Re: Preseason - Week 1

Postby Phaded » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:18 pm

Kyler looks pretty good.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:19 pm

Listening to the Cardinals feed is painful.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:22 pm

Flutie-size.
@PlankMelody

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:23 pm

Big screen play for Penny. He looks slimmer this year.

Vendetta
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Vendetta » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:37 pm

Liking what I'm seeing from Penny. Too bad Geno Smith is hot garbage and isn't keeping the offense on the field long enough to get an extended look.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:02 pm

Besides Baker I think most of my team have looked average, just have to remind myself this is preseason.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:15 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:18 pm Kyler looks pretty good.
They did exactly what they should. Quick hitting passes to get him some reps. 6.28 YPA. My grandmother could have made those throws. Really not going to know much about Kyler and the Cards until the regular season starts, when they open up their playbook and so do defences.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:43 pm

Reminding myself not to read too much into preseason, but from what I watched, the following guys really impressed me:
  • Kyler Murray looks legit. The whole thing in AZ looks legit.
    Mike Williams/Hunter Henry/Justin Jackson (this offense will be good with or without Gordon)
    Preston Williams stole the show in MIA, but all the RBs look good. Ballage/Drake/Walton/Gaskin could be a solid group
    Lamar Jackson was great against the Jags' second and third string guys.
    Liked what I saw out of Dexter Williams. Thought I saw a stat at the end saying he averaged 2.5 YPC, but I could swear he was churning out gains. The other GB runners did poorly though.
    Ryan Tannehill looked good. He looked Mariota good.
    Daniel Jones was unexpectedly sharp, but hey Eli did complete his only pass attempt.
    Dwayne Haskins appeared frantic and not ready. He needs to sit for awhile.
T.J. Hockenson didn't play, and he's the guy I was most excited about watching. Bummer.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:56 pm

Blueboy wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:43 pm Reminding myself not to read too much into preseason, but from what I watched, the following guys really impressed me:
    Mike Williams/Hunter Henry/Justin Jackson (this offense will be good with or without Gordon)
    Preston Williams stole the show in MIA, but all the RBs look good. Ballage/Drake/Walton/Gaskin could be a solid group
    Liked what I saw out of Dexter Williams. Thought I saw a stat at the end saying he averaged 2.5 YPC, but I could swear he was churning out gains. The other GB runners did poorly though.
    Daniel Jones was unexpectedly sharp, but hey Eli did complete his only pass attempt.
T.J. Hockenson didn't play, and he's the guy I was most excited about watching. Bummer.
Dexter was 14 carries for 62 yards. 4.4 ypc.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:01 pm

Blueboy wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:43 pm Reminding myself not to read too much into preseason, but from what I watched, the following guys really impressed me:

The Arizona thing/Kyler thing. One drive that ended in a punt. That's a bit of an over reaction. Neither offences or defences (Chargers) are showing much. Murray dinked and dunked. Nothing happened.

Agreed with Haskins. He needs to sit for a while.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:39 pm

Montgomery looked good. Showed vision, patience, and confirmed he's not fast. LOL. I think he'll be a good solid RB2 for a few years at least.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:00 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:15 pm
They did exactly what they should. Quick hitting passes to get him some reps. 6.28 YPA. My grandmother could have made those throws. Really not going to know much about Kyler and the Cards until the regular season starts, when they open up their playbook and so do defences.

...are you really referring to YPA in the preseason?
Preseason is about how players look, not the stats. He looked poised, threw perfect spirals with perfect accuracy (even on the run) and went through his progressions.

His only incompletion came because KeeSean stepped out of bounds and came back in.

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:29 am

Phaded wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:00 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:15 pm

...are you really referring to YPA in the preseason?
Preseason is about how players look, not the stats. He looked poised, threw perfect spirals with perfect accuracy (even on the run) and went through his progressions.

His only incompletion came because KeeSean stepped out of bounds and came back in.
I concur. He checked a few boxes for me. I don’t have him on any teams right now but I have been fishing. Get him if you can.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:30 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:20 pm Harry with 2 nice grabs, but he looks like he'll be wearing coverage a lot. Really doesn't look like he can get open.
Im not worried about that, they knew he had troubles getting open tho, thats not his game, and its a definite area of weakness. His game, and what they drafted him for, is what he did last night, and he did it very well. If he can work on his game to get even slightly open he will be a really good WR. I think even post Brady. A rookie QB who isnt quite as accurate can just chuck those 50/50 balls up to him with trust. With that said he will only be a Second ballot HOFer after the real stud on the team Jakobi Meyers gets in on the first ballot.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:36 am

So that Browns player that returned the punt for a TD, was the same one that bluffed his way to a tryout without an invite and then ran a 4.38 40 before anyone realized so they let him stay and invited him to the next round.

Rooting for him to make practice squad now. Maybe Browns have enough WR depth they're ok with their wr7 being just a return man?
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol