Antonio Callaway

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Antonio Callaway -- buy or sell

Postby jcc6fd » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:45 am

ninotoreS wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:04 am
moishetreats wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:19 pm Say that you get what you consider a market value offer for him
I sell, no hesitation.

I believe Cleveland takes another WR with a Day 1 or 2 pick next year. Callaway hasn't shown enough as a rookie to convince management he should be the long-term plan along side Landry at WR
Landry hasn’t exactly been lighting the world on fire.
But they paid him a lot so the leash is long.

In some ways I get the concerns related to buying Callaway at market value. He was overvalued in a weak WR class with talk that he was the most talented WR who only fell due to past indisgressions. So the dynasty community jumped on him looking for the next Tyreek type value. If that thought process lingers he’s a sell or avoid because he was over priced.

However if he’s available for a late 2nd he could be a buy. His connection with Baker can grow, and he’s already been counted on to do a lot and he’s still just a rookie. We don’t know if the Browns will look to upgrade or replace him, and I think it’s reasonably possible they view him as their long term WR2. He could have siginificantly more production in what should be an ascending offense in the near future.

Price, as always, is key context for these debates.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:18 am

Drafted in the 20th round of a new league this year and got him for a 3rd round pick a few weeks ago in another league so I don't have a ton invested but he's in both my leagues below. No one on here (including myself) can effectively judge wide receivers during their rookie season. The great ones Michael Thomas, OBJ, Hopkins, Julio, Green all showed they were going to be great from the get go but other than that it takes WRs tell year 2, even 3 to really get things going. Callaway is in a large group that includes Gallup, Washington, Smith, the Green Bay guys, Pettis, Kirk and others that might be good they might not. Probably just a couple will be fantasy relevant but its always nice to have a few lottery tickets.
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:18 am

Drafted in the 20th round of a new league this year and got him for a 3rd round pick a few weeks ago in another league so I don't have a ton invested but he's in both my leagues below. No one on here (including myself) can effectively judge wide receivers during their rookie season. The great ones Michael Thomas, OBJ, Hopkins, Julio, Green all showed they were going to be great from the get go but other than that it takes WRs tell year 2, even 3 to really get things going. Callaway is in a large group that includes Gallup, Washington, Smith, the Green Bay guys, Pettis, Kirk and others that might be good they might not. Probably just a couple will be fantasy relevant but its always nice to have a few lottery tickets.
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:34 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:45 am Landry hasn’t exactly been lighting the world on fire.
But they paid him a lot so the leash is long.
I think Landry's done okay considering he's breaking in a rookie QB. His tape grades this year are a bit down from his usual standard, though.

The leash is long until 2020. For now, I expect his production to improve in tandem with Mayfield's ascent.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Ukcody83
Rookie
Rookie

Antonio Callaway

Postby Ukcody83 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:50 am

What do you Callaway owners plan on doing with him now that OBJ is in Cleveland? I was extremely high on his possible upside and made sure to get him last year but there doesn’t appear to be many targets available for him any time soon
10 team non ppr

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson

RB: Nick Chubb,Leonard Fournette, Derrick Henry, Josh Jacobs,Chase Edmonds

WR: Tyreek Hill, Allen Robinson,Hollywood Brown,Curtis Samuel,,Courtland Sutton,Christian Kirk,,Diontae Johnson,Antonio Brown

TE: Austin Hooper,Dallas Goedert,Noah Fant,Tyler Higbee,OJ Howard

2020 draft picks 1.2,1.4,1.8

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Antonio Callaway

Postby Bot101 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:58 am

Hes a hold. Nobody is buying. And hes a very talented player who was shoved into a heavy usage role before he was ready. OBJ doesnt have a good track record of health and Monkens offense needs a vertical threat.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:17 am

Exceedingly talented in an explosive offense but two very talented guys in front of him.

I see three possible answers:
a) Is barely startable, except in best ball or insanely deep leagues
b) The Browns WR trio mimics the Rams WR trio
c) An injury happens and then his production skyrockets

The good thing is that he is a deep threat and could see some long TDs.

That said; I would not be shocked if they regularly run 3 WR sets with OBJ & Callaway outside and Landry in the slot.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:31 am

Phaded wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:17 am Exceedingly talented in an explosive offense but two very talented guys in front of him.

I see three possible answers:
a) Is barely startable, except in best ball or insanely deep leagues
b) The Browns WR trio mimics the Rams WR trio
c) An injury happens and then his production skyrockets

The good thing is that he is a deep threat and could see some long TDs.

That said; I would not be shocked if they regularly run 3 WR sets with OBJ & Callaway outside and Landry in the slot.
Agree. Godwin had 64% snap count to Humphries 70% last year under Monken. Worst case scenario is probably around 50% which is where Higgins would’ve ended up had he not missed three games.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

smallxl
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smallxl » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:38 pm

You have to hold Callaway. Unless you get an overpay. An injury in front of him and his value will jump
22-man, 12-team, 1 pt-PPR; Start 1-2RB; 3-4 WR; 1-2 TE

TEAM 1
QB: Prescott, Foles
RB: Barkley, P Barber, Duke, Gio Bernard, Gus, C Thompson, Breida, Ekeler
WR: A Cooper, Cooks, Lockett, C. Davis, Crowder, Chark, Stills
TE: OJ Howard

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:07 pm

Callaway will pop a few long ones, but I don't think his quality of receiving skills matches his quality of speed. His hands seemed very questionable to me. I don't see Mayfield locking onto him in any way
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

Ukcody83
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Ukcody83 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:58 pm

The replies here have actually made me feel much better about owning him than I had been.Glad to see others still believe he has big talent
10 team non ppr

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson

RB: Nick Chubb,Leonard Fournette, Derrick Henry, Josh Jacobs,Chase Edmonds

WR: Tyreek Hill, Allen Robinson,Hollywood Brown,Curtis Samuel,,Courtland Sutton,Christian Kirk,,Diontae Johnson,Antonio Brown

TE: Austin Hooper,Dallas Goedert,Noah Fant,Tyler Higbee,OJ Howard

2020 draft picks 1.2,1.4,1.8

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:32 pm

I'm projecting Higgins to win the #3 WR job over Callaway and others. Baker has developed sneaky rapport with Higgins, and I'm surprised that seems to be going under the radar, because it's all over the tape.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:15 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:32 pm I'm projecting Higgins to win the #3 WR job over Callaway and others. Baker has developed sneaky rapport with Higgins, and I'm surprised that seems to be going under the radar, because it's all over the tape.
Rishard Higgins 88% dominator, 92% breakout age.... 0 athleticism.... hyppeeeeee :thumbup:

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:46 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:15 pm
ninotoreS wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:32 pm I'm projecting Higgins to win the #3 WR job over Callaway and others. Baker has developed sneaky rapport with Higgins, and I'm surprised that seems to be going under the radar, because it's all over the tape.
Rishard Higgins 88% dominator, 92% breakout age.... 0 athleticism.... hyppeeeeee :thumbup:
Has Jeff Janis' 98th percentile athleticism gotten him a job this offseason?

Bottom line, Higgins has been with the 1s all OTAs and minicamp.

https://twitter.com/clevezirm/status/11 ... 7378511872
https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/1133830637876592645
https://twitter.com/dan_labbe/status/11 ... 9812543489
https://twitter.com/dan_labbe/status/11 ... 4852574214 (local Browns reporter)
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:56 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:46 pm
IZigUZag wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:15 pm
Has Jeff Janis' 98th percentile athleticism gotten him a job this offseason?

Bottom line, Higgins has been with the 1s all OTAs and minicamp.

https://twitter.com/clevezirm/status/11 ... 7378511872
https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/1133830637876592645
https://twitter.com/dan_labbe/status/11 ... 9812543489
https://twitter.com/dan_labbe/status/11 ... 4852574214 (local Browns reporter)
Don't get me wrong. I'm a Higgins truther, and I think if he shows enough this season that might be enough for CLE to show Landry the door next offseason for Cap reasons.