2019 NFL Training Camp Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Re: 2019 NFL Training Camp Thread

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:42 am

I think it is much more doable for Wims to usurp Gabriel with the 1s on the outside in 3-wide sets. The way Nagy seems to want to use Gabriel in his offense doesn't appear to be working, judging from last year's performance. Nagy wanted Gabriel to be a low DoT run after catch guy on the outside, and he mostly couldn't do it. Nor could he could connect deep with Trub reliably, which to be fair might have more to do with Trub than Gabriel.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:39 am

For what it's worth, the Bears also seem to like Riley Ridley.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:54 am

That note about Kupp is good to hear. Seems like a lot of the injured guys from last season are good to go. Fuller, Jimmy G, Henry... Even E. Sanders who I thought was a Longshot to start the season

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:17 am

Seen a few comments over the past 24 hours praising Darwin Thompson. Seems he's making the most of Damien Williams' absence (hamstring injury) and could push Hyde off the roster.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:51 am

ninotoreS wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:42 am I think it is much more doable for Wims to usurp Gabriel with the 1s on the outside in 3-wide sets. The way Nagy seems to want to use Gabriel in his offense doesn't appear to be working, judging from last year's performance. Nagy wanted Gabriel to be a low DoT run after catch guy on the outside, and he mostly couldn't do it. Nor could he could connect deep with Trub reliably, which to be fair might have more to do with Trub than Gabriel.
I just traded the Panthers DST for a 2020 5th round pick. And with the open spot...picked up Wims. Why not I suppose!
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:11 pm

Lord_Varys wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:00 am
Phaded wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:52 am Anyone actually buying into the Jordan Reed hype?
Anything to see?
I can't find the tweet but I read that this is the first season in the last 4 that Reed isn't recovering from an injury or surgery or something during camp.
Yet. Reed will get hurt lol, it's mostly a matter of when rather than if at this point. On a contending roster, I'd pay an early 3rd, maybe a late 2nd to gamble on him, but that's about it.

jimmycricket14 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:31 am I have been pondering something that is probably absolute heresy: Is there any possibility that Javon Wims could take the starting role from Anthony Miller?
Doubtful barring injury. Wims is interesting, but Robinson, Miller, and Gabriel are clearly ahead of him right now.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:22 pm

Blueboy wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:39 am For what it's worth, the Bears also seem to like Riley Ridley.
He's been sidelined for over a week, iirc. Had trouble staying on the field in college, too. I'm projecting him for under 20 receptions in '19.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:27 pm

Phaded wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:48 pm In a 10-team league, hard to like any of those guys if I am being honest.

In other news:
In team periods, Harris and Phillip Dorsett are taking the first snaps virtually regardless of the personnel grouping. Harry and Braxton Berrios have generally been next in line.
Harris & Dorsett working as the 1s with Edelman gone is certainly interesting.
Been thinking about this and not sure it’s that interesting. Read on twitter (from Zack Cox local beat writer) that the Pats are splitting their receivers between outside and slot during camp. Edelman is out, so Harris is filling in as the next slot guy up and Berrios behind him. Harry is grouped with the outside receivers which would suggest that he’s behind Dorsett, but I would assume he’ll be in on three wide while Harris plays more the Amendola role from years past once Edelman is back. I guess Harry being behind Dorsett is still news, but not quite the same level as it would were he behind Harris and Dorsett.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:08 pm

Harris has been the most hyped up WR in Patriots camp though and is basically getting daily rave reviews. Could be something to see here as it would be far from the first time the Pats got something great out of a WR who wasn't thought to be much.

I picked him up in one league since he was on waivers.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:30 pm

Phaded wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:08 pm Harris has been the most hyped up WR in Patriots camp though and is basically getting daily rave reviews. Could be something to see here as it would be far from the first time the Pats got something great out of a WR who wasn't thought to be much.

i owned him so i paid attention to him on washington last year and he just seemed like a total jag, unless he's done some new steroids or something this offseason.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:59 pm

kmbryant09 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:17 am Seen a few comments over the past 24 hours praising Darwin Thompson. Seems he's making the most of Damien Williams' absence (hamstring injury) and could push Hyde off the roster.
Needs to be owned everywhere. I love this dude and I think he's going to fit in perfectly for what Reid wants to do.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:13 pm

Trent Taylor is having a great camp so far. Unlike Pettis, who started slow and has only gotten into his groove the last few days, Taylor has been hot from day one in camp. Kiiiiinda feeling some 'Tyler Boyd at this same time last year' deja vu. Taylor was a low-key production analytics stud coming out of college.

I'm mulling the notion Taylor could out-produce Deebo this season. I wonder if people are expecting too much from a rookie that has had injury issues in three of his past four seasons of football.

But I'm hesitant to plant a Taylor hype flag because Shanahan prizes versatility with his WRs, and Taylor really shouldn't be anywhere but the slot. So even if he's the best pure slot on the chart, it may not be rewarded in SF because Shanahan would still prefer three other WRs out there that can be anywhere in the formation on any down.
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

FuzzySignificance
Starter
Starter

Postby FuzzySignificance » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:24 pm

Phaded wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:08 pm Harris has been the most hyped up WR in Patriots camp though and is basically getting daily rave reviews. Could be something to see here as it would be far from the first time the Pats got something great out of a WR who wasn't thought to be much.

getting surpassed on the hype train by jakobi myers lately
12 team ppr, 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 2 flex
QB: Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Le'Veon Bell, Kerryon Johnson, Peyton Barber, Ronald Jones, Darwin Thompson
WR: Amari Cooper, Adam Thielen, Antonio Brown, Will Fuller, DeDe Westbrook, Robby Anderson, Marquise Goodwin, Justin Watson, Albert Wilson, Greg Dortch
TE: Travis Kelce, Vance McDonald, Kyle Rudolph, Delanie Walker, Ian Thomas, Gerald Everett

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:24 pm

Jakobi Meyers as well. Apparently outplaying Harry.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:53 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:24 pm

Jakobi Meyers as well. Apparently outplaying Harry.
Wasn’t Harry profiled as a slot guy? I thought that was the big sell with him in NE. Maybe he’s just not cut out for a role on the outside.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker