Rojo Value

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Rojo Value

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:33 am

Of course Licht is gonna talk him up........
1.) He wants to cover his own butt
2.) He wants to build Rojo's confidence
3.) They have no one else

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:35 am

Ronald Jones was an absolute disaster last year. Nothing short of a train wreck. He was scared, overwhelmed and totally lost. It's next to impossible for a RB to be that bad and then become an NFL starter.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:35 am

Space Cowboy wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:35 am Ronald Jones was an absolute disaster last year. Nothing short of a train wreck. He was scared, overwhelmed and totally lost. It's next to impossible for a RB to be that bad and then become an NFL starter.
Gamble I am happy to take on a 21 yr old with little opportunity to show what he could do year 1. For the right price I guess. I still think better than 50-50 he turns into a fantasy starter RB1/2 border.

I mean Barber wasn't very good either and he knew the system
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:20 pm

maxhyde wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:35 am
Space Cowboy wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:35 am Ronald Jones was an absolute disaster last year. Nothing short of a train wreck. He was scared, overwhelmed and totally lost. It's next to impossible for a RB to be that bad and then become an NFL starter.
Gamble I am happy to take on a 21 yr old with little opportunity to show what he could do year 1. For the right price I guess. I still think better than 50-50 he turns into a fantasy starter RB1/2 border.

50/50 he becomes an RB1/RB2? :shock:

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:02 pm

Well, he wasn't given an opportunity because he was...awful. Yes, TB's offensive line wasn't good last year either, but Jones made too many mistakes and couldn't get on the field because of it.

Players can get better, though the odds are pretty long of Jones becoming a good player seem low. But, given the price there's worse things to buy.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:00 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:20 pm

Yeah. Arians has always been able to shape an offense around what his players do best. I think coaching is a big part of success. I mean any Andy Reid RB is valuable. I think Arians does things offensively playing to player strengths
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:11 pm

maxhyde wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:00 pm

Yeah. Arians has always been able to shape an offense around what his players do best. I think coaching is a big part of success. I mean any Andy Reid RB is valuable. I think Arians does things offensively playing to player strengths
I believe coaches can maximize talent, but not manufacture it. We'll have a better idea of where RoJo stands after this season. :thumbup:

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:05 pm

remedy29 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:28 am I'm not sure how much of a blatant lie it was, Tampa Bay got to start their phase 1 program early on April 1st, due to knew coaching staff, for 2 weeks with the strength and conditioning coaches. That story was on April 16th.
I'm puzzled. You question that it was blatant lie, then three commas after that you yourself explain how it was a blatant lie.

Strength and conditioning trainers were the only 'coaches' permitted to attend those practices. April 16th is two weeks into April. Thus, neither Arians, nor Leftwich, or any of the actual new coaching staff had watched Jones practice at all when Licht made his comment to the reporters. S&C trainers aren't on the staff to evaluate football.

Fun fact: I was once a S&C trainer for the Lady Vols basketball team, for a couple of years in the mid aughts. Never played any organized basketball in my life. My high-level competitive athletic background was soccer. xD
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:36 am

ninotoreS wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:05 pm
remedy29 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:28 am I'm not sure how much of a blatant lie it was, Tampa Bay got to start their phase 1 program early on April 1st, due to knew coaching staff, for 2 weeks with the strength and conditioning coaches. That story was on April 16th.
I'm puzzled. You question that it was blatant lie, then three commas after that you yourself explain how it was a blatant lie.

Strength and conditioning trainers were the only 'coaches' permitted to attend those practices. April 16th is two weeks into April. Thus, neither Arians, nor Leftwich, or any of the actual new coaching staff had watched Jones practice at all when Licht made his comment to the reporters. S&C trainers aren't on the staff to evaluate football.

Fun fact: I was once a S&C trainer for the Lady Vols basketball team, for a couple of years in the mid aughts. Never played any organized basketball in my life. My high-level competitive athletic background was soccer. xD
So the coaches get in the door on April 15th, talk to a beat reporter and say they are impressed with Ron Jones. This is the stupidest of debates. And you do know the head coach is in the facility during the first two weeks of April doing classroom work? Seems your oblivious to that fact.

So Arians praises Jones on his confidence and attitude, not his ability to pick up a blitz or run between the tackles, run routes or catch passes. Where exactly is the blatant lie?

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:08 am

IZigUZag wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:11 pm
maxhyde wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:00 pm

I believe coaches can maximize talent, but not manufacture it. We'll have a better idea of where RoJo stands after this season. :thumbup:
Agree that we’ll all know much more about Rojo after this season. Last year was a train wreck for T.B. on many levels. Coaching, play calling, execution of plays, o-line, qb play, etc. I’m not of the belief that Rojo is an elite talent by any means but I also understand that he does have talent. At least talent enough to have been USC’s best rb option and enough talent to be drafted somewhat early (round 2,pick 6) into the league I don’t think at all tha Arians has to manufacture anything as far as talent. He just has to put his skill position players in a role to maximize their strengths and minimize their weaknesses. Something he (as a head coach who is offensive minded- is good at.). Rojo could very easily be a decent Rb2 or Rb3 / depth guy, in fantasy under Arians system. He obviously has a low floor (as we’ve seen), but his ceiling still remains potentially fantasy viable. Those that dig their heals in too quickly on 20 year old athletes are missing much of what dynasty formats are all about. Too much need for immediate gratification.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:47 pm

The real blatant lie would be claiming this player is a RB 1 at the NFL level which is where many drafted him.

He simply isn’t very good. Sell him if you can!
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:32 pm

Ice wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:47 pm The real blatant lie would be claiming this player is a RB 1 at the NFL level which is where many drafted him.

He simply isn’t very good. Sell him if you can!
Maybe not talent wise, but if Rojo gets lead back duties and can stay healthy with the amount of work Arians typically gives his lead back, I’m not so sure that he can’t get there on sheer volume. Arians had Andre Ellington on pace for 250 carries and 80 targets the year he started and even with the gutless efficiency, he was on pace for RB9.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:38 pm

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/p ... ay-in-2019

PFF seems to remain confident in Ronald Jones.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:46 am

Ronald Jones put on 13 pounds of muscle this offseason.

Jones is now up to 221 pounds after playing at 208 last season. "I’ve put on a lot of pounds of muscle," said the 2018 second-rounder. "I’ve been training with my guy, eating four or five meals a day, protein shakes right after workouts. I’m bigger." Jones has reportedly been a standout this offseason and should have a good chance to unseat career plodder Peyton Barber as the Bucs' lead back. However, fantasy owners may want to pump the brakes a bit coming off a disastrous rookie season that included just 77 yards on 30 touches.

What do we make of this? Usually, RBs are losing weight to gain value in the off season. What now?

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:03 am

Since he dealt with injuries his rookie year; I imagine it is just trying to toughen up and get his durability.
I like it for him, personally. Especially since Arians likes his RBs around that weight.