It is Mark Ingram Time - Back Home to NO

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Life of Pablo
Starter
Starter

Re: Ingram Kool-Aid?

Postby Life of Pablo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:36 am

While I think Ingram is better and much more proven than Alex Collins... a lot of people were sipping the Collins kool-aid this time last year.
10-team standard, 18-man rosters (plus K/D + 1 IR + 2 TAXI)
1QB | 2RB | 2WR | 1TE | 1FLEX
2021: 8-6, 5th (AP: 76-50 / 60.3%, 3rd) ||| Runner-up
2022: 5-1, 2nd (AP: 47-7 / 87.0%, 1st)

QB: Hurts, Russ, Carr
RB: Chubb, Pierce, Swift, JRob, D'Ernest, Ford
WR: Diggs, Evans, GDavis, Nuk, Keenan, Hollywood, Mooney, CSamuel, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Dulcich, Fant
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2024 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Badkins1121
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Badkins1121 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:58 am

Vcize wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:23 am
Pullo Vision wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:51 am Let's not talk about Ingram.

Let's not focus on Ingram being suspended 4 games last year, and that he got 1124 rush yards in a timeshare the year before. Let's not notice that he's continually improved in the passing game, reaching 58 catches for 416 yards in 2017.

Whatever we do, let's ignore his new team. Baltimore was 2nd in rush yards last year and 1st in rush attempts a game. When Gus Edwards joined Lamar Jackson in the starting lineup week 11, he took 122 carries for 654 yards, good for 5.3 yards per touch.

I seriously think Ingram is a great value for contenders. Run volume, proven pass catching prowess and a potent, run-based offense all got me thinking he could easily be top 12 this year.
Agree with all your points, and that's why I've been buying him everywhere I can in redraft.

But in dynasty it's hard to ignore that he's at that age where a dropoff could come at any moment. He's only 6 months younger than Shady McCoy was entering last year.
That’s true but he also had about half as many touches as McCoy (2,900+ to 1,500+). He doesn’t have as much wear as the normal 29 year old. I think he could be solid this year and maybe next year as well. Think he’s a great guy to have as an RB3/Flex

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:15 am

I think Ingram is in for solid work load this season. The Ravens will be run heavy, and should be pretty effective at it with their solid O-line and the dual threat QB. He should easily get 15+ touches on a weekly basis assuming game script is in his favor, with potential for a few heavy usage games. As well as most the red zone carries and goal line carries, so there's some nice touchdown upside as well.

With that said, he has some red flags to me. One, he will have very little reception usage, which will result in a potentially very low floor on certain games. He'll need the touchdowns to save him quite often. Two, he did have a PED suspension last year, and the Saints did let him go, and replaced him with a similar type RB while he was mulling their offer over.

There's definite risk/reward with him. Reward is 1,000+ yards and double digit touchdowns. Risk is the minimal passing game involvement, Ravens offense flops tremendously, or maybe he falls off the RB age cliff.

Ingram kind of strikes me as a younger Gore though, who might be nowhere close to being finished.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:17 am

I recently traded him in my contract league for 1 year's worth of Tom Brady straight up. Both players were on 1 year deals. I felt better about my RB group than QB group though and his bust potential makes me nervous.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:18 am

It depends on what his asking price is I saw someone mention a 2nd but I haven’t found an owner selling for less than a first which I’m not willing to pay for an rb at that age

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:28 am

Badkins1121 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:58 am
Vcize wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:23 am
Pullo Vision wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:51 am Let's not talk about Ingram.

Let's not focus on Ingram being suspended 4 games last year, and that he got 1124 rush yards in a timeshare the year before. Let's not notice that he's continually improved in the passing game, reaching 58 catches for 416 yards in 2017.

Whatever we do, let's ignore his new team. Baltimore was 2nd in rush yards last year and 1st in rush attempts a game. When Gus Edwards joined Lamar Jackson in the starting lineup week 11, he took 122 carries for 654 yards, good for 5.3 yards per touch.

I seriously think Ingram is a great value for contenders. Run volume, proven pass catching prowess and a potent, run-based offense all got me thinking he could easily be top 12 this year.
Agree with all your points, and that's why I've been buying him everywhere I can in redraft.

But in dynasty it's hard to ignore that he's at that age where a dropoff could come at any moment. He's only 6 months younger than Shady McCoy was entering last year.
That’s true but he also had about half as many touches as McCoy (2,900+ to 1,500+). He doesn’t have as much wear as the normal 29 year old. I think he could be solid this year and maybe next year as well. Think he’s a great guy to have as an RB3/Flex
There is little linking workload with longevity into a RB's 30's.

Guys like Brian Westbrook had little workload and fell off in their late 20's while there are plenty of Emmitt Smith, Curtis Martin, Frank Gore, Adrian Peterson, etc types that kept going well into their 30's despite huge workloads.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:51 am

Jason3123 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:15 am I think Ingram is in for solid work load this season. The Ravens will be run heavy, and should be pretty effective at it with their solid O-line and the dual threat QB. He should easily get 15+ touches on a weekly basis assuming game script is in his favor, with potential for a few heavy usage games. As well as most the red zone carries and goal line carries, so there's some nice touchdown upside as well.

With that said, he has some red flags to me. One, he will have very little reception usage, which will result in a potentially very low floor on certain games. He'll need the touchdowns to save him quite often. Two, he did have a PED suspension last year, and the Saints did let him go, and replaced him with a similar type RB while he was mulling their offer over.

There's definite risk/reward with him. Reward is 1,000+ yards and double digit touchdowns. Risk is the minimal passing game involvement, Ravens offense flops tremendously, or maybe he falls off the RB age cliff.

Ingram kind of strikes me as a younger Gore though, who might be nowhere close to being finished.
What is your explanation for why he wont get much passing work? Unsure how you can make that claim

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:00 am

grandmabetty wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:51 am
Jason3123 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:15 am I think Ingram is in for solid work load this season. The Ravens will be run heavy, and should be pretty effective at it with their solid O-line and the dual threat QB. He should easily get 15+ touches on a weekly basis assuming game script is in his favor, with potential for a few heavy usage games. As well as most the red zone carries and goal line carries, so there's some nice touchdown upside as well.

What is your explanation for why he wont get much passing work? Unsure how you can make that claim
Not to speak for Jason, but running QBs usually run more than they dump-off to RBs, and I don't think Ingram is the sort of talent to demand targets with his play.
Ingram was prolific catching dump-offs in NO, but a trash can on wheels could be fairly prolific catching dump-offs in NO. Ingram is not exactly a dynamic route runner.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:11 am

ColdZealDonkeyStrike wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:00 am Not to speak for Jason, but running QBs usually run more than they dump-off to RBs
Is there any data to this or is just one of those many things in FF that sounds logical but often doesn't play out that way in practice?
  • CMC caught 107 and 80 passes the last two years with a running QB.
  • Marshawn had 40 receptions (and another 20 for Turbin) in Russell Wilson's biggest rushing year.
  • Shady McCoy had 78 receptions in Mike Vick's biggest rushing year in Philly, and Warrick Dunn/Justin Griffith combined for 53 in Vick's biggest rushing year in Atlanta which was back when RB targets as a whole were much lower than now.
  • In Donovan Mcnabb's first year as a starter when he relied a lot more on his legs (700 yards rushing) he completed 118 passes to his RBs.
  • Even Tim Tebow completed 56 passes to RBs (of only 126 completions, good for 44% of his total completions) in his year as a starter in Denver.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

snaps06
Captain
Captain

Postby snaps06 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:20 am

Life of Pablo wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:36 am While I think Ingram is better and much more proven than Alex Collins... a lot of people were sipping the Collins kool-aid this time last year.
Anybody sipping the Collins Kool-Aid was nuts. Ingram has a proven track record and little talented competition behind him.

I'm buying Ingram for a future 2nd all day if I'm a competitive team.

Farley
Captain
Captain

Postby Farley » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:24 am

Jason3123 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:17 am I recently traded him in my contract league for 1 year's worth of Tom Brady straight up. Both players were on 1 year deals. I felt better about my RB group than QB group though and his bust potential makes me nervous.
Unless this is SF, this is a real head-scratcher.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:43 am

^ both on a 1 year contract so it’s a trade of rentals that fills a positional need. Value is still with Ingram but it’s not that off to me
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Farley
Captain
Captain

Postby Farley » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:56 am

jcc6fd wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:43 am ^ both on a 1 year contract so it’s a trade of rentals that fills a positional need. Value is still with Ingram but it’s not that off to me
It's essentially redraft. Where Ingram is going in the late 4th/early 5th. And Brady is going real late.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:58 am

Farley wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:24 am
Jason3123 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:17 am I recently traded him in my contract league for 1 year's worth of Tom Brady straight up. Both players were on 1 year deals. I felt better about my RB group than QB group though and his bust potential makes me nervous.
Unless this is SF, this is a real head-scratcher.
It is superflex.

As for the receiving claim I made, I made that claim because Jackson didn't throw to RB's. Ty Montgomery had a few catches but I don't know how he was being used and he's a different player from Ingram/Edwards. Ingram caught passes in NO because every RB catches passes in New Orleans.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:09 pm

Am I the last Kenneth Dixon believer? I believe he is their most talented RB and I think Baltimore will mix in all their RBs limiting the upside of any one RB.