Antonio Callaway

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Antonio Callaway

Postby Lumps » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:55 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Don't get me wrong. I'm a Higgins truther, and I think if he shows enough this season that might be enough for CLE to show Landry the door next offseason for Cap reasons.
This might be the best possible thing for Callaway.

Imagine the OBJ drama - getting traded to Cleveland, he was already meh about it, but his best buddy Landry is there....then they kick him out the door. :lol:

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:38 am

Phaded wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:17 am Exceedingly talented in an explosive offense but two very talented guys in front of him.

I see three possible answers:
a) Is barely startable, except in best ball or insanely deep leagues
b) The Browns WR trio mimics the Rams WR trio
c) An injury happens and then his production skyrockets

The good thing is that he is a deep threat and could see some long TDs.

That said; I would not be shocked if they regularly run 3 WR sets with OBJ & Callaway outside and Landry in the slot.
Higgins getting a lot of good buzz as potentially the WR3.

I like Callaway a lot though. If he sticks to the jugs machine and away from the weed he'll have a good career. Might take a bit of time i.e. if they let Landry walk whenever his contract is up.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:52 am

While I like Higgins; I have a hard time envisioning him holding off/surpassing Callaway throughout the season.

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:01 am

ninotoreS wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:46 pm
IZigUZag wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:15 pm
ninotoreS wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:32 pm I'm projecting Higgins to win the #3 WR job over Callaway and others. Baker has developed sneaky rapport with Higgins, and I'm surprised that seems to be going under the radar, because it's all over the tape.
Rishard Higgins 88% dominator, 92% breakout age.... 0 athleticism.... hyppeeeeee :thumbup:
Has Jeff Janis' 98th percentile athleticism gotten him a job this offseason?

Bottom line, Higgins has been with the 1s all OTAs and minicamp.

https://twitter.com/clevezirm/status/11 ... 7378511872
https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/1133830637876592645
https://twitter.com/dan_labbe/status/11 ... 9812543489
https://twitter.com/dan_labbe/status/11 ... 4852574214 (local Browns reporter)
Indeed this is a tough one to predict. If all 4 are healthy, we could certainly see Callaway and Higgins with some sort of split in 3 WR sets. One to four, man this team has nice weapons at WR. Things are looking up for Baker for sure.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Xavier Hutchinson
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:35 pm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... rds-10-tds

Callaway has set some high goals for himself this season as a way to push himself.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Flgatorguy87
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flgatorguy87 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:36 am

Higgins has sneaky value now. He's also coming up as a FA. They will run a lot of 3 WR sets and Calloway is an idiot.
SF PPR 30 man roster 5 taxi 2 IR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 2TE, 2FLEX , Superflex

A. Rodgers, J. Goff, D. Lock, Ta. Hill

O. Beckham, Antonio Brown, M. Evans, A. Robinson, S. Diggs, C. Sutton, T. Boyd, Jakobi Meyers, S. Sims Jr., Darius Slayton

S. Barkley, Da. Cook, Cam Akers, JK Dobbins, R. Penny, Ronald Jones, W. Gallman, Duke Johnson, AJ Dillon, Darrynton Evans, DeeJay Dallas, L. Perine

G. Kittle, M. Andrews, H. Hurst

Taxi: R. Armstead, Joe Reed, L. Bowden Jr., I. Coulter, Scotty Miller

2021 - 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 5th

Big Al
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Big Al » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:50 am

Especially with this news, Higgins gets added value.

NFL suspended Browns WR Antonio Callaway four games for violating the league's substance abuse policy.
Per NFL Network's Mike Garafolo, the ban stems from an incident last year when Callaway was cited for marijuana possession and driving with a suspended license. "I take full responsibility for my actions," said Callaway in a statement released shortly after the suspension was announced. "I know there's nothing I can say to regain trust; it will be about my actions." Callaway has been running with the backups at Browns training camp, likely in anticipation of his ban. The league upheld Callaway's suspension upon appeal, meaning we won't see the second-year wideout on the field until the Browns travel to San Francisco for Monday Night Football in Week 5. Callaway's absence should afford Rashard Higgins more snaps opposite Odell Beckham with Jarvis Landry operating as the Browns' primary slot receiver.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Aug 9, 2019, 2:25 PM ET

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:21 pm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... four-games

This does not stems from his actions prior to his rookie season - the drug charges were actually dropped but when you add in the diluted sample from the Combine that and the unrelated incident/violation may be the cause of the 4 game suspension - obviously it remains a major red flag since any further transgressions could be major but at the same time this is not a new transgression, just a suspension from a past one (that occurred last year).
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:24 am

Ugh high ankle sprain. I have him in one league on a stacked team with amazing depth and I need to drop one player. He’s making that decision pretty easy if I cant find a roster clearing trade before the draft.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:22 am

Huh wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:24 am Ugh high ankle sprain. I have him in one league on a stacked team with amazing depth and I need to drop one player. He’s making that decision pretty easy if I cant find a roster clearing trade before the draft.
Yeah. I don't expect him to be in the league for long. He clearly hasn't learned or matured.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:31 am

At first I thought it was said that this was due to the incident last August. But then there was an update and this suspension is from a completely separate incident. So I'm done. I dropped him in both places I had him stashed. Someone else can have the headache. At least with someone like Josh Gordon, we know how good he is on the field. All Callaway is, is potential. And I dont think we will ever see that potential.

HereForTheComments
Captain
Captain

Postby HereForTheComments » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:08 pm

Bot101 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:31 am At first I thought it was said that this was due to the incident last August. But then there was an update and this suspension is from a completely separate incident. So I'm done. I dropped him in both places I had him stashed. Someone else can have the headache. At least with someone like Josh Gordon, we know how good he is on the field. All Callaway is, is potential. And I dont think we will ever see that potential.
I'm very close to doing the same
Team 1: 10th Year: 10 Team, PPR
2014: 3rd, 2015: 2nd, 2016: League Champion, 2017: 7th, 2018: 3rd, 2019: 5th, 2020: League Champion, 2021: 4th, 2022: 5th

QB: Aaron Rodgers Matthew Stafford, Brock Purdy
RB: Tony Pollard, Cam Akers, Ezekiel Elliott, Javonte Williams, Kyren Williams, Chuba Hubbard
WR: CeeDee Lamb, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Allen Lazard , Michael Gallup, Donavan Peoples-Jones, Tyler Boyd, Romeo Doubs, Corey Davis, Marvin Jones, VDS
TE: Dalton Shultz, Mike Gesicki

2019 picks: 1.1, 2.3, 3.5
2024 picks:
Round 1: (1)
Round 2: (1)
Round 3: (1)

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:17 pm

The star studded depth chart ahead of him was the reason I lost interest in him. Even if the Browns decided to walk away from one of Beckham/Landry, I don't see that happening for at least another year.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:13 pm

Anybody like Callaway going forward? As good a dart throw as any, definitely curious to see what he does, if anything, as the likely 3rd banana in The Land.

Baker's off to a rough start, but I feel like they might get that passing game going late in the year.

Hey if Darren freaking Waller can become an X-pot-fiend-turned-stud, why can't this guy? :wink:
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:28 pm

DLF3000 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:13 pm Anybody like Callaway going forward? As good a dart throw as any, definitely curious to see what he does, if anything, as the likely 3rd banana in The Land.

Baker's off to a rough start, but I feel like they might get that passing game going late in the year.

Hey if Darren freaking Waller can become an X-pot-fiend-turned-stud, why can't this guy? :wink:
I still like him. Obviously a he's a moron, but he's only 22 and is dumb cheap for his ceiling.
He's shown he's got the wheels to threaten teams over the top, and that was pre-beckham days.
He's going to get a ton of chances for 1 v 1s, and he undoubtedly has the talent to win in those positions.
Higgins did virtually nothing. and Landry can be cut after this year or any of the next three for pennies. Even if Landry's not cut and his contract runs to conclusion (he'd be age 30), Callaway will be only 25 when Landry's contract expires.
Combine that with the fact Baker will progress (probably) in the next few seasons coinciding with this timeline, and it's a great time to get in.