Preseason - Week 1

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Preseason - Week 1

Postby jcc6fd » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:43 am

Phaded wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:21 am Reading into any running back performance in the preseason is a poor idea, regardless of who it is. They are running in a vanilla scheme behind what will not even be the starting line.

Criticizing Henderson but ignoring that a guy like Sanders had an even worse performance is hilariously hypocritical.

Remember when this place hopped all over Ameer Abdullah because he performed well in the preseason?

You would think the lesson would be learned by now.
I came here to mention Abdullah. Obviously playing well in the preseason is better than not, but agree that you can’t read much into it. Good time for patient owners to capitalize on hype or premature disappointment
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:00 am

What we know for sure.

Darrell Henderson. 8 yards on 7 touches. Bust
Miles Sanders 3 carries for 3 yards -Super Bust
Jacoby Meyers 6 catches, 2 TD's. Stud
Daniel Jones>Kyler Murray.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:06 am

themburns wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:47 amI hear your opinion on Henderson. You had him outside your top 10 backs in this rookie class, behind the likes of Karan Higdon, Miles Gaskin, and Alex Barnes. You might be right; who can say at this point. This kind of argument betrays your agenda though.
I go through the same thing every season. I ranked RoJo & Penny well below average last year. I talked about how bad RoJo & Penny looked in the preseason and people got on my case. Penny wasn't used correctly, still isn't being used correctly.

DH also isn't being used correctly. He's not a lack of talent guy like RoJo is, but he's definitely not a 3 down back. I think this past game's usage of DH was done on purpose. I hope to see him used correctly more often these next few weeks. He's not a bust, he's just not a 3 down back.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:00 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:06 am
themburns wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:47 amI hear your opinion on Henderson. You had him outside your top 10 backs in this rookie class, behind the likes of Karan Higdon, Miles Gaskin, and Alex Barnes. You might be right; who can say at this point. This kind of argument betrays your agenda though.
I go through the same thing every season. I ranked RoJo & Penny well below average last year. I talked about how bad RoJo & Penny looked in the preseason and people got on my case. Penny wasn't used correctly, still isn't being used correctly.

DH also isn't being used correctly. He's not a lack of talent guy like RoJo is, but he's definitely not a 3 down back. I think this past game's usage of DH was done on purpose. I hope to see him used correctly more often these next few weeks. He's not a bust, he's just not a 3 down back.
This is just an informal question, in the past who have you been wrong about,

Meaning who did you think was going to be good and was bad, and who did you think was going to be bad ended up being good?
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:34 pm

joeya2001 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:00 amThis is just an informal question, in the past who have you been wrong about,

Meaning who did you think was going to be good and was bad, and who did you think was going to be bad ended up being good?
A user on this forum already did that research for me. Supposedly Paul Perkins in 2016 was my last bad call, mostly because I was basing it on stats alone, not film. viewtopic.php?p=1625191#p1625191

I'm sure I was wrong about others between then and now.

I've been following RBs very closely in mini camp and training camp. Not one peep good or bad about Henderson, tons of great things being said daily about Sanders. This is why the 3 carries for 3 yards doesn't bother me, but DH failing to run up the middle or make positive yards of a blown play does bother me because that's exactly what I saw in college game after game. He's best utilized in sweeps, tosses, and the passing game. If the Rams continue to run him up the middle, everyone will be disappointed.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:03 pm

I was never chomping at the bit to get Henderson, but seriously go watch that game. He got hit at or behind the LoS repeatedly. As stated above, the Rams shouldnt be trying to run him up the gut. He isnt that type of player. He definitely gets a pass for that. Same with Sanders. TEN has a brutally good run defense (anyone who had Saquon week 15 last season knows this) and none of the starting Oline for Philly was in the game. So everyone should just chill.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:13 pm

Bot101 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:03 pmI was never chomping at the bit to get Henderson, but seriously go watch that game. He got hit at or behind the LoS repeatedly.
Yes sir I believe I said that.
As stated above, the Rams shouldnt be trying to run him up the gut. He isnt that type of player. He definitely gets a pass for that.
Maybe we disagree here? If you can't run up the middle, you aren't a 3 down back. You are not capable of being a top 20 guy unless there's tons of passing involved and it's a ppr league (Cohen/White). We agree that he isn't that type of player, so we also agree that he's being over-drafted?

I'd rather own Devin Singletary than Darrell Henderson. What say you Mr Bot?
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:44 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:13 pm
Bot101 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:03 pmI was never chomping at the bit to get Henderson, but seriously go watch that game. He got hit at or behind the LoS repeatedly.
Yes sir I believe I said that.
As stated above, the Rams shouldnt be trying to run him up the gut. He isnt that type of player. He definitely gets a pass for that.
Maybe we disagree here? If you can't run up the middle, you aren't a 3 down back. You are not capable of being a top 20 guy unless there's tons of passing involved and it's a ppr league (Cohen/White). We agree that he isn't that type of player, so we also agree that he's being over-drafted?

I'd rather own Devin Singletary than Darrell Henderson. What say you Mr Bot?
Maybe I went too far. I think he can run between the tackles, but thats not where his strength lies. It was like watching how the Cards used DJ last season. DJ is such an explosive player with exceptional pass catching ability but the Cards just ran him off center non stop.
I absolutely agree that Henderson is being over drafted. Ive read people saying he went as high as 1.02 in some rookie drafts. Woof.

Henderson vs Singletary? Yeah I cant go that far. I dont like Singletary. I like my RBs to be athletic, especially if they are small. And he is the opposite of athletic. In my home league I took Sanders, Justice Hill, and Darwin Thompson and left Singletary on the board.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:23 pm

Bot101 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:44 pmI dont like Singletary. I like my RBs to be athletic, especially if they are small. And he is the opposite of athletic.
Oh we disagree here. Devin is saddened to hear you say that. Here's a few clips of my non-athletic RB.

Run ahead at full speed, stop and juke 3 defenders covering him at all angles. Was he ever even touched?

How about this non-athletic juke?

I wish I could slow this one down. He stutter-steps while juking to the inside. I don't know if I've ever seen that before. If you could see this in slow motion, it's ridiculous.

I wonder what your definition of "athletic" is. :P

I could probably do this all day. It's not hard to find amazingly ATHLETIC plays by this kid.

Actually this is kind of fun! And I'm only 2 minutes into a 12 minute highlight video.

OK I'll stop :P
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:25 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:34 pm
joeya2001 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:00 amThis is just an informal question, in the past who have you been wrong about,

A user on this forum already did that research for me. Supposedly Paul Perkins in 2016 was my last bad call, mostly because I was basing it on stats alone, not film. viewtopic.php?p=1625191#p1625191

I'm sure I was wrong about others between then and now.

I've been following RBs very closely in mini camp and training camp. Not one peep good or bad about Henderson, tons of great things being said daily about Sanders. This is why the 3 carries for 3 yards doesn't bother me, but DH failing to run up the middle or make positive yards of a blown play does bother me because that's exactly what I saw in college game after game. He's best utilized in sweeps, tosses, and the passing game. If the Rams continue to run him up the middle, everyone will be disappointed.
Quoting this so it may jog your memory when someone asks the question next year about your being wrong about a player.

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:29 pm

Well, only 13 posts on the forum and seems like someone is out to get Mike!
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:35 pm

TimeWillTell wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:29 pmWell, only 13 posts on the forum and seems like someone is out to get Mike!
lol, good point. Happens every year, but not usually by the new guys.

FWIW, I've been very lucky. There's no way I'm going to continue to have the streak I'm having. I'm enjoying it for now, but sooner than later it'll come to a crashing halt. But for now, weeee!
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:37 pm

TimeWillTell wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:29 pm Well, only 13 posts on the forum and seems like someone is out to get Mike!
His utter lack of humility combined with the self aggrandizement is fascinating. You think the number of posts at this forum means anything in particular?
Last edited by Bronco Billy on Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:42 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:37 pm
TimeWillTell wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:29 pm Well, only 13 posts on the forum and seems like someone is out to get Mike!
His utter lack of humility combined with the self aggrandizement is fascinating. You think the number of posts at thus forum means anything in particular?
Not gonna lie, I had to look that up. Aggrandizement? Never heard of it.

I've admitted more than once that I feel very comfortable in my ability to accurately peg RBs. I need work in the WR, QB, TE field. I study as much as I can but my confidence in those positions is no where near my RB confidence and that may never change.

And no, 13 posts means nothing. He was just joshing. You used 2-3 of those posts to come at me, that's what's funny is all.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:48 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:37 pm
His utter lack of humility combined with the self aggrandizement is fascinating. You think the number of posts at this forum means anything in particular?
Plenty of people here disagree strongly with Mike all the time. My comment as that you haven't been here long (maybe longtime lurker?) and already you had obviously developed a negative opinion. Post count of 13 with 2 posted directed at him back to back.
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03