Which 4 would you keep?

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
lic217
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Which 4 would you keep?

Postby lic217 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:12 am

Steelersfan wrote:Austin, Mathews, McCoy, & McFadden for me...

Good luck!
These are definately the four to keep

Riders4Ever
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Riders4Ever » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:29 pm

So, Austin, McFadden and McCoy seem to be the consensus top 3. After that it appears there is a split between Dez and Mathews. Which is exactly the decision I was having trouble making. :?
I guess I'll see if I can move Dez for a RB. If I can't... I guess I have a tough decision in front of me.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:56 pm

Riders4Ever wrote:So, Austin, McFadden and McCoy seem to be the consensus top 3. After that it appears there is a split between Dez and Mathews. Which is exactly the decision I was having trouble making. :?
I guess I'll see if I can move Dez for a RB. If I can't... I guess I have a tough decision in front of me.
How about offering Dez/Mathews for Calvin or Fitz?
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Riders4Ever
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Riders4Ever » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:59 pm

skip wrote:
Riders4Ever wrote:So, Austin, McFadden and McCoy seem to be the consensus top 3. After that it appears there is a split between Dez and Mathews. Which is exactly the decision I was having trouble making. :?
There is not much likelihood of this happening because the owner with Calvin and Fitz also has AP and Chris Johnson. He also has Harvin, Hillis and Lloyd on his roster so he's stacked and the Mathews/Bryant deal does nothing for him. I do understand your point about offering a 2 for 1 deal to a team to strengthen their overall keepers and consolidate my roster.
I joined this league as an expansion team when they moved from 10 to 12 teams last season. There are 3-4 "Have" teams and 3-4 "Have Not " teams and the other 4-6 teams are in the middle. I'll have to see if I can swing a 2 for 1 deal with one of the "Have Not" teams. Would you give both up for Forte, Greg Jennings or Greene? What about Dez and Mathews for Marshall or JStew? Another team has Nicks,Finley and TB MWilliams on it, Nicks would be a no brainer, but I'm unsure about the other two.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:14 pm

Riders4Ever wrote:
skip wrote:
There is not much likelihood of this happening because the owner with Calvin and Fitz also has AP and Chris Johnson. He also has Harvin, Hillis and Lloyd on his roster so he's stacked and the Mathews/Bryant deal does nothing for him. I do understand your point about offering a 2 for 1 deal to a team to strengthen their overall keepers and consolidate my roster.
I joined this league as an expansion team when they moved from 10 to 12 teams last season. There are 3-4 "Have" teams and 3-4 "Have Not " teams and the other 4-6 teams are in the middle. I'll have to see if I can swing a 2 for 1 deal with one of the "Have Not" teams. Would you give both up for Forte, Greg Jennings or Greene? What about Dez and Mathews for Marshall or JStew? Another team has Nicks,Finley and TB MWilliams on it, Nicks would be a no brainer, but I'm unsure about the other two.
If you are going to trade both, I would only do it if you were getting an elite player in return. Of all the names you mention, Nicks is the closest to that. You still want to keep value in perspective. In a straight up trade, Dez is worth more in value than either Finley or TBMW.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Riders4Ever
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Riders4Ever » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:19 pm

skip wrote:
Riders4Ever wrote:
skip wrote: How about offering Dez/Mathews for Calvin or Fitz?
If you are going to trade both, I would only do it if you were getting an elite player in return. Of all the names you mention, Nicks is the closest to that. You still want to keep value in perspective. In a straight up trade, Dez is worth more in value than either Finley or TBMW.
Thanks Skip. Since one team has AP, CJohnson, Fitz and Calvin that significantly reduces the number of potential elite targets. I've sent out an offer of Dez and Mathews to the Andre Johnson and Nicks' owners and I'll see what happens.
Rice, Charles, Foster and MJD are potential targets. But Foster's lone season of success and MJD's knee(s) worry me. I might send trade offers to the Rice and Charles owners. The worst they can do is say no. The arrival of Julio and Roddy's age make me question the number of elite years of production White has left. So, I might stay away from that trade offer.

AK49
Captain
Captain

Postby AK49 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:46 pm

Steelersfan wrote:Austin, Mathews, McCoy, & McFadden for me...
This if you don't move them. Mathews has good upside.

More value in the RBs with non-ppr and so many WR/RB flex spots.
Definately send an offer to the Charles and Rice owners.
Good Luck.
12 Team PPR TE Premium
(1) QB Stafford, Cutler
(1-3)RB: CJ Spiller, F Jax, Mathews, Latavius
(2-4)WR: AJ Green, C. Patterson, Alshon Jeffery, M. Floyd, J. Blackmon, M. Wheaton, M. Brown
(0-2)TE: Julius Thomas, Ladarius Green, K. Rudolph