RBBC in Kansas City

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: RBBC in Kansas City

Postby Phaded » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Huh wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:04 pm Our sweet little hyde is on the bubble. Bye bye
Big difference between a prediction by an erroneous beat writer and actually being on the bubble.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:55 pm

I remember when Hyde was on the bubble in San Fran and went on to be RB12 overall.

Which reminds me... Tevin Coleman is the single best value in all drafts right now.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:58 pm

Also worth mentioning that Taylor says that his predictions are based on preseason game 1 and that Hyde could retain his roster spot with a good week two showing, so in other words - it's not news but just a half assed prediction with a disclaimer.

Stop reading just the headline folks.

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:02 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:51 pm
Huh wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:04 pm Our sweet little hyde is on the bubble. Bye bye
Big difference between a prediction by an erroneous beat writer and actually being on the bubble.
Lol that’s what I was thinking. The guy goes on to say that Hyde’s performance in the next preseason game could get him back on the 53. This guy doesn’t know much from what I can tell. I’m pretty sure the Chiefs kind of know what they have in Carlos. It’s not going to be how he performs as much as how the other young RBs on the roster look that could decide his fate. I’ll go on record now though as saying barring trade, I don’t see how Hyde doesn’t make the final roster. Even if Darwin looks primed to contribute, it’s still a fairly thin group and Hyde carries more nfl experience the the rest of them combined. Plus 1.6 of his 2.8 salary is fully guaranteed, so you ain’t saving much money

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:23 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:51 pm
Ugh, guilty as charged. I thought I was supposed to be able to trust rotoworld. I’m embarrassed.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:31 pm

Lesson learned.
Do not trust Rotoworld.

:)

We've all been there.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:11 pm

Lord_Varys wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:55 pm I remember when Hyde was on the bubble in San Fran and went on to be RB12 overall.

Which reminds me... Tevin Coleman is the single best value in all drafts right now.
Coleman did nothing with his shot at the lead role in Atlanta, a far better offense. Breida>Coleman for me.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:39 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:11 pm
Lord_Varys wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:55 pm I remember when Hyde was on the bubble in San Fran and went on to be RB12 overall.

Coleman did nothing with his shot at the lead role in Atlanta, a far better offense. Breida>Coleman for me.
OL was injured and Sark scheme was bleep. Shanny can take any scrub and make them a mid range fantasy rb2. Coleman isn't a stud but he's not a scrub either.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:03 pm

Lord_Varys wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:39 pm

OL was injured and Sark scheme was bleep. Shanny can take any scrub and make them a mid range fantasy rb2. Coleman isn't a stud but he's not a scrub either.
Agree,

The Falcons had more issues than almost any team in the league last year. Not just O line but decimated on defense to a point they couldn’t stop anyone forcing an imbalance on offense.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

dmac37
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dmac37 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:16 pm

As a D Will owner I have been back and forth this off season whether to hold or sell. Kinda been yanked by the chain with the various quotes from Andy but I think he is a hold for two main points.

KC RB talent- I don't think Hyde is a serious threat and I don't think any of the young guys scream out enough talent for Andy to bump them up this year
History- Andy has showed the preference for 1 guy to take the load. I think the RBBC comment last week was meant more as a kick in the pants to D. Will
12 Team PPR Scoring:
QB: Purdy, Pickett, Howell, Rodgers
RB: Bijan, Kamara, A. Jones Spears Allgeier, Tucker, Hunt
WR: ARSB, Ridley, Nacua, E. Moore, Hollywood, Addison, Mingo, Mooney,
M. Thomas, Gallup
TE: Hockenson, Ferguson
PK:
DST: Ravens

12 Team Superflex PPR Scoring:
QB: Fields, Tua, Howell, White
RB: J. Taylor, A. Jones, Pierce, Swift , K. Miller, Hunt, Ford,
WR: Pittman, Deebo, Godwin, Ridley, Gabe Davis, E. Moore, Mooney, Toney, Q. Johnson
TE: Ferguson, Okonkwo L. Thomas

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:42 pm

Ice wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:03 pm

Agree,

The Falcons had more issues than almost any team in the league last year. Not just O line but decimated on defense to a point they couldn’t stop anyone forcing an imbalance on offense.
Sark, what a joke. How hard would have been to say that offense was awesome let’s keep doing that.

snaps06
Captain
Captain

Postby snaps06 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:19 pm

Badkins1121 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:10 am
snaps06 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:12 am
Lord_Varys wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:41 am

I'm just working on the universal truth that every year there is a running back to go off in the last two months who goes on to be drafted in the first three rounds who goes on to bust. It is a truth as proven as the sun rising in the east at this point. A law of nature like evolution. Every single year, the waiver darlings get drafted high, die and are replaced by another. Collins. Forsett. CJA. Hill. I could go on and on.

Of course I'm being a bit facetious here. But I mean... It happens every year.
THANK YOU

Add Jay Ajayi onto the list of guys being taken high after one good year (that was more like 3 incredible games in a row).

Here are some guys that weren't being drafted in the first three rounds after their blowups, but ended up definitely being overdrafted at one point: Thomas Rawls. Zac Stacy. Peyton Hillis. Tim Hightower.

I remember Rawls and Stacy being drafted waaaaay too high in leagues.
I took CJ Spiller end of the 1st after his one big year 😔
I got bit by CJ Spiller, too....how could I forget him. Not quite as badly as you did, but I did invest in him in a couple leagues. Ugh.

Worst first round pick I think I've ever seen: someone taking Montee Ball several years ago. What's funny is that owner is now the best dynasty owner I know haha.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:33 pm

Disregard. My refresh clearly didn’t work

FuzzySignificance
Starter
Starter

Postby FuzzySignificance » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:06 am

i can't believe i just read 163 posts about damien williams (essentially) at 5am but here we are. some low hanging fruit:

1. Andy Reid isn't going to employ any more of a committee than he has for the past 20 years
2. Carlos Hyde isn't more talented than Damien Williams (this is not high praise for Damien Williams)
3. Carlos Hyde isn't going to be cut
4. "THE" back to own in KC is any/all of them
5. Tevin Coleman, is, in fact, one of the best values in drafts right now
12 team ppr, 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 2 flex
QB: Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Le'Veon Bell, Kerryon Johnson, Peyton Barber, Ronald Jones, Darwin Thompson
WR: Amari Cooper, Adam Thielen, Antonio Brown, Will Fuller, DeDe Westbrook, Robby Anderson, Marquise Goodwin, Justin Watson, Albert Wilson, Greg Dortch
TE: Travis Kelce, Vance McDonald, Kyle Rudolph, Delanie Walker, Ian Thomas, Gerald Everett

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:01 am

Huh wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:42 pm
Ice wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:03 pm

Agree,

Sark, what a joke. How hard would have been to say that offense was awesome let’s keep doing that.
He tried that in 2017 and it wasn’t going very well. Sark doesn’t know how to run Shanny’s offense. Last year they flipped to what Sark usually does and their points jumped by more than 50. Granted they still missed the mark set under Shanny by more than a hundred, but I don’t think trying to run a scheme the OC isn’t familiar with is the answer.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker