The Tyreek Hill Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:53 pm

I’m still reading that he’s getting a minimum of 8 games. It’s all just speculation right now though.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:57 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:53 pm I’m still reading that he’s getting a minimum of 8 games. It’s all just speculation right now though.
From un-named sources on Twitter? I don't usually listen to Florio, but with his background as a lawyer, when it comes to this type of stuff, I tend to listen to him more. His litigation background makes his take more educated than other reporters. Curious to who your sources are? The idea that Hill is meeting with the league would be interesting, because the last I heard, they had not interviewed him yet, but were waiting for the CPA investigation to finish.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:04 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:57 pm
Cowboysfan33 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:53 pm I’m still reading that he’s getting a minimum of 8 games. It’s all just speculation right now though.
From un-named sources on Twitter? I don't usually listen to Florio, but with his background as a lawyer, when it comes to this type of stuff, I tend to listen to him more. His litigation background makes his take more educated than other reporters. Curious to who your sources are? The idea that Hill is meeting with the league would be interesting, because the last I heard, they had not interviewed him yet, but were waiting for the CPA investigation to finish.
Yeah, I read it on Twitter. Who knows if it means anything? I just wonder if they’ll make a ruling before training camp and if the NFL doesn’t, what will the Chiefs do?

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:07 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:14 pm Especially those of us who bought him for a 2020 3rd.

Lol
Noice.
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Harrison, TILLMAN, Marshall, Jefferson TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington KRAFT PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC RB—BIJAN, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, HULL, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Allen, TILLMAN, Boyd, Woods, HUTCHINSON, DOUGLAS TE—Kelce, Kmet, Schultz, Parham PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Howell RB—BIJAN, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, HULL, GRAY WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, Myers, Hardman, Reynolds BOUTTE TE—Kmet, Smith, Hurst, Ertz, KRAFT PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: BIJAN, BRob, ZWhite, Hines, TDP, McLaughlin WR: Higgins, JSN, JWilliams, DJM, RMoore, DOWNS, Atwell, TILLMAN, BOUTTE, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, CJONES TE: Trautman, Ferguson, KRAFT, Hooper

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:14 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:04 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:57 pm
Yeah, I read it on Twitter. Who knows if it means anything? I just wonder if they’ll make a ruling before training camp and if the NFL doesn’t, what will the Chiefs do?
Yeah, I wonder how long the CPA investigation will take. Does everyone just stand pat if it goes on for months? If the Chiefs take him off suspension, there is a good chance the NFL puts him on the exempt list. This suspension will be really set the bar for a lot of things. This is really the first high profile case where they can use a players charges in college against him. It should be interesting. I doubt Roger Goodell wants to be remembered for this, and it is the NFL's 100th year. I'm sure he's not happy this situation is so prevalent. That's why I'm thinking it will be at least 8, probably more.

You have the admission of using a hand and belt on the child, the CPA taking the child away due to creating an unsafe environment for the child, and the threats, PLUS the college history which can be used as a factor in the severity of this. That's what is known. Then you have all the interviews etc. that they will conduct with a variety of different people around the situation where they might find even more. I just can't see it being a slap on the wrist. I would be shocked, and think the NFL would receive a ton of negative press for a lenient suspension. That audio is powerful, too. Everyone who is a football fan has heard it. Whether people like it or not, just like with a video, it makes it more ingrained int to the fabric of the situation, it can be recalled at any time. It's more powerful than just some report claiming he said something like that. If Hill hasn't even been interviewed yet, though, then they are clearly not even close to a decision on the matter.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:19 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:14 pm Especially those of us who bought him for a 2020 3rd.

Lol
That's an awesome get. Good for you :thumbup:
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:43 pm

So now that my rookie draft is complete I essentially sold Hill + Isabella

for

Boyd + Sanders + Justice Hill + Darwin Thompson + 11th or 12th overall pick in 2020.

Im happier with that trade today than I was when I made it.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:52 pm

Bot101 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:43 pm So now that my rookie draft is complete I essentially sold Hill + Isabella

for

Boyd + Sanders + Justice Hill + Darwin Thompson + 11th or 12th overall pick in 2020.

That's actually really good. Justice and Isabella are pretty similar in current value, so it's like Hill for Boyd, Sanders, and a late first. Plus Darwin. So that's basically two early 2019 firsts plus a 2020 late first in value for Hill. That's great value.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:58 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:52 pm
Bot101 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:43 pm So now that my rookie draft is complete I essentially sold Hill + Isabella

for

That's actually really good. Justice and Isabella are pretty similar in current value, so it's like Hill for Boyd, Sanders, and a late first. Plus Darwin. So that's basically two early 2019 firsts plus a 2020 late first in value for Hill. That's great value.
Yeah I think so too. Even if hes completely exonerated and never serves any suspension I am happy with the return.

There were a bunch of minor moves that I didnt include but that was the end result.

Slevin Kelevra
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Slevin Kelevra » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:58 pm

Wrong.

2 to 4.

Slevin Kelevra
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Slevin Kelevra » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:59 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:57 pm I don't usually listen to Florio, but with his background as a lawyer, when it comes to this type of stuff, I tend to listen to him more.
LOL

Slevin Kelevra
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Slevin Kelevra » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:03 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:14 pm

Yeah, I wonder how long the CPA investigation will take. Does everyone just stand pat if it goes on for months? If the Chiefs take him off suspension, there is a good chance the NFL puts him on the exempt list. This suspension will be really set the bar for a lot of things. This is really the first high profile case where they can use a players charges in college against him. It should be interesting. I doubt Roger Goodell wants to be remembered for this, and it is the NFL's 100th year. I'm sure he's not happy this situation is so prevalent. That's why I'm thinking it will be at least 8, probably more.
Please stop.....

NFL already had a meeting with Tyreek recently, he's working on getting his kid back and 99.9% will be at the Chiefs training camp next July.

4 games dropped to 2 is the likely scenario here.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:05 pm

Slevin Kelevra wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:03 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:14 pm

Please stop.....

NFL already had a meeting with Tyreek recently, he's working on getting his kid back and 99.9% will be at the Chiefs training camp next July.

4 games dropped to 2 is the likely scenario here.
Why is your opinion OK to post but not mine? I'm not stopping anything. I'm reiterating a lot of what I have heard about the situation by Florio, who is an ex lawyer, and I think his take is reputable in this situation, based on the known facts. I could certainly see him at Chiefs training camp next July, not sure about this July. Show your facts and sources on these "meetings" and the topic of them and what was discussed, and your mathematical equation on your "likely scenario", and your 99.9 percent findings, or else don't try to mute me. You're entitled to your opinion, and I to mine. Thanks.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:15 pm

Slevin Kelevra wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:59 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:57 pm I don't usually listen to Florio, but with his background as a lawyer, when it comes to this type of stuff, I tend to listen to him more.
LOL
Not a very well thought out response and argument. Look, if you have Hill on your roster, and want him to get a small suspension rather than a lengthy one, that's great. But when you make a post in response to someone, have a point. Simply typing LOL (unless they are making a joke) shows you have no argument, and are simply trying to belittle the other poster.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:52 pm

Slevin Kelevra wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:58 pm
Wrong.

2 to 4.
That’s not what I’ve been reading. 8 games with a chance to reduce to 6. Hopefully we will find out soon enough.