Rojo Value

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Rojo Value

Postby Phaded » Wed May 29, 2019 1:43 pm

The comments from Winston that jumped out to me more than anything was where it sounded like a big time coaching issue last year too.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Thu May 30, 2019 3:58 pm

Phaded wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:43 pm The comments from Winston that jumped out to me more than anything was where it sounded like a big time coaching issue last year too.
I saw that too. I mean it isn't as though the Bucs were good overall. Disharmony is the work place can make good employees look terrible. I think most of us can attest to that.

Arians has at least appeared to be the opposite of that previously. That spells good things for all the players in Tampa. I think all this spells out some solid value change for Rojo.

FantasyDumDum
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyDumDum » Fri May 31, 2019 3:11 pm

Obviously sharks know RoJo is a buy right now at his basement level price. But just to hammer it home, I compiled a few quotes from the spring about the 21 year old RB...

HC Arians:

“One of the things I’m anticipating, I’m really excited about is getting on the field with all our guys but especially Ronald Jones, to see how much he can do of what we did in Arizona.”

"Some really young players really stepped up, especially Ronald Jones. He had a really good day today. I really enjoy watching where he's at right now in the backfield."

"We can still see his vision. RoJo made a couple of really nice cutbacks today. We don't run a ball a lot in these periods. Maybe we had nine running plays today, but he took full advantage of his, that's for sure. "

GM Licht:

“Ronald Jones has impressed the coaching staff more than any other player so far this spring.”

“I expect Ronald Jones to have a big jump this year”

“Arians has gone on record talking about Peyton and I would say that our -- probably right now, the guy that we're all collective the most impressed with right now is Rojo. Just his attitude, his willingness to do extra and you can just see the confidence rising in him.”

QB Winston:

“I would say RoJo has been showing out. His confidence, his comfort, RoJo’s a smart guy. He’s getting comfortable in this offense. No one is breathing down his neck. He’s more relaxed and executing at a high level.”

“RoJo has made drastic improvements.”
10 team, .5ppr, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: CMC, D Williams, Drake, Guice, Penny, RoJo, Breida, I Smith, Edmonds
WR: AB, ARob, Ridley, Jeffery, Shepard, Pettis, Miller, Washington, MVS, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Herndon, Andrews

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Fri May 31, 2019 3:24 pm

Would trade derrell Henderson for RoJo if you were receiving rojo
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Fri May 31, 2019 11:37 pm

FantasyDumDum wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 3:11 pm Obviously sharks know RoJo is a buy right now at his basement level price. But just to hammer it home, I compiled a few quotes from the spring about the 21 year old RB...

HC Arians:

“One of the things I’m anticipating, I’m really excited about is getting on the field with all our guys but especially Ronald Jones, to see how much he can do of what we did in Arizona.”

"Some really young players really stepped up, especially Ronald Jones. He had a really good day today. I really enjoy watching where he's at right now in the backfield."

"We can still see his vision. RoJo made a couple of really nice cutbacks today. We don't run a ball a lot in these periods. Maybe we had nine running plays today, but he took full advantage of his, that's for sure. "

GM Licht:

“Ronald Jones has impressed the coaching staff more than any other player so far this spring.”

“Arians has gone on record talking about Peyton and I would say that our -- probably right now, the guy that we're all collective the most impressed with right now is Rojo. Just his attitude, his willingness to do extra and you can just see the confidence rising in him.”

QB Winston:

“I would say RoJo has been showing out. His confidence, his comfort, RoJo’s a smart guy. He’s getting comfortable in this offense. No one is breathing down his neck. He’s more relaxed and executing at a high level.”

“RoJo has made drastic improvements.”
And that's just in gym shorts. Just imagine what he could accomplish once they put the pads on.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:50 am

Lol
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:40 pm

Where does his value sit post OTAs? Anyone seen any recent trades?

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:07 pm

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:34 pm

Phaded wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:07 pm Per DLF's trade finder.
I'm just a regular tool. Not a premium tool.

Jetsfan06
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Jetsfan06 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:46 am

Lumps wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:40 pm Where does his value sit post OTAs? Anyone seen any recent trades?
There seems to be a crowd that actually wants to buy him now, albeit for cheap. But just a few months ago no one wanted to buy him period.

QB's - Dak Prescott, Matthew Stafford, Brock Purdy, Mac Jones
RB's - Ken Walker, Javonte Williams, James Conner, James Cook, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Kenneth Gainwell, Rico Dowdle, Rashaad Penny
WR's - Amon-ra St Brown, DK Metcalf, Diontae Johnson, Gave Davis, Joshua Palmer, Curtis Samuel, Michael Wilson, Marvin Mims, Rashod Bateman, Dontayvion Wicks.
TE's - George Kittle, Dalton Schultz, Isaiah Likely, Juwan Johnson
Taxi: Demario Douglas, Cedric Tillman, David Bell.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:09 am

I sold him for Quincy Enunwa

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:04 am

Jetsfan06 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:46 am
Lumps wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:40 pm Where does his value sit post OTAs? Anyone seen any recent trades?
There seems to be a crowd that actually wants to buy him now, albeit for cheap. But just a few months ago no one wanted to buy him period.
I think I agree with this. Could easily get him cheap a bit ago, but some are just now catching onto that. So they want to still buy at that, even though his value has changed.

A guy in my league said he owns him in another league. "I've never received so many crap offers for a single player before."

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:22 am

Just picked him up for relatively cheap in a startup. I think those that hold him won't get anything near what they need to move him right now. For me, I'm holding him unless I were to get a 2020 1st in return. If he busts again, Barber is pretty cheap right now.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:02 am

Reportedly, RoJo has done better in this year's padless practices than in last year's. More specifically, he's been better with his pass-catching reps. I'm talking about minicamp.
Hottoddies wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 11:37 pm And that's just in gym shorts. Just imagine what he could accomplish once they put the pads on.
Is this sarcasm? It's easier to impress in shorts than in pads. A 205lbs player that isn't decent in shorts isn't long for the NFL.
FantasyDumDum wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 3:11 pm GM Licht:

Everyone should throw away what Licht says about Jones, because he's not trustworthy. What he said about Jones impressing the new coaching staff back in mid April (your first quote) was a flagrant lie.

It's a confirmed lie because the coaching staff wasn't allowed to attend those practices in April, per NFL rules.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:28 am

ninotoreS wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:02 am Reportedly, RoJo has done better in this year's padless practices than in last year's. More specifically, he's been better with his pass-catching reps. I'm talking about minicamp.
Hottoddies wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 11:37 pm And that's just in gym shorts. Just imagine what he could accomplish once they put the pads on.
Is this sarcasm? It's easier to impress in shorts than in pads. A 205lbs player that isn't decent in shorts isn't long for the NFL.
FantasyDumDum wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 3:11 pm GM Licht:

Everyone should throw away what Licht says about Jones, because he's not trustworthy. What he said about Jones impressing the new coaching staff back in mid April (your first quote) was a flagrant lie.

It's a confirmed lie because the coaching staff wasn't allowed to attend those practices in April, per NFL rules.
I'm not sure how much of a blatant lie it was, Tampa Bay got to start their phase 1 program early on April 1st, due to knew coaching staff, for 2 weeks with the strength and conditioning coaches. That story was on April 16th.

What's the big deal with coaches saying they are impressed with him? Should they call him a bum? None of it matters, Ron Jones needs to prove it on the field at this point.