Rookie Draft 1.01

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Rookie Draft 1.01

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:55 am

curtis samuel has massive wr3 upside dont sleep
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Openmountain
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Openmountain » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:04 pm

I’m going with Montgomery with 1.01. He did pretty good playing a few snaps and it looks like everyone got to see a glimpse of his talent. He can catch and make people miss tackling him(very good trait). I say you can’t go wrong with the top 3 RB’s with Sanders, Montgomery and Jacobs. The only main problem is this year Sanders will have to share his carries with others on the team while Jacobs and Montgomery can become workhorses right away.
QB DeShaun Watson, CJ Stroud, Bryce Young, Will Levis
RB Saquon Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, Alexander Mattison, Roschon Johnson, Kendra Miller
WR Ja’Marr Chase, CeeDee Lamb, Chris Olave, JSN, Treylon Burks
TE George Kittle, Noah Fant, Dalton Schultz, Luke Schoonmaker

JamboMac
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JamboMac » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:07 pm

The.Big.Spank wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:50 am
djeternal2 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:42 am
Red9Devil wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:56 am I ended up taking Jacobs, even though I needed a WR more. I'm up at 2.01 as well, and Marquise Brown or Parris Campbell tend to end up going around there. So I'll grab one of them.

Plus Curtis Samuel is a FA, so I'll grab him at 3.01 if he is still there, which he should be.
With all the buzz around Curtis Samuel I highly doubt he'll be there at 3.01.
This and you should have taken Montgomery. I know its hard because nobody else is saying it, but its true. He is the stud Rb in this class.
This is a IDP league with quite shallow rosters. I reckon he may still be there at 3.01, but I may take him 2.01 yet. Depends who is left.

I like Montgomery, but I feel Jacobs will get more volume this year. If he proves himself, he will be a stud, but I also think Monty will too, in all honesty. It was a tough choice.
12 team - SF, PPR, 0.25PPC, 1.5 TEP, IDP
QB - Stroud, Maye
RB - Ra.White, Herbert
WR - London, JSN, BT.Jr, Burks, Hyatt
TE - McBride

IDP notable players - Parsons, Ojulari, Edmunds, Campbell, Dean.

7x2025 1st, 5x2025 2nd, and so on.

12 team - SF, PPR, 0.25PPC, 1.5 TEP
QB - Allen, Lawrence, Jackson
RB - JT, Etienne, Hall, K.Williams, Gibbs, Benson, Estime
WR - Lamb, St Brown, AJ Brown, JSN, Worthy, McConkey
TE - Pitts, Engram, Sanders, Woods, T.Johnson

jwconnel
Rookie
Rookie

Postby jwconnel » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:13 pm

Jacobs was probably the right choice, but I'm starting to love Monty more and more. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he runs away with rookie of the year if Kylar struggles.

Finfansteve
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Finfansteve » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:34 pm

I backed into the 1.01 totally by chance and literally have no clue who I’m going to pick. I need someone to show something this preseason but I’m starting tho think they’ll all be middle of the road players with nobody providing week to week wins for my team 2-3 years down the road. I feel if anyone is going to return 1.01 value out of this class it will be Murray. But I’ve never picked a qb in any draft ever in 30 years of doing this hobby and it’ll be hard to do that at 1.01 in this draft but if I feel I have to take him I’ll take him and figure it out later. I’m trying to trade the pick but there’s not much interest yet so far. We with 1.01 need a couple of guys to step up in the preseason soon either to make it easier to choose a player for our teams or generate some interest from other teams to trade into 1.01.
Jacobs didn’t even play in week 1 of the preseason for God’s sake. How can you select him never having even seeing him take a competitive snap yet? I’m hoping something good happens with this weeks games time is ticking down to draft day
Qb: Hurts, geno Smith
Rb: JT, Gibbs, Montgomery, Roschon, Z. White, Ty Chandler
Wr: AJB, JJ, Chase, waddle, G Wilson
TE: Pitts, Kincaid, Likely, Njoku

2024 1.01, 1.04, 1.05
10 team
9 players kept yearly
Non PPR
Not super flex
Start 1/1/2/1/2 flex
1 point per first down
All tds 6 points

JamboMac
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JamboMac » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:19 am

Finfansteve wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:34 pm I backed into the 1.01 totally by chance and literally have no clue who I’m going to pick. I need someone to show something this preseason but I’m starting tho think they’ll all be middle of the road players with nobody providing week to week wins for my team 2-3 years down the road. I feel if anyone is going to return 1.01 value out of this class it will be Murray. But I’ve never picked a qb in any draft ever in 30 years of doing this hobby and it’ll be hard to do that at 1.01 in this draft but if I feel I have to take him I’ll take him and figure it out later. I’m trying to trade the pick but there’s not much interest yet so far. We with 1.01 need a couple of guys to step up in the preseason soon either to make it easier to choose a player for our teams or generate some interest from other teams to trade into 1.01.
Jacobs didn’t even play in week 1 of the preseason for God’s sake. How can you select him never having even seeing him take a competitive snap yet? I’m hoping something good happens with this weeks games time is ticking down to draft day
Him being held out just shows how important he is to them, in all honesty. I ended up taking him, and I don't regret it yet. Monty would have been my second choice. That being said..if you're in a decent position to wait a couple of years for them to breakout, then N'keal Harry HAS to be the guy you take. I genuinely think this guy is special, and will be an animal for many years once he finds his feet. Just look at the two grabs he made last week!

My issue was that I need someone to produce immediately, so I took one of the two guys I believe will. If I was a contender already with settled positions, then Harry would have been first off the board.
12 team - SF, PPR, 0.25PPC, 1.5 TEP, IDP
QB - Stroud, Maye
RB - Ra.White, Herbert
WR - London, JSN, BT.Jr, Burks, Hyatt
TE - McBride

IDP notable players - Parsons, Ojulari, Edmunds, Campbell, Dean.

7x2025 1st, 5x2025 2nd, and so on.

12 team - SF, PPR, 0.25PPC, 1.5 TEP
QB - Allen, Lawrence, Jackson
RB - JT, Etienne, Hall, K.Williams, Gibbs, Benson, Estime
WR - Lamb, St Brown, AJ Brown, JSN, Worthy, McConkey
TE - Pitts, Engram, Sanders, Woods, T.Johnson

Finfansteve
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Finfansteve » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:09 pm

Red9Devil wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:19 am
Finfansteve wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:34 pm I backed into the 1.01 totally by chance and literally have no clue who I’m going to pick. I need someone to show something this preseason but I’m starting tho think they’ll all be middle of the road players with nobody providing week to week wins for my team 2-3 years down the road. I feel if anyone is going to return 1.01 value out of this class it will be Murray. But I’ve never picked a qb in any draft ever in 30 years of doing this hobby and it’ll be hard to do that at 1.01 in this draft but if I feel I have to take him I’ll take him and figure it out later. I’m trying to trade the pick but there’s not much interest yet so far. We with 1.01 need a couple of guys to step up in the preseason soon either to make it easier to choose a player for our teams or generate some interest from other teams to trade into 1.01.
Him being held out just shows how important he is to them, in all honesty. I ended up taking him, and I don't regret it yet. Monty would have been my second choice. That being said..if you're in a decent position to wait a couple of years for them to breakout, then N'keal Harry HAS to be the guy you take. I genuinely think this guy is special, and will be an animal for many years once he finds his feet. Just look at the two grabs he made last week!

My issue was that I need someone to produce immediately, so I took one of the two guys I believe will. If I was a contender already with settled positions, then Harry would have been first off the board.
It’s basically a free pick for me anyhow as I was offered 1.01 for two guys I was gonna cut if I couldn’t trade them I just obviously want to make sure I’m getting value with the pick.
I don’t need whoever I take at 1.01 to necessarily contribute this year but I’d like the guy to at least be someone who can contribute in coming years. I’m still figuring it out but I’m thinking of either Jacobs Montgomery Harry and even Murray are in consideration for the pick if I can’t trade it and one of them shows something in preseason or glowing reports come out soon one any one or all of them

I’m thinking Jacobs
Qb: Hurts, geno Smith
Rb: JT, Gibbs, Montgomery, Roschon, Z. White, Ty Chandler
Wr: AJB, JJ, Chase, waddle, G Wilson
TE: Pitts, Kincaid, Likely, Njoku

2024 1.01, 1.04, 1.05
10 team
9 players kept yearly
Non PPR
Not super flex
Start 1/1/2/1/2 flex
1 point per first down