Duke Johnson's worth now

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Re: Duke Johnson

Postby Valhalla » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:27 pm

Bot101 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:41 am
tperry14 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:24 am I like Duke a lot. The Browns are rumored to be shopping him. Haven't heard of any teams being openly interested yet.
Actually there were multiple reports that the Eagles and Cowboys were interested.
I thought I read a report that the Cowboys hadn't actually inquired. It was something along the lines of a radio show mentioning that the Cowboys should inquire that was spun into rumors of them inquiring.

I might be remembering that wrong, though.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:39 pm

Valhalla wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:27 pm
Bot101 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:41 am
tperry14 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:24 am I like Duke a lot. The Browns are rumored to be shopping him. Haven't heard of any teams being openly interested yet.
Actually there were multiple reports that the Eagles and Cowboys were interested.
I thought I read a report that the Cowboys hadn't actually inquired. It was something along the lines of a radio show mentioning that the Cowboys should inquire that was spun into rumors of them inquiring.

I might be remembering that wrong, though.
As a Cowboys fan, I do not listen to or read any Cowboys related news from Cowboys radio or fanpage, as I find most of our fanbase incredibly annoying.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:15 pm

I think it's more likely Dorsey waits until mid-season to seriously shop Duke. Seems to me the current depth-chart needs Duke to backup Chubb until Hunt's available. Hilliard and Mays don't inspire much confidence in me.

I don't doubt that he'd trade Duke right away if the right offer is made, but I think if that was going to happen, it already would have. Teams know Duke will probably be cheaper to acquire later. For now, teams with particular need at RB have already signed a whole bunch of free-agent RBs, and the draft is still coming up.
tperry14 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:24 am Haven't heard of any teams being openly interested yet.
I all but guarantee the Eagles are interested. He's almost exactly the type of RB they seem to be looking for.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

FastEddie
Rookie
Rookie

Florio: Duke Johnson potentially to Tampa Bay

Postby FastEddie » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:15 am

What does that do for Duke Johnson’s ADP and future outlook?

I think it’s godsend for both the player and the organization.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Florio: Duke Johnson potentially to Tampa Bay

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:28 am

it would be great for johnson, he'd the best RB on the roster from day 1.

free duke! (and bye bye bruce anderson...)

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:08 am

if true, that shows the power of Rosenhaus (the agent Duke Johnson just signed with).

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/0 ... e-him.html
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:17 am

This is just speculation of a potential landing spot. To my knowledge there is no indication that something is actually in the works. It would likely be the best case scenario, but best case scenario's don't usually come to fruition, as much excitement as the thought generates for some.

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:53 am

FiremanEd wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:17 am This is just speculation of a potential landing spot. To my knowledge there is no indication that something is actually in the works. It would likely be the best case scenario, but best case scenario's don't usually come to fruition, as much excitement as the thought generates for some.
^this 100%.

At this point it's pure speculation. It would be great for any backup RB to get dealt to the Bucs. This is just like there's speculation that the LAC are going to deal Gordon and trade for McCoy...It's all just talk at this point. Like everything at this time of the yr.

Duke just wants to be traded, but he could be dealt to any team...Rams, Atl, GB, etc. TB is pretty much the only team in the league that Duke walks into a starting role, and it's highly improbable that he ends up getting a trade to the only team were he could start.

If you find someone all excited about the potential of this trade, treating it like it's a foregone conclusion, I'd deal Duke.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:08 pm

Cant see anyway that Duke is moved prior to Hunt getting some game action after suspension. Infact I can't see him getting traded at all this year. Cleveland wants to compete, RB injuries is one of the easiest way to derail it. they aren't going to be moving duke before they are sure their RB field is all set.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:44 pm

I would love to see this. But as mentioned above, highly doubt it happens. Out of spite Cleveland will send him to fantasy Siberia.

problemsolver
Starter
Starter

Postby problemsolver » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:54 pm

abloom wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:08 pm Cant see anyway that Duke is moved prior to Hunt getting some game action after suspension. Infact I can't see him getting traded at all this year. Cleveland wants to compete, RB injuries is one of the easiest way to derail it. they aren't going to be moving duke before they are sure their RB field is all set.
This. What motivation does Cleveland have to trade him? So that they are one twisted ankle away from Dontrell Hilliard being the lead back for the first half if the season?

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:09 pm

Again, speculation - nothing more; and Cleveland has repeatedly said they are not moving Duke Johnson.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:32 pm

Duke to Tampa would be almost as good as Duke to Houston.

But I read this report like a guy just speculating a logical suitor. Well, no bleep, Mike.

The REAL news is that Duke fired Campbell and hired Rosenhaus. This is interesting, because Duke still wants out of Cleveland, and Rosenhaus has a reputation to uphold as the super-agent who gets what his clients want. It seems evident Duke has made the change of agent specifically because Campbell didn't deliver, and he doesn't want to wait until mid-season to be traded.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:08 am

Not happening at least until Hunt comes back.

I own Duke and don't know how to value him. People are excited about the new agent and the prospects of a trade... And also Duke is a tremendously talented running back.... However he's kinda a no one barring a lot of luck. Trying to think who I would trade him for straight up and am struggling.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:55 am

Lord_Varys wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:08 am Not happening at least until Hunt comes back.

I own Duke and don't know how to value him. People are excited about the new agent and the prospects of a trade... And also Duke is a tremendously talented running back.... However he's kinda a no one barring a lot of luck. Trying to think who I would trade him for straight up and am struggling.
Well, the two players directly above and below him are Trubisky and John Brown- http://apps.dynastyleaguefootball.com/t ... values.php
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def