Rojo Value

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Rojo Value

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:11 am

Lumps wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:46 am
Ronald Jones put on 13 pounds of muscle this offseason.

Jones is now up to 221 pounds after playing at 208 last season. "I’ve put on a lot of pounds of muscle," said the 2018 second-rounder. "I’ve been training with my guy, eating four or five meals a day, protein shakes right after workouts. I’m bigger." Jones has reportedly been a standout this offseason and should have a good chance to unseat career plodder Peyton Barber as the Bucs' lead back. However, fantasy owners may want to pump the brakes a bit coming off a disastrous rookie season that included just 77 yards on 30 touches.

What do we make of this? Usually, RBs are losing weight to gain value in the off season. What now?
Bulking up can sometimes lead to injuries, but who knows. I just don't think Jones is very good so I don't think it will matter that much, but we shall see this year. It will be tough for him to be as fast with that added weight, so now I think we're looking at a guy who's a 4.6 type of guy, since he's was a 4.5 type guy before.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:43 pm

The weight gain is a big deal, if it's true -- that much gain would fundamentally alter Jones as a player. For good or ill? That I don't know.

Jones was 180lbs as a freshman, though. So we're asked to believe he's put on 40 pounds of 'muscle' in three years, and 15 more lbs this offseason alone after having already added 25 in college. If the gain is true, and it's not mostly fat, then it's reasonable to wonder if he's juicing.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:10 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:43 pm The weight gain is a big deal, if it's true -- that much gain would fundamentally alter Jones as a player. For good or ill? That I don't know.

Jones was 180lbs as a freshman, though. So we're asked to believe he's put on 40 pounds of 'muscle' in three years, and 15 more lbs this offseason alone after having already added 25 in college. If the gain is true, and it's not mostly fat, then it's reasonable to wonder if he's juicing.
Yep. Wasn't it Dion Jordan who was a high draft pick who was a little slight, then had a disastrous start to his career. He began juicing, too. Not saying it's the case, but could be. Wouldn't be the first time.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick