2019 NFL Training Camp Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Re: 2019 NFL Training Camp Thread

Postby Servo » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:18 am

- Parris Campbell out with a hammy injury, could be an opportunity for UDFA guys like Penny Hart or Ashton Dulin.

- Skins have signed 3 OL within the last week, 2OT and 1OG. Ereck Flowers must have them shook lol

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:52 am

Anyone actually buying into the Jordan Reed hype?
Anything to see?

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:54 am

Phaded wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:52 am Anyone actually buying into the Jordan Reed hype?
Anything to see?
I'm taking the "fool me once shame on you, fool me 6 times shame on me" approach
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:29 am

Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams both out of today's practice. Dexter Williams could get some work with the first team.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:16 am

Phaded wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:52 am Anyone actually buying into the Jordan Reed hype?
Anything to see?
If he is on the field I would think he would be the best pass catcher on that roster. The problem is I have zero faith he will be there for all 16 and that offense and QB situation is less than ideal. Worth a flier for depth to a contender but that's about it for me.

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:37 am

Servo wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:18 am - Parris Campbell out with a hammy injury, could be an opportunity for UDFA guys like Penny Hart or Ashton Dulin.

- Skins have signed 3 OL within the last week, 2OT and 1OG. Ereck Flowers must have them shook lol
The organization is so high on Campbell that his status will not take any kind of hit to those guys unless of a serious injury.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:49 am

jenkins.math wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:16 am
Anything to see?
If he is on the field I would think he would be the best pass catcher on that roster. The problem is I have zero faith he will be there for all 16 and that offense and QB situation is less than ideal. Worth a flier for depth to a contender but that's about it for me.
Agree on the standard Reed health issues, but isn't this part an argument *for* Reed? Checkdowns are a TE's best friend.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:36 pm

Blueboy wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:29 am Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams both out of today's practice. Dexter Williams could get some work with the first team.
Handcuffing sucks half the time, but glad I did!
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:59 pm

pvillebiker wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:49 am
jenkins.math wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:16 am
Anything to see?
Agree on the standard Reed health issues, but isn't this part an argument *for* Reed? Checkdowns are a TE's best friend.
I think Washington is going to try and grind it out on the ground and play solid defense. I just don't see any WR or TE being fantasy relevant this season in Washington. Not to mention we all know Haskins will start at some point this year and who knows what he looks like when he comes in. A bad offense combined with an impending QB change at some point usually isn't a formula for success for the pass catchers. The pass catchers for the Browns last year all disappointed in fantasy. I don't see how the Skins would be any different considering they have lesser talent at every position in comparison to the 2018 Browns.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:00 am

Anything to see?
I can't find the tweet but I read that this is the first season in the last 4 that Reed isn't recovering from an injury or surgery or something during camp.

Also, Jordan Reed is as cheap as hes' ever been.

Also, Alex Smith is the least willing quarterback in the league to throw a contested catch into tight coverage. Having watched every Haskins college snap, I know that is not an issue for him.

If you are waiting on TE this year, you might not have higher upside. Graham, Reed, and Andrews are all going in the 13th / 14th range. They all have pros and cons but you could argue Reed is the best intersection of talent, age/health, proven, and QB.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:00 am

Josh Oliver had a "serious hamstring injury".

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:37 am

Brian Hill had a solid night, he's bounced around a little bit but could be a darkhorse for the #2 job in ATL.

jimmycricket14
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby jimmycricket14 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:31 am

I have been pondering something that is probably absolute heresy: Is there any possibility that Javon Wims could take the starting role from Anthony Miller?

I know, I know Miller is a 2nd round pick, was hurt all of last year, still looked good for stretches and scored lots of TD's. Wims is a 7th round pick and it's just training camp.

But all I keep hearing out of Bears camp is that Javon Wims is making big plays with the 1's in camp. I have been hearing very little about Anthony Miller which is surprising seeing as he was one of the most hyped players on the team coming out of last year. Just looking at the depth chart you wouldn't even expect Wims to make the 53 which makes me feel like he belongs on the WW, but I am thinking about stashing him through the first few preseason games to see if he gets any run. Am I overthinking this and wasting a stash here?

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:36 am

- ARob has been having a strong camp so far; I see persistent twitter buzz about it
- Kupp seems to be completey recovered, and McVay has spoken about some sort of practice analytics indicating Kupp has been one of the most explosive players in TC
- the Skins have been pleasantly surprised every day by Guice's pass-catching ability; they've begun flexing him out wide
- Keke Coutee is having a strong camp so far; at times he's been described as looking like the best player on the field
- Dante Pettis started TC slow (had the dropsies), but now he's started to come online; yesterday he caught several TDs from Jimmy
- John Brown has been the *clear* #1 WR for the Bills so far in TC
Last edited by ninotoreS on Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:41 am

jimmycricket14 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:31 am I have been pondering something that is probably absolute heresy: Is there any possibility that Javon Wims could take the starting role from Anthony Miller?

I know, I know Miller is a 2nd round pick, was hurt all of last year, still looked good for stretches and scored lots of TD's. Wims is a 7th round pick and it's just training camp.

But all I keep hearing out of Bears camp is that Javon Wims is making big plays with the 1's in camp. I have been hearing very little about Anthony Miller which is surprising seeing as he was one of the most hyped players on the team coming out of last year. Just looking at the depth chart you wouldn't even expect Wims to make the 53 which makes me feel like he belongs on the WW, but I am thinking about stashing him through the first few preseason games to see if he gets any run. Am I overthinking this and wasting a stash here?
Wims is on my "Scout Team" for sure. He's worth keeping an eye on. Had a nice preseason last year too. I think he went for 7-89 in a preseason game against the Ravens last year. Waldman only had him at #81 overall, FWIW, in the Post Draft Rookie Scouting Portfolio. But he's a big dude, 6'4'', and should be monitored.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Xavier Hutchinson
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol: