2019 ROOKIE Defensive Line rankings

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
problemsolver
Starter
Starter

Re: 2019 ROOKIE Defensive Line rankings

Postby problemsolver » Mon May 20, 2019 5:58 pm

Ximines was taken at pick 70. I took Rashan Gary at pick 71. I'm not complaining.

dawgs4life
Captain
Captain

Postby dawgs4life » Fri May 24, 2019 8:29 pm

Getting to the later rounds in my draft now. We are at 5.11 in a 16 team start 1DT. Tillery and Simmons are still on the board. Which do you prefer, the situation and upside of Tillery right away or the massive upside of Simmons with a 1 year wait. I am also thinking Simmons might be a DE in that Titans 3-4.....thoughts on who should be the pick here? Thx in advance.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri May 24, 2019 8:46 pm

How many total DLs do you/can you start?

Do stud DLs score on par with stud offensive players?
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

dawgs4life
Captain
Captain

Postby dawgs4life » Fri May 24, 2019 8:54 pm

Can start as many DL as you want total 11 IDP. Minimum 1 DT and minimum 2 DE.
I have Kenny Clark already, and at DE I have Flowers, Yannick, Hayward, Houston.
Not much left in the draft at DE ... Banogu and Austin Bryant. Have Tillery, Simmons, and Tristen Hill at DT.
I took Orekere with my last pick, so Marquise Blair is still available too. Just figured I only have 1 DT in Clark and these guys were 1st rounders in the NFL draft so figured I take a shot.
My team is just good enough to maybe make the playoffs. Slightly above middle of the pack.
I only play in 16x53 with 10+ taxi size leagues with full IDP. All are PPR and most value return yardage. So my opinions may be skewed To these deep roster leagues.

Dynasty Fantasy is not a game, it’s a full time hobby.

dawgs4life
Captain
Captain

Postby dawgs4life » Fri May 24, 2019 8:58 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:46 pm How many total DLs do you/can you start?

Do stud DLs score on par with stud offensive players?
Leonard was #11 overall scorer. A. Donald was #36. Bunch of LBs in the 40’s. Buckner was #54

Team Tacos
MVP
MVP

Postby Team Tacos » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:52 am

In a 16 Team league I traded up to 2.04 to snag Nick Bosa. My pick 3.11 is coming up in a DT required league, looking at Brian Burns, Jerry Tillery, Christian Wilkins, or Jeffery Simmons.

Leaning Tillery, not sold on Burns due to size and possible future classification as an OLB (but those Danielle Hunter athletic comps sure are nice). Tillery's supporting cast and athleticism is what's doing it for me, even thought I love Simmons as a stash for next year, and I could afford to wait for him since Jurell Casey is my starter at DT. I do like Christian Wilkins' tape, but he played next to Clelin Ferrell and Dexter Lawrence in college which probably made everything easier, and on Miami he might be the only good player on their DLine for at least 2019.

One pick in front of me, maybe they'll make the decision easier for me.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:54 am

Team Tacos wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:52 am Leaning Tillery
i just wish his parents called him arthur :(

Team Tacos
MVP
MVP

Postby Team Tacos » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:37 am

Should probably stop overthinking it and take Burns and then choose between the DTs next round.

...and that’s what I did.

Team Tacos
MVP
MVP

Postby Team Tacos » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:42 am

So here are my most recent thoughts about the “2nd tier” of DTs:

Jeffery Simmons easily has the best tape. If the Chargers drafted him this would’ve even be a question. His tackle numbers and TFLs from last season are pretty crazy, but he had a low sack number. Incredible motor all game. I wish we had more numbers on his overall athleticism but his February ACL tear and off field issues kept him out of the combine. His power on tape is incredible. Only 21 years old.

Jerry Tillery rushing the passer between Ingram and Bosa is just so tempting and his combine numbers are very impressive. His speed shows up on tape for sure but Simmons just looks faster out there. Tillery had pretty balanced sack and TFL numbers last year but a lower tackle count. He has some great pass rush moves. 22 years old.

Christian Wilkins just doesn’t look as fast on tape and his combine numbers seem to show that. He does have a great burst off the line and seems to jump the snap count pretty often, but for some reason he seems to get swallowed up more often than not. However, a few seconds later he’s usually free again and wrecking some shop. Saw a lot of double teams on the tape I watched. 23 years old.

I think if Simmons didn’t have the off field issues and the ACL injury, he’d easily be the DT 3 in this class. I know most people like Wilkins the most out of the 3, but for me Simmons and Tillery are pretty close. I think I’d rank them like this:
1. Simmons
2. Tillery
3. Wilkins

Team Tacos
MVP
MVP

Postby Team Tacos » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:26 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:54 am
Team Tacos wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:52 am Leaning Tillery
i just wish his parents called him arthur :(
Just getting this! :lol:

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:31 pm

Team Tacos wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:42 am So here are my most recent thoughts about the “2nd tier” of DTs:

Jeffery Simmons easily has the best tape. If the Chargers drafted him this would’ve even be a question. His tackle numbers and TFLs from last season are pretty crazy, but he had a low sack number. Incredible motor all game. I wish we had more numbers on his overall athleticism but his February ACL tear and off field issues kept him out of the combine. His power on tape is incredible. Only 21 years old.

Jerry Tillery rushing the passer between Ingram and Bosa is just so tempting and his combine numbers are very impressive. His speed shows up on tape for sure but Simmons just looks faster out there. Tillery had pretty balanced sack and TFL numbers last year but a lower tackle count. He has some great pass rush moves. 22 years old.

Christian Wilkins just doesn’t look as fast on tape and his combine numbers seem to show that. He does have a great burst off the line and seems to jump the snap count pretty often, but for some reason he seems to get swallowed up more often than not. However, a few seconds later he’s usually free again and wrecking some shop. Saw a lot of double teams on the tape I watched. 23 years old.

I think if Simmons didn’t have the off field issues and the ACL injury, he’d easily be the DT 3 in this class. I know most people like Wilkins the most out of the 3, but for me Simmons and Tillery are pretty close. I think I’d rank them like this:
1. Simmons
2. Tillery
3. Wilkins
I appreciate the write up! I'm not sold on Wilkins either- he won't have the same luxury in Miami that he did in college- no one to draw o line attention, unless Charles Harris leaps forward. I like Simmons for the talent and Tillery for the situation, like you highlight here.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Team Tacos
MVP
MVP

Postby Team Tacos » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:06 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:31 pm
Team Tacos wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:42 am So here are my most recent thoughts about the “2nd tier” of DTs:

1. Simmons
2. Tillery
3. Wilkins
I appreciate the write up! I'm not sold on Wilkins either- he won't have the same luxury in Miami that he did in college- no one to draw o line attention, unless Charles Harris leaps forward. I like Simmons for the talent and Tillery for the situation, like you highlight here.
Thanks man, helps me think my way through it, even if I did kind of hijack lukky's post.

Just as an update, I found out this AM that Tillery was OL until he got to Notre Dame, so he's only had a few years at the DT position, and was rated as one of the top Olinemen in the country out of high school. So he's as good as he is having only played the position for 3 years and made some big improvements last year. Makes him a bit more interesting to me, might sway my decision a bit.

Team Tacos
MVP
MVP

Postby Team Tacos » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:06 am

Dexter Lawrence getting steady snaps and has had a couple of good weeks. Aberration or overlooked player? Doesn’t seem like he’s just a space eater.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:07 am

Team Tacos wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:06 am Dexter Lawrence getting steady snaps and has had a couple of good weeks. Aberration or overlooked player? Doesn’t seem like he’s just a space eater.
Might be real, too soon to tell tho I think.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Team Tacos
MVP
MVP

Postby Team Tacos » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:39 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:07 am
Team Tacos wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:06 am Dexter Lawrence getting steady snaps and has had a couple of good weeks. Aberration or overlooked player? Doesn’t seem like he’s just a space eater.
Might be real, too soon to tell tho I think.
True, only had half a tackle this week.