Sleeper Platform

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
DynastyDrum30
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Sleeper Platform

Postby DynastyDrum30 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:09 am

My league has transitioned from MFL to Sleeper this offseason and we've been really impressed with the user-friendly interface, depth of player info, vastly superior mobile app, enhanced leagues communication, and quick customer service.

I've had to ask two questions to customer service so far, and both times they have responded within the hour.

If some of you have questions that you can't find answers to, shoot their customer support a message: support@sleeper.app
10 man league; .5 PPR; .5 TE Premium
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/Flex/K/Team D) - 28 Man Rosters

Roster Highlights:

QB: Burrow, Purdy, Love

RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, Z. Charbonnet, AJ Dillon, Penny, D. Foreman, T Allgier, Z. White, E. Hull

WR: Chase, Lamb, Olave, T. Higgins, Diontae, Chark

TE: LaPorta, Pitts, Goedert, Schoonmaker

Picks:
2024: 4.06
2025: None

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:59 pm

Just to update my comment on IR slots. Feedback from Sleeper said that they don’t roll their IR guys until July 1st. Next year they will be rolling them over right after the draft.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:59 pm

I just convinced my "friends" league to switch over (we were still running on NFL.com, yuck) and everyone is loving it so far. I'll update later in the year but so far so good.

Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Postby Pet_Smith » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:37 am

Basic - but it hasn't been mentioned before:

Is scoring fully customisable? And does it support IDP?
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad
'17 Champ, '18 Runner Up, '23 rebuild

QB Watson, A Richardson, O' Connel (TS)
RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
TE Higbee, Freirmuth, Otton (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:08 am

Pet_Smith wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:37 am Basic - but it hasn't been mentioned before:

Is scoring fully customisable? And does it support IDP?
My league is idp, I didn't set up the scoring but I believe it's all changeable.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:23 am

What are the negatives of Sleeper?

There's definitely a market opportunity for a solid dynasty platform...
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:05 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:23 am What are the negatives of Sleeper?

I havent played on Sleeper in season yet. Pretty new so I cant comment on the in season scoring. The only "flaw" I can see is it doesnt have the nuanced customization that MFL has. If you even call that a flaw.

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:19 am

Would agree. I am anxious to see how well the in season plays out. Their projection source seems to be an odd ball so curious to see how that aligns with reality although i will use outside sources for those projections anyways. I really havent had any negative feedback so far from my league. Just the typical learning curve of a new layout.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:21 am

Bot101 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:05 am

I havent played on Sleeper in season yet. Pretty new so I cant comment on the in season scoring. The only "flaw" I can see is it doesnt have the nuanced customization that MFL has. If you even call that a flaw.
Pretty much this. I do think leagues will have to simplify some things if you've been taking advantage of a full suite of customizations available on MFL. For instance, our league has to simplify the weekly waiver wire schedule and manually track all-play record, at least for the time being.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

DynastyDrum30
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyDrum30 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:21 pm

The jury is still out for me, as this is our first season and I'm sure things will come up as the season progresses.

So far, we have noticed that Sleeper does not support a two week Super Bowl (however they say they are looking to add it for this season).

Some of the scoring options are less customizable (ex: we award bonus pts for TDs of 50+ yds - sleeper only allows for 40+).

A few other small things, but overall, our league feels the gains we've made from switching so far (no league fee, vastly superior app, more player info, enhanced league communication, and user friendliness of the system, etc) far exceed these issues.

Roster Highlights:

RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, Z. Charbonnet, AJ Dillon, Penny, D. Foreman, T Allgier, Z. White, E. Hull

Picks:

Jvanspro
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Jvanspro » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:36 pm

Our league moved over to Sleeper this season and I've been quite impressed so far. There are a couple of kinks they are working out but the CS support has been fantastic. Everyone in the league is thrilled, we no longer have to bang our heads against the wall trying to use MFL. That site is terrible and not user friendly at all IMO.

DynastyDrum30
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyDrum30 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:40 pm

Jvanspro wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:36 pm Our league moved over to Sleeper this season and I've been quite impressed so far. There are a couple of kinks they are working out but the CS support has been fantastic. Everyone in the league is thrilled, we no longer have to bang our heads against the wall trying to use MFL. That site is terrible and not user friendly at all IMO.
Agree 100%. We don't have a very complex league and I'm sure MFL is much better for those. But for us, Sleeper is way better in almost every regard thus far.

Roster Highlights:

Picks:

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:47 pm

I asked about double and triple headers. They responded within hours on SUNDAY, and said that while it won't be possible this year, it's on their list.

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:02 pm

When you say bang your head against the wall, is it from a commish point of view? I don't feel frustrated using it, but I am not a mish
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:05 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:47 pm I asked about double and triple headers. They responded within hours on SUNDAY, and said that while it won't be possible this year, it's on their list.
Awesome. Definitely something to monitor. I just stepped down this year after two years as commish of my MFL league, and the new commish is already at his wit’s end dealing with their non-intuitive back-end functionality. Haha.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0