Kareem Hunt bar incident, pushing/shoving, cops talked to him. No charges or even police report filed

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Bronco Billy
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:12 am

Re: Breaking- Kareem Hunt possible bar fight over the weekend

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:25 am

CubfanAA wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:10 am
Bronco Billy wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:59 am
FantasyFreak wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:42 am


Sometimes cops question people to see what happened because there may have been a crime committed. That's all I meant. So there actually was a "potential" crime. That's why cops stop and question people, usually. Turns out there wasn't a crime, but there was a potential crime as you put it, at the time the cops were there. The Cops were obviously questioning Hunt. I was wondering if anyone else was questioned. Details are still sketchy. I'm guessing Hunt's favourite drink wasn't a tonic water, though.
Guess we’ll have to agree to disagree. I don’t see where there was any basis for the police to initiate an investigation - which seems to be the police position - whereas you believe that may have been. Some people just want to spin this molehill into a mountain (to what end, I wonder?). Geez, a 23 yr old out with friends getting drunk in the offseason. I’m sure glad that I wasn’t held to that standard as a condition for my employment.
Watch cops or live PD sometime. Cops question witnesses all the time when they have to get involved in a drunken argument. Even if no crime was committed they still ask some questions just to confirm no crime was committed. Questioning people doesn't mean they have to start some big ongoing investigation.
And they chose not to in this event, which I guess is an indicator of how serious they thought it was. This situation was brought on by Hunt’s behavior and he ought to be much more aware of his public image, granted - but this was predominantly a product of the twitterverse trying to fan a wisp of smoke into a fire, and some here appear to have decided to jump onboard.

User avatar
Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4297
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: Breaking- Kareem Hunt possible bar fight over the weekend

Postby Bot101 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:26 am

Bronco Billy wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:59 am
FantasyFreak wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:42 am
Bronco Billy wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:36 am


About what? What their favorite drink was? There was no potential crime to investigate.
Sometimes cops question people to see what happened because there may have been a crime committed. That's all I meant. So there actually was a "potential" crime. That's why cops stop and question people, usually. Turns out there wasn't a crime, but there was a potential crime as you put it, at the time the cops were there. The Cops were obviously questioning Hunt. I was wondering if anyone else was questioned. Details are still sketchy. I'm guessing Hunt's favourite drink wasn't a tonic water, though.
Guess we’ll have to agree to disagree. I don’t see where there was any basis for the police to initiate an investigation - which seems to be the police position - whereas you believe that may have been. Some people just want to spin this molehill into a mountain (to what end, I wonder?). Geez, a 23 yr old out with friends getting drunk in the offseason. I’m sure glad that I wasn’t held to that standard as a condition for my employment.
Kareem Hunt isnt just your good ol 23 year old havin drinks with his buds. He doesnt get to operate by the same standards as he could before. Hes had multiple off the field issues pop up, he got fired from his last job for lying, hes on camera trying to attack a woman while drunk, he is in alcohol abuse treatment, hes acting like a reformed remodel, and now on camera yelling at police while drunk again. If the conditions of his employment are whatever the NFL and the Browns (or any other team) are what they are, he has to change whatever needs changing or he will be fired again. This enabling that fans allow is absolutely toxic. Im guessing you either are a Browns fan or have Hunt on one or more of your fantasy teams.

Online
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11299
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Breaking- Kareem Hunt possible bar fight over the weekend

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:37 am

Bronco Billy wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:25 am
CubfanAA wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:10 am
Bronco Billy wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:59 am


Guess we’ll have to agree to disagree. I don’t see where there was any basis for the police to initiate an investigation - which seems to be the police position - whereas you believe that may have been. Some people just want to spin this molehill into a mountain (to what end, I wonder?). Geez, a 23 yr old out with friends getting drunk in the offseason. I’m sure glad that I wasn’t held to that standard as a condition for my employment.


Watch cops or live PD sometime. Cops question witnesses all the time when they have to get involved in a drunken argument. Even if no crime was committed they still ask some questions just to confirm no crime was committed. Questioning people doesn't mean they have to start some big ongoing investigation.
And they chose not to in this event, which I guess is an indicator of how serious they thought it was. This situation was brought on by Hunt’s behavior and he ought to be much more aware of his public image, granted - but this was predominantly a product of the twitterverse trying to fan a wisp of smoke into a fire, and some here appear to have decided to jump onboard.
Yeah. The guy claimed to have been there. I was just curious if he or anyone who saw it was questioned by the cops. I'm well aware there is no ongoing investigation.

Also, Hunt went to treatment for Alcohol abuse, and is on a "zero tolerance" policy with his new team. Can I take a guess that Hunt is on your Dynasty team? This isn't much of an issue with a player without the history Hunt has, but with Hunt, it's obviously a different situation.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Carson, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, Sproles
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Agholor, Sanu, Higgins, D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Ian Thomas, Clay

Bronco Billy
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:12 am

Re: Breaking- Kareem Hunt possible bar fight over the weekend

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:40 am

Bot101 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:26 am
Bronco Billy wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:59 am
FantasyFreak wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:42 am


Sometimes cops question people to see what happened because there may have been a crime committed. That's all I meant. So there actually was a "potential" crime. That's why cops stop and question people, usually. Turns out there wasn't a crime, but there was a potential crime as you put it, at the time the cops were there. The Cops were obviously questioning Hunt. I was wondering if anyone else was questioned. Details are still sketchy. I'm guessing Hunt's favourite drink wasn't a tonic water, though.
Guess we’ll have to agree to disagree. I don’t see where there was any basis for the police to initiate an investigation - which seems to be the police position - whereas you believe that may have been. Some people just want to spin this molehill into a mountain (to what end, I wonder?). Geez, a 23 yr old out with friends getting drunk in the offseason. I’m sure glad that I wasn’t held to that standard as a condition for my employment.
Kareem Hunt isnt just your good ol 23 year old havin drinks with his buds. He doesnt get to operate by the same standards as he could before. Hes had multiple off the field issues pop up, he got fired from his last job for lying, hes on camera trying to attack a woman while drunk, he is in alcohol abuse treatment, hes acting like a reformed remodel, and now on camera yelling at police while drunk again. If the conditions of his employment are whatever the NFL and the Browns (or any other team) are what they are, he has to change whatever needs changing or he will be fired again. This enabling that fans allow is absolutely toxic. Im guessing you either are a Browns fan or have Hunt on one or more of your fantasy teams.
No, I was a kid once and made mistakes too. If the conditions of his employment are that he is not to drink in public, I have not seen that yet. And as I previously stated, he ought to be aware of his current status and not chumming the water for the nanny-statists and those who wish him ill for some kind of perverse satisfaction of seeing him terminated because he was out drinking with friends. But I also believe that a 23 yr old ought to be able to get drunk at a bar in his off time - so long as he is not infringing on others, breaking the law (unless you want to include public intoxication, which I’d prefer not to ) and it is not a specific condition of his employment.

Apparently you feel otherwise. I guess you live a life where you would be comfortable with groups of people having their cell phones out and documenting your every action because nothing you do has negative connotations and could be published all over the internet at any time without you having to worry about adverse consequences. I find that objectionable - like what happened to Hunt in this circumstance.

Online
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11299
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Breaking- Kareem Hunt possible bar fight over the weekend

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:51 am

Bronco Billy wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:40 am
Bot101 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:26 am
Bronco Billy wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:59 am


Guess we’ll have to agree to disagree. I don’t see where there was any basis for the police to initiate an investigation - which seems to be the police position - whereas you believe that may have been. Some people just want to spin this molehill into a mountain (to what end, I wonder?). Geez, a 23 yr old out with friends getting drunk in the offseason. I’m sure glad that I wasn’t held to that standard as a condition for my employment.
Kareem Hunt isnt just your good ol 23 year old havin drinks with his buds. He doesnt get to operate by the same standards as he could before. Hes had multiple off the field issues pop up, he got fired from his last job for lying, hes on camera trying to attack a woman while drunk, he is in alcohol abuse treatment, hes acting like a reformed remodel, and now on camera yelling at police while drunk again. If the conditions of his employment are whatever the NFL and the Browns (or any other team) are what they are, he has to change whatever needs changing or he will be fired again. This enabling that fans allow is absolutely toxic. Im guessing you either are a Browns fan or have Hunt on one or more of your fantasy teams.
No, I was a kid once and made mistakes too. If the conditions of his employment are that he is not to drink in public, I have not seen that yet. And as I previously stated, he ought to be aware of his current status and not chumming the water for the nanny-statists and those who wish him ill for some kind of perverse satisfaction of seeing him terminated because he was out drinking with friends. But I also believe that a 23 yr old ought to be able to get drunk at a bar in his off time - so long as he is not infringing on others, breaking the law (unless you want to include public intoxication, which I’d prefer not to ) and it is not a specific condition of his employment.

Apparently you feel otherwise. I guess you live a life where you would be comfortable with groups of people having their cell phones out and documenting your every action because nothing you do has negative connotations and could be published all over the internet at any time without you having to worry about adverse consequences. I find that objectionable - like what happened to Hunt in this circumstance.
Hunt has shown a disturbing pattern of behaviour, and most around alcohol and physical altercations, both of which happened here, albeit to a lesser degree. What I'm saying is it doesn't show good signs for his long term outlook, if before he's already served a game for his suspension, he's finding himself in less than savoury situations involving the things he already has problems with.

I personally agree with your take that it can and was blown out of proportion, but under his circumstances, it would have been ideal if he could have avoided this altogether. Athletes do get followed with phones, whereas we do not, too. I would not wish to have that for myself, agreed.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Carson, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, Sproles
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Agholor, Sanu, Higgins, D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Ian Thomas, Clay

perkinsrooster
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1357
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:16 pm

Re: Breaking- Kareem Hunt possible bar fight over the weekend

Postby perkinsrooster » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:56 am

Bronco Billy wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:25 am
CubfanAA wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:10 am
Bronco Billy wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:59 am


Guess we’ll have to agree to disagree. I don’t see where there was any basis for the police to initiate an investigation - which seems to be the police position - whereas you believe that may have been. Some people just want to spin this molehill into a mountain (to what end, I wonder?). Geez, a 23 yr old out with friends getting drunk in the offseason. I’m sure glad that I wasn’t held to that standard as a condition for my employment.
Watch cops or live PD sometime. Cops question witnesses all the time when they have to get involved in a drunken argument. Even if no crime was committed they still ask some questions just to confirm no crime was committed. Questioning people doesn't mean they have to start some big ongoing investigation.
And they chose not to in this event, which I guess is an indicator of how serious they thought it was. This situation was brought on by Hunt’s behavior and he ought to be much more aware of his public image, granted - but this was predominantly a product of the twitterverse trying to fan a wisp of smoke into a fire, and some here appear to have decided to jump onboard.
Certain people here have made a hobby of jumping onboard that train.

Bronco Billy
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:12 am

Re: Breaking- Kareem Hunt possible bar fight over the weekend

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:10 am

FantasyFreak wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:51 am
No, I don't. However Hunt has shown a disturbing pattern of behaviour, and most around alcohol and physical altercations, both of which happened here, albeit to a lesser degree. What I'm saying is it doesn't show good signs for his long term outlook, if before he's already served a game for his suspension, he's finding himself in less than savoury situations involving the things he already has problems with.
I can agree for the most part with your thoughts here, with the exception about the degree of what happened in this instance which I believe is near inconsequential. I know Hunt has taken some steps to modify his behavior, but whether they are making a significant impact is up in the air right now and these reports do open the door to that perhaps he has personal demons that he may not be able to overcome. But this incident does not rise to anywhere near the level of what occurred previously IMO, and that it got splashed on the internet that he got in another fight (or knocked someone out and was chased down by police or shoved up broom up someone’s ******** ) hopefully will make an impact on him that by some people’s standards that he can’t even go out drinking with friends and that there are those in this world who will try to inflate these issues into something that they are not, and that those perceptions can impact his current vocation.

Or as you say, it could be that he just doesn’t care enough or doesn’t have the inner strength to change, and it will cost him the rest of his NFL career because he doesn't have it in him.

User avatar
Metriculous
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 436
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 8:34 am

Re: Breaking- Kareem Hunt possible bar fight over the weekend

Postby Metriculous » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:14 am

Hunt owners are sooooooooo easy to pick out of the crowd.

Quick reality check:

1) He was fantastic when he was on the Chiefs.
2) He was fired by the Chiefs.
3) He was given a second/last chance by the Browns.
4) He was NOT brought in to be the starting RB of the Cleveland Browns.
5) Although he is still 23 years old, he will likely be 25 at the EARLIEST before he could be a relevant starting RB in the NFL again.
6) He doesn't have anything close to his previous value in dynasty.
7) It is likely he WILL NEVER recapture even 75% of the value he had after his rookie season.

More likely........ he was an average RB talent that was drafted into a spectacular spot for early production that exaggerated his skill set. He is a violent alcoholic that has yet to fully accept he has a problem. He will screw up again (aside from this situation) before he becomes a relevant fantasy asset for your dynasty team.
Eleventeen Time Champion of a Sad Little League
Jealous much? Of course you are.


(Insert Clever Team Name That May Contain Sexual Innuendo)
A bunch of league settings you won't read anyways....numbers and such

QB - A guy with only one or two good years left in the tank
RB1 - A guy who stands charged with several minor crimes (Guilty until proven, right?)
RB2 - Young guy that is only good because of his offensive line and workload
WR1 - A guy whose metrics make up for his stone hands
WR2 - A dude who is probably too short to catch the ball
TE - This guy played basketball, right?
DEF & K - I guess we are still doing this .. :wall: ...

User avatar
jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4236
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:26 am

Re: Breaking- Kareem Hunt possible bar fight over the weekend

Postby jcc6fd » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:57 am

perkinsrooster wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:56 am
Bronco Billy wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:25 am
CubfanAA wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:10 am


Watch cops or live PD sometime. Cops question witnesses all the time when they have to get involved in a drunken argument. Even if no crime was committed they still ask some questions just to confirm no crime was committed. Questioning people doesn't mean they have to start some big ongoing investigation.
And they chose not to in this event, which I guess is an indicator of how serious they thought it was. This situation was brought on by Hunt’s behavior and he ought to be much more aware of his public image, granted - but this was predominantly a product of the twitterverse trying to fan a wisp of smoke into a fire, and some here appear to have decided to jump onboard.
Certain people here have made a hobby of jumping onboard that train.
Some of the immediate criticism here smells of that. Once the season starts and nothing has come of this incident comments degrading his character will seem foolish and short-sided. This assumes he doesn't do anything actually wrong in that time frame, which if you're arguing this is indicative of a substance abuse problem I respect the argument.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring: 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1Flex DST K
QB: Mahomes, Super Cam, Darnold, D. Jones
RB: Gurley, Fournette, Cook, Guice, Lindsay, D. Henderson, Bernard, M. Brown, J. Jackson
WR: Julio, K. Allen, Cooks, TY, Edelman, Ty Williams, MVS
TE: Kelce, Cook, McDonald
IR: B. Love

Online
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11299
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Breaking- Kareem Hunt possible bar fight over the weekend

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:41 am

Bronco Billy wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:10 am
FantasyFreak wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:51 am
No, I don't. However Hunt has shown a disturbing pattern of behaviour, and most around alcohol and physical altercations, both of which happened here, albeit to a lesser degree. What I'm saying is it doesn't show good signs for his long term outlook, if before he's already served a game for his suspension, he's finding himself in less than savoury situations involving the things he already has problems with.
I can agree for the most part with your thoughts here, with the exception about the degree of what happened in this instance which I believe is near inconsequential. I know Hunt has taken some steps to modify his behavior, but whether they are making a significant impact is up in the air right now and these reports do open the door to that perhaps he has personal demons that he may not be able to overcome. But this incident does not rise to anywhere near the level of what occurred previously IMO, and that it got splashed on the internet that he got in another fight (or knocked someone out and was chased down by police or shoved up broom up someone’s ******** ) hopefully will make an impact on him that by some people’s standards that he can’t even go out drinking with friends and that there are those in this world who will try to inflate these issues into something that they are not, and that those perceptions can impact his current vocation.

Or as you say, it could be that he just doesn’t care enough or doesn’t have the inner strength to change, and it will cost him the rest of his NFL career because he doesn't have it in him.
Definitely not. I think the broomstick thing was a satire account, but yeah, there were rumours he got tackled by a cop etc. and those were a massive exaggeration of the apparent truth. I hope he does clean himself up. I'm just skeptical he will at this point.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Carson, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, Sproles
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Agholor, Sanu, Higgins, D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Ian Thomas, Clay

CGW
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Kareem Hunt bar incident, pushing/shoving, cops talked to him. No charges or even police report filed

Postby CGW » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:44 pm

I'm sure this incident is/was blown out of proportion, like just about anything these days.

At the same time, saying this event is nothing would be wrong. Recovering alcoholics aren't found at bars getting into fights however minor it may seem. This does not bode well him on a personal level, let alone his athletic career.
Substance abuse is nothing new in professional sports. Hopefully for him, he is able to overcome it.
12 Team | Superflex | PPR | 6pt passing TD
25 Roster Spots
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Cousins, Darnold
RB | Gurley, Mixon, Henderson, Barber, R. Freeman, Singletary, Ballage, D. Thompson, Gaskin
WR | Adams, Evans, Harry, Washington, D. Johnson, Conley, Slayton, Amendola, A. Miller
TE | Herndon, Andrews, Everett, Sternberger, Moreau

10 Team | Superflex | PPR
25 Roster Spots
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Rodgers, Murray, Foles, Minshew
RB | Chubb, Montgomery, Guice, Singletary, Ballage, Edmonds, Murray, R. Jones, D. Thompson
WR | Cooks, Golladay, Godwin, Kirk, M. Brown, Arcega-Whiteside, Renfrow, Slayton, Reynolds
TE | Henry, Herndon, Andrews, Everett

Weknownothing86
Captain
Captain
Posts: 841
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:28 am

Re: Breaking- Kareem Hunt possible bar fight over the weekend

Postby Weknownothing86 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:05 pm

Bronco Billy wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:40 am
Bot101 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:26 am
Bronco Billy wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:59 am


Guess we’ll have to agree to disagree. I don’t see where there was any basis for the police to initiate an investigation - which seems to be the police position - whereas you believe that may have been. Some people just want to spin this molehill into a mountain (to what end, I wonder?). Geez, a 23 yr old out with friends getting drunk in the offseason. I’m sure glad that I wasn’t held to that standard as a condition for my employment.
Kareem Hunt isnt just your good ol 23 year old havin drinks with his buds. He doesnt get to operate by the same standards as he could before. Hes had multiple off the field issues pop up, he got fired from his last job for lying, hes on camera trying to attack a woman while drunk, he is in alcohol abuse treatment, hes acting like a reformed remodel, and now on camera yelling at police while drunk again. If the conditions of his employment are whatever the NFL and the Browns (or any other team) are what they are, he has to change whatever needs changing or he will be fired again. This enabling that fans allow is absolutely toxic. Im guessing you either are a Browns fan or have Hunt on one or more of your fantasy teams.
No, I was a kid once and made mistakes too. If the conditions of his employment are that he is not to drink in public, I have not seen that yet. And as I previously stated, he ought to be aware of his current status and not chumming the water for the nanny-statists and those who wish him ill for some kind of perverse satisfaction of seeing him terminated because he was out drinking with friends. But I also believe that a 23 yr old ought to be able to get drunk at a bar in his off time - so long as he is not infringing on others, breaking the law (unless you want to include public intoxication, which I’d prefer not to ) and it is not a specific condition of his employment.

Apparently you feel otherwise. I guess you live a life where you would be comfortable with groups of people having their cell phones out and documenting your every action because nothing you do has negative connotations and could be published all over the internet at any time without you having to worry about adverse consequences. I find that objectionable - like what happened to Hunt in this circumstance.
Its really quite simple, the more high profile of a job you have, the higher of a standard you are held to, that it, thats why he cant put himself anywhere near these situations. You cannot compare you situation as a 23 year old to his. Thats a silly argument. He is making millions of dollars and is in the public eye he needs to mature more quickly due to this. Its the situation he chose to be in by choosing to go into football. While i agree this situation is nothing, he should not be putting himself anywhere near these sorts of situations to begin with. In fact what he should be doing is staying out of bars entirely and have his friends over his house if he wants to hang out, he can go to bars once he is good and ready to say no to an alcoholic drink. Also these "friends" of his are also not real friends if they are bringing him out to these sorts of situations to begin with. Im not saying what he did is wrong, but it is ridiculously stupid of him and speaks to him just being a knucklehead in general, like Zeke, except with half the talent and less than half the security.
If i have to explain my screen name to you than you dont understand Fantasy Football.

User avatar
TampaBay216
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 265
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:05 pm

Re: Kareem Hunt bar incident, pushing/shoving, cops talked to him. No charges or even police report filed

Postby TampaBay216 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:12 pm

I’m not certain there were any witnesses questioned by police, as I didn’t stay. I only know for a fact he was messed up at a VIP table downtown, which I assume was from alcohol consumption.
I also heard today, from a friend at work, that one of the girls he was with who went back to the after party that night, witnessed him beat the guy that he had a previous altercation with at the bar. The girl is a hairdresser that works with my buddies wife, so take what you will from that. This isn’t a fact, just hearsay, but still not a good look obviously.
Team 1
12 team IDP Full PPR 32 man roster starting:
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2Flex 3DL 3LB 3DB 1K

QB: A. Luck, J. Winston

RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, J. Mixon, N. Hines, D. Harris, J. Hill, R. Armstead, J. Richard, D. Thompson

WR: M. Evans, J. Smith-Schuster, A. Cooper, C. Davis, C. Godwin, R. Anderson, J. Washington, A.J. Brown, H. Butler

TE: OJ Howard

DL: D. Hunter, D. Barnett, N/A

LB: K. Alexander, R. Smith, J. Schobert, M. Jack

CB: H. Smith, H. Clinton-Dix, K. Neal

K: N/A

Team 2
12 Team Full PPR 23 man rostering:
1QB 2RB 3WR 2Flex 1TE 1Def 1K

QB: D. Prescott, M. Trubisky

RB: L. Bell, Christian McCaffery, K. Johnson, L. Murray, D. Thompson, J. Jackson

WR: D. Adams, OBJ, D. Pettis, G. Allison, D. Moncrief, J. Washington, MVS, Q. Enunwa, M. Sanu, J. Ross, T. Quinn

TE: V. McDonald, J. Graham

Def: Chargers Cowboys

Online
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11299
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Kareem Hunt bar incident, pushing/shoving, cops talked to him. No charges or even police report filed

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:56 pm

TampaBay216 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:12 pm
I’m not certain there were any witnesses questioned by police, as I didn’t stay. I only know for a fact he was messed up at a VIP table downtown, which I assume was from alcohol consumption.
I also heard today, from a friend at work, that one of the girls he was with who went back to the after party that night, witnessed him beat the guy that he had a previous altercation with at the bar. The girl is a hairdresser that works with my buddies wife, so take what you will from that. This isn’t a fact, just hearsay, but still not a good look obviously.
I've seen something about the other party possibly pressing charges, but nothing verified. Some Reddit account. Most likely a fake account or something, but who knows. Looking at the guys post history, he was ahead of the curve on Manziel being released, and Gordon going to rehab, but until I hear anything concrete, I don't believe it. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut.....as they say. Guy said it would most likely be done yesterday, so probably bogus. I only brought it up because you mentioned this stuff about the after party. All hearsay, though. That's the problem with 2nd hand accounts. A few days ago it was rumoured he was chased and tackled by cops etc. So people either put out fake news, or it's like that game "telephone" we played when we were a kid. By the time the information is passed through a bunch of different people. it's completely different to the original.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Carson, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, Sproles
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Agholor, Sanu, Higgins, D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Ian Thomas, Clay

Jigga94
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6154
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: Kareem Hunt bar incident, pushing/shoving, cops talked to him. No charges or even police report filed

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:31 pm

CGW wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:44 pm
I'm sure this incident is/was blown out of proportion, like just about anything these days.

At the same time, saying this event is nothing would be wrong. Recovering alcoholics aren't found at bars getting into fights however minor it may seem. This does not bode well him on a personal level, let alone his athletic career.
Substance abuse is nothing new in professional sports. Hopefully for him, he is able to overcome it.
/Thread
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - 14 Keepers
QB: Mahomes, Baker, D. Jones, Minshew, Luck (IR)
RB: Sony, D. Freeman, Penny, Mostert, J. Jackson, Snell, Gus
WR: Tyreek, Julio, D.J. Moore, Cooks, Hollywood, C. Davis, MVS, Parris, Dorsett, Preston (IR)
TE: Andrews, Henry, Fant, Irv
2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 4

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - 20 Keepers
QB: Dak, Ryan, Foles, Minshew, Cam (IR)
RB: CMC, Jacobs, Hunt, Penny, J. Samuels, J. Jackson
WR: D.J. Moore, Mike Will, Hollywood, Deebo, C. Davis, MVS, Diontae, Lazard, AB, Parris (IR)
TE: Andrews, Henry, Jonnu, Gesicki
2020: 1, 2, 2
2021: 1, 1, 2, 3


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests