FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:53 pm

usps33 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:44 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:36 pm
usps33 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:34 pm

I blame the media the most, for instance the people who follow Mike Florio without doing any in-depth research of their own are never going to give Tyreek the benefit of the doubt. Me personally, I almost dropped Tyreek from my roster when that TV station first released that audio. If it wasn’t the off-season I would have dropped him, wouldn’t have even bothered to try and trade him away. Luckily I have the time to do some deep researching, maybe some of the other posters don’t have the time and just take what the media feeds them.

I anxiously waiting to hear what comes from those “text messages” that Tyreek lawyers sent to the NFL along with the other information they sent.
What in depth research have you done, exactly? Legitimately curious, since you are part of this trio insinuating Hill's innocence of anything, including his 2014 stuff. We all have Google. Have some ticket stubs to the KC airport? Did some groundbreaking detective work? Seeing as you didn't use the "media", care to reference your personal sources? Seems like anything other than Florio (an ex lawyer) is not media, in your eyes.
Just giving Hill the benefit of the doubt, and expressing my opinion, what in the world is wrong with you?
"In 2014 Tyreek was paying a lawyer to defend him, once Tyreek’s money ran out, they gave him a public defender. It isn’t too hard to believe why he would decide to take a plea. 3 year probation and your record will be expunged or risk going to jail for 10 years with a public defender, seems a pretty easy choice. I think it is more puzzling why a DA would offer probation and a clean record for what he was being charged with, that doesn’t make any sense." -your quote

Audio comes out of Hill saying something about not doing anything to her, and you pull this out. The insinuation is pretty clear. The benefit of the doubt is not warranted in the case of Hill abuse of Espinal, at this point. You are insinuating with this remark, that is the case. If that is not what you meant, then clarify your statement, and I will clarify mine, along with it. Are we talking about child abuse, or the abuse of Espinal in 2014? That is where this thread is heading. I tried to say people should tread carefully on that matter, some have not, and I feel I have no choice but to respond back. That's what a few other people have already basically fully stated, and you have been adding to those comments.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:14 pm

Here’s the link to the 2014 police report for anyone that’s claiming the Hill might be innocent of that. This is the first time that I had ever looked at it and I don’t see how anyone could think he’s innocent of that incident.

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnew ... 9b.pdf.pdf

usps33
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby usps33 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:33 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:53 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:36 pm

What in depth research have you done, exactly? Legitimately curious, since you are part of this trio insinuating Hill's innocence of anything, including his 2014 stuff. We all have Google. Have some ticket stubs to the KC airport? Did some groundbreaking detective work? Seeing as you didn't use the "media", care to reference your personal sources? Seems like anything other than Florio (an ex lawyer) is not media, in your eyes.
Just giving Hill the benefit of the doubt, and expressing my opinion, what in the world is wrong with you?
"In 2014 Tyreek was paying a lawyer to defend him, once Tyreek’s money ran out, they gave him a public defender. It isn’t too hard to believe why he would decide to take a plea. 3 year probation and your record will be expunged or risk going to jail for 10 years with a public defender, seems a pretty easy choice. I think it is more puzzling why a DA would offer probation and a clean record for what he was being charged with, that doesn’t make any sense." -your quote

Audio comes out of Hill saying something about not doing anything to her, and you pull this out. The insinuation is pretty clear. The benefit of the doubt is not warranted in the case of Hill abuse of Espinal, at this point. You are insinuating with this remark, that is the case. If that is not what you meant, then clarify your statement, and I will clarify mine, along with it. Are we talking about child abuse, or the abuse of Espinal in 2014? That is where this thread is heading. I tried to say people should tread carefully on that matter, some have not, and I feel I have no choice but to respond back. That's what a few other people have already basically fully stated, and you have been adding to those comments.
This is my honest opinion of what I feel happened, and it’s based on a lot of reading of individuals who “claim” to have some info regarding the relationship between Tyreek and his girlfriend. I feel that Tyreek wanted to end their relationship back in 2014. She was in his apartment and he wanted her to leave, she refused and then Tyreek forced her out, he physically removed her from his residence. I just don’t think he punched her. I think he used some force but not what he was accused of. I am not saying he is completely innocent, but just don’t believe he beat and strangled her.

He hasn’t gotten fair treatment once that tape was released. And the more stuff that comes out, it actually looks better for Hill. When I read Florio and even a few local Kansas City reporters, it makes me defend Hill more than I normally would. Even on ESPN right now, the news scrolls on the bottom and it says “Hill denies 2014 assault in new audio”. That tape helps Hills in other ways but that his denial of the assault is a negative when it’s taking out of context, just like the original release of that tape.

I don’t think that his denial is a big help, but when you listen to the recording, maybe I am biased, but I think she is clearly trying to entrap, and use the recording for some reasons I don’t want to get into here.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:39 pm

usps33 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:33 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:53 pm

This is my honest opinion of what I feel happened, and it’s based on a lot of reading of individuals who “claim” to have some info regarding the relationship between Tyreek and his girlfriend. I feel that Tyreek wanted to end their relationship back in 2014. She was in his apartment and he wanted her to leave, she refused and then Tyreek forced her out, he physically removed her from his residence. I just don’t think he punched her. I think he used some force but not what he was accused of. I am not saying he is completely innocent, but just don’t believe he beat and strangled her.

He hasn’t gotten fair treatment once that tape was released. And the more stuff that comes out, it actually looks better for Hill. When I read Florio and even a few local Kansas City reporters, it makes me defend Hill more than I normally would. Even on ESPN right now, the news scrolls on the bottom and it says “Hill denies 2014 assault in new audio”. That tape helps Hills in other ways but that his denial of the assault is a negative when it’s taking out of context, just like the original release of that tape.

I don’t think that his denial is a big help, but when you listen to the recording, maybe I am biased, but I think she is clearly trying to entrap, and use the recording for some reasons I don’t want to get into here.
I actually agree with this. However, I don't want to speculate, and it appears they are both using some sort of physical treatment on a 3 year old. I appreciate your clarification. This goes a long way, though. I appreciate the candid statement, and I sincerely hope our disagreements will not go nearly as far, now. Have a great night.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

usps33
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby usps33 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:17 pm

usps33 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:33 pm
[/quote]

I actually agree with this. However, I don't want to speculate, and it appears they are both using some sort of physical treatment on a 3 year old. I appreciate your clarification. This goes a long way, though. I appreciate the candid statement, and I sincerely hope our disagreements will not go nearly as far, now. Have a great night.
[/quote]
Sometimes I get too defensive, I appreciate your remarks. I do enjoy reading your posts in the forums. I am guilty of speculating, I need to do better. Also, I forgot to put one more reason why I was giving Hill the benefit right now. When I posted the stuff about his lawyer earlier regarding the 2014 case, I should have mentioned when he did have a lawyer that he was paying he had plead "not guilty", but once the lawyer left due to money, that's when the public defender and the plea agreement came into play He still could have gotten a plea deal even with the paid lawyer, still no guarantee he wouldn't still been found guilty. But I am sure 99% of people don't realize that Tyreek plead not guilty at first, I had no idea, no idea even that he had a paid lawyer, never seen it mentioned anywhere, just lucky to come across this article. Here is a link, hopefully the link works:

https://oklahoman.com/article/5441526/o ... use-charge

If the link doesn't work, you can copy and paste this and should work for sure:

https://oklahoman.com/article/5441526/o ... use-charge

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:05 am

You do realize that when you/he/anyone goes to court for anything....you plea guilty, not guilty, or no contest? Lets say you were caught speeding or jay walking and wanted to fight it....you plead not guilty. Everyone in the room knows you were doing 100 in a 70 or were jay walking. It does not mean anything to plea not guilty other than you and your lawyer/public defender will have your day/s in court.

Maybe you understand that process or maybe not? I read your posts as if you think he is legitimately not guilty of these things even though he clearly is. He is entering the not guilty plea to have his case heard/reduced/dismissed..
Not because he isnt guilty.

usps33
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby usps33 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:55 am

sloth8u wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:05 am You do realize that when you/he/anyone goes to court for anything....you plea guilty, not guilty, or no contest? Lets say you were caught speeding or jay walking and wanted to fight it....you plead not guilty. Everyone in the room knows you were doing 100 in a 70 or were jay walking. It does not mean anything to plea not guilty other than you and your lawyer/public defender will have your day/s in court.

Maybe you understand that process or maybe not? I read your posts as if you think he is legitimately not guilty of these things even though he clearly is. He is entering the not guilty plea to have his case heard/reduced/dismissed..
Not because he isnt guilty.
Yeah I know how it works. But you read a lot of posts/comments wondering why did he plead guilty and took the plea agreement if he wasn’t guilty. I am sure 99% of the people who make those post are unaware that Hill initially had plead not guilty and had a private lawyer he was paying for. When the $$ ran out, the lawyer left and thus the public defender. Who actually knows if Hill had enough $$$ would the case had turned out the same. It might have. When faced with a 3 year stay in prison or just completing 3 years of probation, with a public defender, what would you choose, even if you were not guilty? Would you really fight the case to the end? But I understand your point, everyone enters a plea at first to get their case heard, and that entering a not guilty plea really is just a formality normally. You feel he is clearly guilty, I respect that. I just don’t think he choked and punched her, but I do think he did physically removed her from his residence, that I would agree he is guilty of.
Last edited by usps33 on Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:20 am

Spoken like a tyreek owner. I pray you never have a friend/child/grandchild fall victim to a "tyreek hill".

I typically refrain from posting in these types of threads very much because i know we all come from different backgrounds and have witnessed different things in our lives. As someone who has had family and friends fall victim to domestic violence...there is nothing unusual about paying for a lawyer or getting probation, and especially so for a 1st offense at such a young age.

Your entitled to your opinion, just like the rest of us...i just hope your opinion isnt "it didnt happen if there is no video proof".

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:40 am

What is off base in this thread is somehow thinking a public defender isn’t a lawyer. Law firms donate lawyers to the public defenders office.

Acting as if a public defender ordered his law degree from amazon shows a complete lack of knowledge as to how the justice system actually works.

Step back and study up.

The point is not all public defenders are government employees and like prosecutors, which are, many public defenders are there to actually help those that can’t afford due process without them.

Cheapening the profession in an attempt to drive a point is an assumption that they don’t know what they are doing.

Their goal is to defend not prosecute.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:08 am

As the creator of this thread is there anyway I can just remove or end it lol. This is getting worse than daytime TV

usps33
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby usps33 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:14 am

The more I think about I’m tapping out, I’ll be back once the suspension is announced. No reason for me to be defending Hill. If he did what he has been accused of, he’s a pretty awful human being.

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:08 am

My goodness is it possible to approach things like an adult? When something comes out about a celebrity or athlete is probably a good idea to codemn them immediately for there actions forever no coming back? No it isn't. Is it a good idea to get on here and proclaim there innocense when I have no idea myself? No it isn't there is a middle ground for most things despite what media and politics would have you beileve today. Having said that hill. I dont beileve he deserves much benefit of the doubt considering his past but we should probably let the legal case play out in the civil courts and by the NFL before making any lifetime judgements. There is also no middle ground on things such as domestic assault of any kind I realize don't want to offend anyone I just think don't think a single person in this thread knows what's going on.
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:28 am

JOHNNY_COCKTAIL wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:08 am My goodness is it possible to approach things like an adult? When something comes out about a celebrity or athlete is probably a good idea to codemn them immediately for there actions forever no coming back? No it isn't. Is it a good idea to get on here and proclaim there innocense when I have no idea myself? No it isn't there is a middle ground for most things despite what media and politics would have you beileve today. Having said that hill. I dont beileve he deserves much benefit of the doubt considering his past but we should probably let the legal case play out in the civil courts and by the NFL before making any lifetime judgements. There is also no middle ground on things such as domestic assault of any kind I realize don't want to offend anyone I just think don't think a single person in this thread knows what's going on.
I completely agree that there has been way too much assumption in this thread. Its unfortunate, but that's what people do. I dont think we should expect everyone to rise above assuming the worst before the facts come out.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

dlf_jaronf
Administrator

Postby dlf_jaronf » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:45 am

This thread has only gone in circles, I'll lock it given that nothing new is public to change anyone's perceptions. When that happens, someone will inevitably begin a new thread, which we will monitor to ensure it stays respectful. Thanks all.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

And the saga continues... (Tyreek Hill thread, check your emotions at the door)

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:24 pm

Crystal files for paternity and sole custody of recently born twins. This after Tyreek took her to Dubai... Basically a soap opera at this point, with hundreds of fantasy points and millions of dollar$ of potential salary hanging in the balance.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/a ... 73612.html