The Tyreek Hill Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:49 pm

The NFL has a long and storied tradition of turning a BLIND EYE towards all kinds of despicable behavior by their talent. It seems very possible that the NFL will come down LIGHTLY on Hill, since no charges have been filed against him, and his wife/partner is basically backing Hill (read: sugar daddy) on this. The tape definitely made things a little more complicated, but nothing in it is terribly conclusive.

My guess is he gets between 4 - 8 weeks.

I hope the sentence comes down quickly, as I'm looking to sell him sooner rather than later. Not because I'm worried about him, but I've got a "win now" team and having a guy who won't produce until November won't help me with the C-ship.

What are some recent deals that you've seen?

There's a thread in Trade Advice which purports that Hill was traded for AJ Brown and a random 2020 1st. That's not a bad haul at this point. He was worth twice as much in December of 2018. And I paid a random 2020 3rd for him a few months ago. So his value is definitely coming back up...

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:00 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:18 pm Neither of them qualify as saints by any measure.

He is going to get suspended for quite some time. Roger cares about the NFL brand and the backlash will be great if he is not unless there is substantial proof that she is completely at fault which doesn’t seem to be the case.

Doesn’t matter at all what is coming out of Tyreek Hill’s camp.

This is pretty much what I’m thinking, he’s going to get suspended for 6-8 games, imo. Zeke got 6 games and in that situation, the case wasn’t even pursued by the Columbus Police, Jimmy Smith got 4 games last season for “evidence of threatening and emotionally abusive behaviors” towards a former girlfriend. Anyone who thinks Hill is getting off scot free, is crazy, imo.

jimmycricket14
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby jimmycricket14 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:02 pm

Just listened to the full audio. The articles coming out paint the new audio as pretty pro-Hill but he still says some disturbing things and I didn't really come away with a totally changed perception of Hill as some people seem to have had. Sound bites can be cherry picked from the recording to make him look good too. To those that seem to think this makes him innocent and are extrapolating arguments off of the articles I recommend you listen to it.

While a lot of the talk is going to be focused on 2014, most all of the disturbing parts are still when he is talking about his child, which is the current issue at hand. I don't think it really matters to what extent he got physical/abused his girlfriend in 2014. He has paid his debt to society on that count already (right or wrong) and the focus should be on the allegations of him abusing his child. It means nothing that he denies a lot of the circumstantial things like that his kid is afraid of him. He doesn't deny instilling discipline and being tough on his 3 year old at home. He doesn't deny punching him in the chest or using a belt. While that doesn't make him a criminal necessarily, doing those things combined with the fact that the kid has been taken from their home and had bruises and welts is more than enough for the NFL to hand out a pretty severe punishment. It doesn't need to be criminal for the NFL to deem it a violation of the code of conduct. Spankings are easier to brush off as they are/were pretty commonplace. Punching him in the chest feels excessive to me no matter which way you slice it. And his son is only 3 years old. I would think the NFL would want to take a stand that punching 3 year olds is highly unacceptable behavior.

The fluff about 2014 might be good for Hill in the sense that it could change public perception on him a little and might let the Chiefs extend him with less backlash. However I don't think it really helps him at all with the current pending suspension with the NFL. From the public information we have, I still think he gets at least an 8 game suspension and a full season wouldn't shock me.

usps33
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby usps33 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:04 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:06 pm
usps33 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:00 pm In 2014 Tyreek was paying a lawyer to defend him, once Tyreek’s money ran out, they gave him a public defender. It isn’t too hard to believe why he would decide to take a plea. 3 year probation and your record will be expunged or risk going to jail for 10 years with a public defender, seems a pretty easy choice. I think it is more puzzling why a DA would offer probation and a clean record for what he was being charged with, that doesn’t make any sense.
It's also not too hard to believe that he did it. He's still admitted to it years later, and is still with the woman who supposedly ruined his life. What you're insinuating is downright disturbing, but hey, he's on your FF team, right? I had a friend murdered in his house, his killer got 6 years due to certain circumstances, plea bargains, witnesses getting reduced sentences etc. Don't pretend to be a lawyer or know what you're talking about with the law to this extent.
You must be a liberal, they are the nicest people in world, as long as you agree with them. Once you get a liberal mad, they make satan look like an angle.

But anyway, what benefit does it do for Tyreek to deny what happened in 2014, there is no benefit, he has already paid his debt to society and has a clean criminal record now. Clearly, people like Mike Florio are going ballistic for Tyreek denying what he plea bargained to. Mike Florio has even stated he doesn’t know if he can continuing football if Hill is aloud to play. See you later Mr. Florio!

Some people are even saying Tyreek knew he was being recorded, lol. Tyreek is a genius, he is so smart to figure out he is being recorded but he still says “you better be terrified of me too bitch”. Why in the world would he say that if he knew he was being recorded. Hopefully, you at least don’t believe Tyreek knew he was being recorded?

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:08 pm

usps33 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:04 pm
usps33 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:00 pm In 2014 Tyreek was paying a lawyer to defend him, once Tyreek’s money ran out, they gave him a public defender. It isn’t too hard to believe why he would decide to take a plea. 3 year probation and your record will be expunged or risk going to jail for 10 years with a public defender, seems a pretty easy choice. I think it is more puzzling why a DA would offer probation and a clean record for what he was being charged with, that doesn’t make any sense.
It's also not too hard to believe that he did it. He's still admitted to it years later, and is still with the woman who supposedly ruined his life. What you're insinuating is downright disturbing, but hey, he's on your FF team, right? I had a friend murdered in his house, his killer got 6 years due to certain circumstances, plea bargains, witnesses getting reduced sentences etc. Don't pretend to be a lawyer or know what you're talking about with the law to this extent.
You must be a liberal, they are the nicest people in world, as long as you agree with them. Once you get a liberal mad, they make satan look like an angle.

But anyway, what benefit does it do for Tyreek to deny what happened in 2014, there is no benefit, he has already paid his debt to society and has a clean criminal record now. Clearly, people like Mike Florio are going ballistic for Tyreek denying what he plea bargained to. Mike Florio has even stated he doesn’t know if he can continuing football if Hill is aloud to play. See you later Mr. Florio!

Some people are even saying Tyreek knew he was being recorded, lol. Tyreek is a genius, he is so smart to figure out he is being recorded but he still says “you better be terrified of me too bitch”. Why in the world would he say that if he knew he was being recorded. Hopefully, you at least don’t believe Tyreek knew he was being recorded?
And here we go...
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:14 pm

Nope. Look, what you insinuated was clear. I'm not a liberal. I put my political opinion on the issue, not a political side. Most would say I'm more right wing on those issues, however. You know nothing of the laws to the extent you claim. You are now backtracking on an obvious attempt to insinuate Hill's innocence on the 2014 issue, don't try and sugar coat it. You are the one who brought up 2014.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:20 pm

jimmycricket14 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:02 pm Just listened to the full audio. The articles coming out paint the new audio as pretty pro-Hill but he still says some disturbing things and I didn't really come away with a totally changed perception of Hill as some people seem to have had. Sound bites can be cherry picked from the recording to make him look good too. To those that seem to think this makes him innocent and are extrapolating arguments off of the articles I recommend you listen to it.

While a lot of the talk is going to be focused on 2014, most all of the disturbing parts are still when he is talking about his child, which is the current issue at hand. I don't think it really matters to what extent he got physical/abused his girlfriend in 2014. He has paid his debt to society on that count already (right or wrong) and the focus should be on the allegations of him abusing his child. It means nothing that he denies a lot of the circumstantial things like that his kid is afraid of him. He doesn't deny instilling discipline and being tough on his 3 year old at home. He doesn't deny punching him in the chest or using a belt. While that doesn't make him a criminal necessarily, doing those things combined with the fact that the kid has been taken from their home and had bruises and welts is more than enough for the NFL to hand out a pretty severe punishment. It doesn't need to be criminal for the NFL to deem it a violation of the code of conduct. Spankings are easier to brush off as they are/were pretty commonplace. Punching him in the chest feels excessive to me no matter which way you slice it. And his son is only 3 years old. I would think the NFL would want to take a stand that punching 3 year olds is highly unacceptable behavior.

The fluff about 2014 might be good for Hill in the sense that it could change public perception on him a little and might let the Chiefs extend him with less backlash. However I don't think it really helps him at all with the current pending suspension with the NFL. From the public information we have, I still think he gets at least an 8 game suspension and a full season wouldn't shock me.
Well said.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:30 pm

JOHNNY_COCKTAIL wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:37 pm I think people on both sides are getting in over there pay grade in this thread
That was my point earlier. It's all a wild goose chase. No one knows the truth besides Hill and Espinal... And we can all agree both of them are a little off in the head

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:03 pm

TheNuts wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:11 pm Hill looks more and more innocent of any wrong doing at all, ever. Anyone who called for him to be banned should be ashamed. So much shameful behavior in this thread alone
Yup.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:23 pm

perkinsrooster wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:03 pm
TheNuts wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:11 pm Hill looks more and more innocent of any wrong doing at all, ever. Anyone who called for him to be banned should be ashamed. So much shameful behavior in this thread alone
Yup.
These are actually the most shameful comments on this thread, by far. It's not even close. The level of ignorance in self evident.

usps33
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby usps33 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:34 pm

Yup.
I blame the media the most, for instance the people who follow Mike Florio without doing any in-depth research of their own are never going to give Tyreek the benefit of the doubt. Me personally, I almost dropped Tyreek from my roster when that TV station first released that audio. If it wasn’t the off-season I would have dropped him, wouldn’t have even bothered to try and trade him away. Luckily I have the time to do some deep researching, maybe some of the other posters don’t have the time and just take what the media feeds them.

I anxiously waiting to hear what comes from those “text messages” that Tyreek lawyers sent to the NFL along with the other information they sent.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:36 pm

usps33 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:34 pm
Yup.
I blame the media the most, for instance the people who follow Mike Florio without doing any in-depth research of their own are never going to give Tyreek the benefit of the doubt. Me personally, I almost dropped Tyreek from my roster when that TV station first released that audio. If it wasn’t the off-season I would have dropped him, wouldn’t have even bothered to try and trade him away. Luckily I have the time to do some deep researching, maybe some of the other posters don’t have the time and just take what the media feeds them.

I anxiously waiting to hear what comes from those “text messages” that Tyreek lawyers sent to the NFL along with the other information they sent.
What in depth research have you done, exactly? Legitimately curious, since you are part of this trio insinuating Hill's innocence of anything, including his 2014 stuff. We all have Google. Have some ticket stubs to the KC airport? Did some groundbreaking detective work? Seeing as you didn't use the "media", care to reference your personal sources? Seems like anything other than Florio (an ex lawyer) is not media, in your eyes.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

usps33
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby usps33 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:40 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:14 pm

Nope. Look, what you insinuated was clear. I'm not a liberal. I put my political opinion on the issue, not a political side. Most would say I'm more right wing on those issues, however. You know nothing of the laws to the extent you claim. You are now backtracking on an obvious attempt to insinuate Hill's innocence on the 2014 issue, don't try and sugar coat it. You are the one who brought up 2014.
I apologize for thinking that you were a liberal, my bad, you were right to figure out I wasn’t a lawyer, I wonder what would give that away. I didn’t claim I knew any laws, just stated my opinion that the plea deal was pretty light considering what the media was reporting Hill did to his girlfriend. It was just my opinion, no reason for you to attack me over it.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:42 pm

usps33 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:40 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:14 pm

I apologize for thinking that you were a liberal, my bad, you were right to figure out I wasn’t a lawyer, I wonder what would give that away. I didn’t claim I knew any laws, just stated my opinion that the plea deal was pretty light considering what the media was reporting Hill did to his girlfriend. It was just my opinion, no reason for you to attack me over it.
Attack is a bit harsh. You're now playing the victim card. You were insinuating Hill's innocence in 2014 based on a level of understanding of the law neither of us have.

usps33
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby usps33 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:44 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:36 pm
usps33 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:34 pm

Yup.

What in depth research have you done, exactly? Legitimately curious, since you are part of this trio insinuating Hill's innocence of anything, including his 2014 stuff. We all have Google. Have some ticket stubs to the KC airport? Did some groundbreaking detective work? Seeing as you didn't use the "media", care to reference your personal sources? Seems like anything other than Florio (an ex lawyer) is not media, in your eyes.
Just giving Hill the benefit of the doubt, and expressing my opinion, what in the world is wrong with you?