RBBC in Kansas City

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: RBBC in Kansas City

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:40 pm

Was Williams the one who gave the Hunt tape to TMZ? That's the only way he could have "earned" the starting role.

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:41 pm

sugbear65 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:44 pm
joeya2001 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:14 pm RBBC

Really Big Black....
I think you came to the wrong kind of fantasy forum.
Idk man. There's a dude who isnt afraid to have sex in front of his mother in law on here. Maybe this is the right place?
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

FantasyDumDum
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyDumDum » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:44 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:40 pm Was Williams the one who gave the Hunt tape to TMZ? That's the only way he could have "earned" the starting role.
You guys now turn to semantic arguments.

In the bigger picture, how do you think he has ended up as the starter in JC, at OU, in Miami, and in KC? Is he a chess player that wandered onto each one of those fields and they just handed him the job?

And do you doubt he is the starter now, despite that being his current spot on the depth chart, and the assurances of his HC, OC, RB coach, and GM that he is?
10 team, .5ppr, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: CMC, D Williams, Drake, Guice, Penny, RoJo, Breida, I Smith, Edmonds
WR: AB, ARob, Ridley, Jeffery, Shepard, Pettis, Miller, Washington, MVS, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Herndon, Andrews

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:45 pm

TheNuts wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:41 pm
sugbear65 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:44 pm
joeya2001 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:14 pm RBBC

Really Big Black....
I think you came to the wrong kind of fantasy forum.
Idk man. There's a dude who isnt afraid to have sex in front of his mother in law on here. Maybe this is the right place?
wait what? wtf? explain please lol
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:45 pm

Williams is a JAG. Everyone has looked successful in KC - Ware, West, Hunt, Williams, even Charles and Holmes before that. Good spot for a RB, I’m interested to see what Hyde can bring he is a much better talent than Williams, who is a special teams guy.

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:47 pm

FantasyDumDum wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:44 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:40 pm Was Williams the one who gave the Hunt tape to TMZ? That's the only way he could have "earned" the starting role.

In the bigger picture, how do you think he has ended up as the starter in JC, at OU, in Miami, and in KC? Is he a chess player that wandered onto each one of those fields and they just handed him the job?

And do you doubt he is the starter now, despite that being his current spot on the depth chart, and the assurances of his HC, OC, RB coach, and GM that he is?
way to just skate around my question. i digress. you are free to have your opinion even if its imo delusional and i think you are still kidding yourself or desperately trying to trade him and others in your league are on this site.

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:50 pm

thebeast wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:45 pm Williams is a JAG. Everyone has looked successful in KC - Ware, West, Hunt, Williams, even Charles and Holmes before that. Good spot for a RB, I’m interested to see what Hyde can bring he is a much better talent than Williams, who is a special teams guy.
Thats literally what Williams was doing before Hunt and Ware all fell off. And he will go back to that role at some point.

FantasyDumDum
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyDumDum » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:51 pm

knotts4372 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:47 pm

way to just skate around my question. i digress. you are free to have your opinion even if its imo delusional and i think you are still kidding yourself or desperately trying to trade him and others in your league are on this site.
You want me to answer if Williams gave the Hunt video to TMZ? Sigh

Well you haven’t made any sort of valid point in support of anything on the Damien Williams subject. You’ve basically come in this thread, spat invectives specifically at me, and then proceeded to argue that it’s your opinion or my opinion with ZERO to back up anything you say.

I’ll say, charitably, it seems your purpose here is to distract and detract from this thread. I think it is pretty clear why your previous avatar was whatvit was. Loud and clear.

WR: AB, ARob, Ridley, Jeffery, Shepard, Pettis, Miller, Washington, MVS, Callaway

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

Badkins1121
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Badkins1121 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:52 pm

He won’t trade him unless he gets 2+ 1sts. He turned down Aaron Jones and a 2nd

FantasyDumDum
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyDumDum » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:57 pm

Badkins1121 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:52 pm

He won’t trade him unless he gets 2+ 1sts. He turned down Aaron Jones and a 2nd
These ad hominems just make you look worse. Try arguing facts.

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:03 pm

FantasyDumDum wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:51 pm

You want me to answer if Williams gave the Hunt video to TMZ? Sigh

Well you haven’t made any sort of valid point in support of anything on the Damien Williams subject. You’ve basically come in this thread, spat invectives specifically at me, and then proceeded to argue that it’s your opinion or my opinion with ZERO to back up anything you say.

I’ll say, charitably, it seems your purpose here is to distract and detract from this thread. I think it is pretty clear why your previous avatar was whatvit was. Loud and clear.
lmao i havent "spat invectives" (i had to look up what it meant i wont lie) at you at all. i disagree with your opinion and said i thought you were delusional whic i guess you can be insulted by but i would hope you werent that thin skinned on a public forum. i have backed up my opinion with facts multiple times which you have chosen to ignore and have no yet responded to.

as an aside, i do got a nice case of the giggles every time you use these big words that ppl just dont normally use in what seems like an effort to make yourself and your opinion to be greater than others. like seriously who talks that way. i fully admit imma dumb country boy so maybe im wrong in this regard and ppl do actually speak that way?

in the end tho, i fully acknowledge that i could be totally wrong here. just imo i dont think i will be in the end

@donnynutz on twitter

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:29 pm

Why are some of you still arguing with this guy? It's a dead end.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:12 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:29 pm Why are some of you still arguing with this guy? It's a dead end.
Exactly!

His man love knows no bounds! But hey his points per touch are awesome over a substandard long career as a back up!
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:33 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:29 pm Why are some of you still arguing with this guy? It's a dead end.
We shouldn't pretend the other side of the argument is being logical either. I've read everything from "Oh, the other teams weren't planning for Williams, that's why he did well" to "He had fresh legs and nobody else did!"

Multiple things can be true. Williams could be an RB1 this season and still not be the long-term answer for the backfield. He was never expected to be the every down RB, which makes this news irrelevant. He is expected to get the most use of anyone in that backfield and the coaches have said this for months. I don't know how that part is still up for debate. This offseason was always the dream scenario for Williams and multiple people admitted that before it happened. Now that it came to fruition, it's still not good enough. Go figure.

3 years from now Williams won't be worth much, but nobody's argued otherwise. He's a win now piece that cost the majority of people nothing. So, if they don't get anything for him in a trade, who cares? People are still holding players that have cost significantly more and are nearly worthless. If they end up increasing their chances of winning a league this year because of him, then that's all that matters. Otherwise, just be thankful he helped you win last year.

Overall, this stuff happens each year: Risks on short-term answers who lit it up the season before, who also have questionable long-term value. It's why dynasty is tough.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:00 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:33 amMultiple things can be true. Williams could be an RB1 this season and still not be the long-term answer for the backfield. He was never expected to be the every down RB, which makes this news irrelevant. He is expected to get the most use of anyone in that backfield and the coaches have said this for months. I don't know how that part is still up for debate. This offseason was always the dream scenario for Williams and multiple people admitted that before it happened. Now that it came to fruition, it's still not good enough. Go figure.
I agree strongly. Even in a committee or platoon, Williams' efficiency can make him very startable this year. He may not be a top 5 RB, but if his worst case scenario is low end RB2, still very useful.

My concern is this possibility that Reid tends to prefer lead or bellcow backs. If for real true, that drops Williams' floor this year quite a bit. As the primary back of a committee, I'd expect enough touches to be consistently startable. However, if Reid picks one RB and that isn't Williams, his snap count could go from 60% to 30% easily.

If he became one of the lesser parts of an RB corps, his already-low long term floor (easily replaced by a rookie next year) would be combined with a low this-year floor.

But if Reid is being truthful, Reid's talk of preferring a committee this year is good news for Williams- it solidifies his floor this year, even if it pushes his potential ceiling down.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def