General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Preseason - Week 1

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:53 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:42 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:37 pm
TimeWillTell wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:29 pm Well, only 13 posts on the forum and seems like someone is out to get Mike!
His utter lack of humility combined with the self aggrandizement is fascinating. You think the number of posts at thus forum means anything in particular?
Not gonna lie, I had to look that up. Aggrandizement? Never heard of it.

I've admitted more than once that I feel very comfortable in my ability to accurately peg RBs. I need work in the WR, QB, TE field. I study as much as I can but my confidence in those positions is no where near my RB confidence and that may never change.

And no, 13 posts means nothing. He was just joshing. You used 2-3 of those posts to come at me, that's what's funny is all.
I’m all about good discussion, and I’m even more all about learning things I didn’t know. There’s no animosity, but I’ll admit that if you do have the track record that you claim with RBs - and I have no reason to doubt that - that I am greatly surprised that you feel the need to spike the football like you have done. I would think the track record would do all that is necessary in speaking for itself.

That drew my attention.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:25 pm

I think ppl in general are way too quick to declare victory or defeat. Many players start hot and fizzle out quickly while others start slow but end their careers strong. Small sample size, injuries, coaching and surrounding talent plays all too big a role unfortunately.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:47 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:35 pm
TimeWillTell wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:29 pmWell, only 13 posts on the forum and seems like someone is out to get Mike!
lol, good point. Happens every year, but not usually by the new guys.

FWIW, I've been very lucky. There's no way I'm going to continue to have the streak I'm having. I'm enjoying it for now, but sooner than later it'll come to a crashing halt. But for now, weeee!
are you saying that henderson will not be a 3 down back? if so, he was never drafted to be that. the rams picked him to complement gurley in the run game.

if he turns out to be like ekeler i'm sure the rams will be thrilled. although i predict he will much more explosive. expect to see many long range tds from this guy.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:21 pm

^ you’re right about what the Rams wanted out of Henderson. The issue is he was being taken as a top 8 rookie because people were too pessimistic about Gurley and thought they were inheriting his heir apparent in a high powered offense.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:39 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:21 pm ^ you’re right about what the Rams wanted out of Henderson. The issue is he was being taken as a top 8 rookie because people were too pessimistic about Gurley and thought they were inheriting his heir apparent in a high powered offense.
Oh yeah because the 7 going in front of him are all guaranteed WR1 and rb1 studs :roll:
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:44 pm

I was actually being generous in saying top 8. His rookie ADP is 6 overall. And I’d be more concerned about the value being passed on to take him that early, not the guys who went before him. Hockerson and AJ Brown come to mind.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:21 am

I have a feeling after the week 2 games we won’t be able to keep quiet about Jalen Hurd anymore. I haven’t seen much talk about him but he made a couple of great catches and nice run after catch for TD.
I did not search this thread too much, so apologies if he has been discussed.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:31 am

azthecrow wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:21 am I have a feeling after the week 2 games we won’t be able to keep quiet about Jalen Hurd anymore. I haven’t seen much talk about him but he made a couple of great catches and nice run after catch for TD.
The problem I have with Jalen Hurd is that I have no idea what he is. He has been mentioned as a TE and WR by the 49ers coaching staff at some point this offseason. I'm afraid he is going to end up a gadget player with no consistent fantasy production (Cordarelle Patterson like) and will be more useful in real life on Sundays than on fantasy rosters.

That's not even mentioning the murkiness that is the 49ers offense.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:34 am

azthecrow wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:21 am I have a feeling after the week 2 games we won’t be able to keep quiet about Jalen Hurd anymore. I haven’t seen much talk about him but he made a couple of great catches and nice run after catch for TD.
I like him and drafted him, but his first TD was on busted coverage. The linebacker thought the safety was picking him up and realized too late that was not the case. The second TD was against Tyvis Powell, who is apparently a recent Texans cast off and he seemed completely overwhelmed on the play.

That said, he’ll be a solid matchup problem given that Kittle will also be on the field, and he’s looked less raw than I expected given his limited experience at the position. I like that the team seems to have a plan for him and would definitely agree that his stock is pointing up at the moment.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:00 am

jenkins.math wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:31 am
The problem I have with Jalen Hurd is that I have no idea what he is. He has been mentioned as a TE and WR by the 49ers coaching staff at some point this offseason. I'm afraid he is going to end up a gadget player with no consistent fantasy production (Cordarelle Patterson like) and will be more useful in real life on Sundays than on fantasy rosters.

I like murky. It keeps him down low on most boards. I don’t know what he is either but I know what I see. A potential beast. I hope he can carve out a consistent role.

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:01 am

azthecrow wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:00 am
jenkins.math wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:31 am

I like murky. It keeps him down low on most boards. I don’t know what he is either but I know what I see. A potential beast. I hope he can carve out a consistent role.

Sorry about that posting mistake. The second-to-last paragraph is my comment. I like murky...

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:50 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:08 pm
Phaded wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:58 pmCoutee down with a not-so-pretty leg injury..
I traded him away because of his inability to be tackled properly. It's a skill that's not refined by many players. Jerry Rice talks about it. Marvin Harrison talks about it. All the greats know how to get tackled.

Keke doesn't. His leg folded so awkwardly. I hate that...
I just saw an interview with Clinton Portis saying Guice needs to learn how to go down properly. As a RB guy, curious what you think of that.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:33 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:50 pm
dlf_mikeh wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:08 pm
Phaded wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:58 pmCoutee down with a not-so-pretty leg injury..
I traded him away because of his inability to be tackled properly. It's a skill that's not refined by many players. Jerry Rice talks about it. Marvin Harrison talks about it. All the greats know how to get tackled.

Keke doesn't. His leg folded so awkwardly. I hate that...
I just saw an interview with Clinton Portis saying Guice needs to learn how to go down properly. As a RB guy, curious what you think of that.
Oooo pooortis.