WOW: Malik McDowell

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

WOW: Malik McDowell

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:13 am

https://www.tmz.com/2019/07/09/malik-mc ... ane-video/

Holding...badge number 7427 of the PD......Jeeeeeez. (This is not in anyway aimed at suggesting a cop was in the wrong, just a poor attempt at humour). I don't know the law enough to suggest that the Cops were out of line. I suspect they weren't, but again, don't know enough about procedure to say. Cops handled it as cordially as possible in my opinion. He's slurring his speech etc. This is nuts.

Edit. Cop did well IMO. I am uneducated, but he did kept his cool, all thing considered, and did not pull his weapon even after a 300 plus pound athlete attempted physical aggression. He gave the guy every attempt to come in without violence.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: WOW: Malik McDowell

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:57 am

Did he get the supervisor though?

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:21 am

taser didn't do anything, was like oh hell no, and took it from him, lol ... cop was like what, 5'8" buck 40?
@PlankMelody

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:52 am

Officer did a great job all things considered.

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:02 am

I do not envy police officers with the job they have to do. They are constantly put in terrible situations with people (regardless of race) who are intoxicated or worse, and they are constantly scrutinized for anything they don’t do perfectly. We don’t know the whole story - and let the details come out - but it appears to me (not an expert in these matters) that this officer showed a lot of restraint and handled this about as well as he could have.

If there are any police officers on these forums - thank you for what you do every day to allow us to live in the society we do.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Chubb, Connor, Pacheco, Mattison, DCook, Perine
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, JJeudy, CSutton, Flowers, MThomas, Slayton, DParker, CDavis, DMims
TE: DSchultz, Musgrave, MGesicki, McBride, Kraft, Dissly
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01, 2.02

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: Hull, Jackson, Vaughn, Wilson
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.07, 1.09, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:06 am

Shcritters wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:02 am

If there are any police officers on these forums - thank you for what you do every day to allow us to live in the society we do.
:clap:

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:19 am

McDowell flew off an ATV and hit his head against pavement without a helmet shortly after being drafted. I'm no doctor, but based on that and his behavior since, I'll put money on some serious frontal lobe damage. Sad that a 21yo making an irresponsible decision like riding recklessly is probably going to ruin his life.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:02 am

Just watched this tape, that officer deserves a raise. Great job by him. He must have been scared, also think it was very smart of him to clearly say "You are going to get tased" instead of shot or something like that. This video should be shown to many new officers on how you handle situations.

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:30 am

Plank wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:21 am taser didn't do anything, was like oh hell no, and took it from him, lol ... cop was like what, 5'8" buck 40?
The taser didn't do anything because the shot was practically point blank. In order for it to be effective, It needs a better spread. Tasers are only effective at a certain distance range. Too far or too close makes them mostly useless. All things considered, he did a great job.
12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 9
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan
RB CMC/Zeke/Mixon/Sanders
WR Evans/Godwin/Robinson/Golladay/Thielen/Lockett/Fuller
TE Kittle/Waller/L. Thomas

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Murray/Brady
RB CMC
WR Adams/Hill/Diggs/AJ Brown/Aiyuk/Woods/R. Moore
TE Kelce/Kittle/Njoku
2x 2023 1sts

12 tm PPR 1.5 for TE Superflex start 2 TE start 12
QB Herbert/Tua/Lawrence/Fields
RB Harris/Etienne
WR Jefferson/Deebo/Lamb/DSmith/Sutton/Juedy/Kirk/E. Moore/R. Moore
TE Kittle/Pitts/Waller/Fant/Njoku
2022 1.01/1.12/2.02

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:39 am

Dude is very lucky that the cop understood the situation. That McDowell was clearly intoxicated and very troubled (physically and mentally). Otherwise, things would have very likely ended much worse.

I'd also say that the cop was a little brash in trying to deal with McDowell without any backup. McDowell was relatively passive (and bleep up). So the cop probably could have just spoken with McDowell, monitored him, and waited for a few more cops to come, when they could have handled him easier.

Still, a great ending to what could have been a much worse outcome.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:23 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:39 am Dude is very lucky that the cop understood the situation. That McDowell was clearly intoxicated and very troubled (physically and mentally). Otherwise, things would have very likely ended much worse.

I'd also say that the cop was a little brash in trying to deal with McDowell without any backup. McDowell was relatively passive (and bleep up). So the cop probably could have just spoken with McDowell, monitored him, and waited for a few more cops to come, when they could have handled him easier.

Still, a great ending to what could have been a much worse outcome.
This. Hope McDowell has a support group he can fallback on to try and work through things.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:39 pm

Shcritters wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:02 am I do not envy police officers with the job they have to do. They are constantly put in terrible situations with people (regardless of race) who are intoxicated or worse, and they are constantly scrutinized for anything they don’t do perfectly. We don’t know the whole story - and let the details come out - but it appears to me (not an expert in these matters) that this officer showed a lot of restraint and handled this about as well as he could have.

Great post and a huge +1