, but talented, healthy, RBs do not get cut. I fail to see the benefit or logic for a heavy run first team to cut a very talented RB.
Dixon’s been in the league 3 years and played 18 games. He’s averaged 50 yards a game and has 4tds, I think you need to give it up with Dixon. Dude can’t stay on the field and doesn’t do much when on it anyway.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:18 pm

Ice wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:52 pm
sugbear65 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:48 pm

This year he will compliment Ingrim. Ingrim is a lock starter and should have a very good year. Big fan of both players.
Hill isn't my guy, but the case that he could be a much more talented RB than Ingram isn't hard to make :lol:

I do think Ingram was brought in for the starting gig, but Carlos Hyde was last year, as well. Derrick Ward was given huge money in FA to be the starter only to be beat out in training camp by Cadillac Williams. Plans change. I'm not going to claim it will happen, but there's definitely a chance... Ingram has been productive in recent years, but he's not a locked and loaded stud based on his earlier career struggles, and his success thus far has occurred in one of the best situations in football.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:05 am

Ummm Kareem Hunt got cut and I would say he qualifies as a talented and healthy RB. Now that obviously had off field reasons, but Dixon supposedly has some turd in him. RB is the most replaceable position in the league and Dixon isnt some uber talent that the league hasn't seen. C'mon man.

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:11 am

Justice looked really good again last night. Very impressive quickness and really good cutting ability. Speed is undeniable on the field. Showed some really tough between the tackles running as well which was good to see.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:47 am

Nanananananana wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:07 pm
Dixon’s been in the league 3 years and played 18 games. He’s averaged 50 yards a game and has 4tds, I think you need to give it up with Dixon. Dude can’t stay on the field and doesn’t do much when on it anyway.
This. I was a believer as well because he showed some promise. But the injuries derailed everything

Flgatorguy87
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flgatorguy87 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:57 am

You better get the Ravens front office on the phone before they make this colossal mistake then. He's clearly sandbagging for the regular season as his 10 carry 35 yard stat line is misleading.

...in all seriousness, not trying to be just an asshole, but the guy is staring down the barrel at this point. I agree he is very talented, but he's never put more than a couple games together that have been separated by long injury stints. I think him being cut is the best case scenario for him. He needs a fresh start.
SF PPR 30 man roster 5 taxi 2 IR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 2TE, 2FLEX , Superflex

A. Rodgers, J. Goff, D. Lock, Ta. Hill

O. Beckham, Antonio Brown, M. Evans, A. Robinson, S. Diggs, C. Sutton, T. Boyd, Jakobi Meyers, S. Sims Jr., Darius Slayton

S. Barkley, Da. Cook, Cam Akers, JK Dobbins, R. Penny, Ronald Jones, W. Gallman, Duke Johnson, AJ Dillon, Darrynton Evans, DeeJay Dallas, L. Perine

G. Kittle, M. Andrews, H. Hurst

Taxi: R. Armstead, Joe Reed, L. Bowden Jr., I. Coulter, Scotty Miller

2021 - 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 5th

TampaBay216
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TampaBay216 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:23 am

Hill is passing the eye test for me. Sometimes that’s all it takes in fantasy to be relevant. Do I see him overtaking Ingram, no. Can I see him beating out Dixon and getting 10-12 touches/game as early as this year, yes. Which in that case would create a nice sell high window.
I’m a fan of the player, situation, and landing spot. Now we just need a little opportunity to come his way. So far, he’s showing he deserves it.
Team 1
12 team IDP PPR Single QB

QB: J. Burrow, J. Love
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, J. Williams
WR: C. Lamb, J. Jefferson, M. Evans, C. Godwin, A.J. Brown
TE: S. LaPorta D. Geodert, T. Kelce
DL: D. Hunter, C. Granderson, B. Chubb
LB: P. Queen, R. Smith, CJ Mosley
CB: J. Thompson, CJGJ, P. Adebo

Team 2
14 Team TEP SF PPR IDP

QB: P. Mahomes, A. Richardson , B. Young
RB: B. Robinson, J. Gibbs
WR: T. Higgins, M. Brown, D. London, D. Wicks, Q. Johnston
TE: D. Njoku, I. Likely

Picks: 24’ - 1.10 - 2.09 - 2.14 - 3.09 - 3.13

Team 3
12 team IDP SF PPR TEP

QB: L. Jackson, J. Hurts, B. Young, Rodgers
RB: B. Hall, J. Gibbs, I. Pacheco, A. Kamara
WR: P. Nacua, Deebo, JSN, Sutton, M. Brown
TE: T. Hockenson, J. Ferguson
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, R. Spillane, B. Wagner, D. Greenlaw
DB: J. Brisker, B. Baker, K. Moore
DL: D. Hunter, M. Garrett, K. Paye, Q. Williams

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:54 am

I love this kid and own him on every dynasty team I have. True bellcows are hard to come by, which he is not that but a Kamara type with high RB2/low RB1 upside all day.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:58 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:05 am
Ummm Kareem Hunt got cut and I would say he qualifies as a talented and healthy RB. Now that obviously had off field reasons, but Dixon supposedly has some turd in him. RB is the most replaceable position in the league and Dixon isnt some uber talent that the league hasn't seen. C'mon man.
Or what about a healthy Alex Collins who was cut by Seattle, then made his way to Baltimore where he became the starter for a bit? Healthy/talented RB's get cut all the time. Some teams are better at talent evaluation than others, and some value different skills or abilities in their personnel.

On Hill, he slots in with guys like Thompson and Henderson for me. They're guys who could end up as a starter, but they're not what most would consider prototypical starter material physically.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Flgatorguy87
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flgatorguy87 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:58 pm

Hill is going to be what people wanted Darwin to be.
SF PPR 30 man roster 5 taxi 2 IR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 2TE, 2FLEX , Superflex

A. Rodgers, J. Goff, D. Lock, Ta. Hill

O. Beckham, Antonio Brown, M. Evans, A. Robinson, S. Diggs, C. Sutton, T. Boyd, Jakobi Meyers, S. Sims Jr., Darius Slayton

S. Barkley, Da. Cook, Cam Akers, JK Dobbins, R. Penny, Ronald Jones, W. Gallman, Duke Johnson, AJ Dillon, Darrynton Evans, DeeJay Dallas, L. Perine

G. Kittle, M. Andrews, H. Hurst

Taxi: R. Armstead, Joe Reed, L. Bowden Jr., I. Coulter, Scotty Miller

2021 - 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 5th