The Le'Veon Bell Tolls ... To the Ravens

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Le'Veon Bell

Postby Lotto4Life » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:17 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:41 amThey played fans and media just like Washington did with Cousins.
There's a lot more to be written in this story, but as of now Washington played it right. They were 6-3 before their new QB got hurt, which derailed what was likely a division championship.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:00 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:03 am This deal makes Bell look foolish for sitting last season. He lost money.
Yes, That was foolish. He simply overestimated the market. The Steelers offer may not have had quite the guarantee but it seemed better. Walking away from 14.5 million last year was dumb no matter how you spin it. If the sky is falling is not a legit excuse.

Oh well, it is obvious now that the Steelers gave a legit offer so calling them out anymore isn't factual as it relates to Bell.

Good for the Jets and glad Bell did get a solid contract for a RB.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:48 pm

As far as his fantasy value is concerned. He wont be as good as he was with the steelers but I think this is a pretty good landing spot for him since he has a nice young Qb and is almost guaranteed to have 350+ touches. He may see some stacked boxes with out a big time WR core but I think the volume will make up for it.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:47 am

Weknownothing86 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:48 pm As far as his fantasy value is concerned. He wont be as good as he was with the steelers but I think this is a pretty good landing spot for him since he has a nice young Qb and is almost guaranteed to have 350+ touches. He may see some stacked boxes with out a big time WR core but I think the volume will make up for it.
I can't see any stacked boxes. The Jets don't have a big name receiver, but Enunwa and Crowder are both good route runners, Anderson is a really good vertical threat and Herndon is up and coming. There's threats on the field you have to respect.

The bigger concern is if the Jets line will actually improve. They were dead last in adjusted line yards. I know they added the guy from Oakland, but not sure that's enough. Either way, Bell is still a high end RB1 play next season because of the volume you mentioned and his elite receiving ability.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:53 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:47 am
Weknownothing86 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:48 pm As far as his fantasy value is concerned. He wont be as good as he was with the steelers but I think this is a pretty good landing spot for him since he has a nice young Qb and is almost guaranteed to have 350+ touches. He may see some stacked boxes with out a big time WR core but I think the volume will make up for it.
I can't see any stacked boxes. The Jets don't have a big name receiver, but Enunwa and Crowder are both good route runners, Anderson is a really good vertical threat and Herndon is up and coming. There's threats on the field you have to respect.

The bigger concern is if the Jets line will actually improve. They were dead last in adjusted line yards. I know they added the guy from Oakland, but not sure that's enough. Either way, Bell is still a high end RB1 play next season because of the volume you mentioned and his elite receiving ability.
Agree. Bell may not put numbers like he did but he did go to a pretty good situation.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:57 am

A better situation than not playing at all yes. A good situation - meh. I wouldn't call it "good". I think by some using the word good - they are saying he wont have any real competition for carries. I'd go so far as to say - this isn't a good situation. At best it is middle of the road.
He will very likely see stacked boxes. The wr corp for the NYJ is not horrible, but, it certainly is bottom 25%-30% of the league. They have a young Qb, No real #1 wr, No proven TE and a rb that has shown in the past that he is an elite wr. He will see stacked boxes. Defenses would be very smart to force Darnold to beat them. Having a spy on L.Bell would make sense as well. His situation is far from ideal and it will depend on volume. Low end rb1 numbers I think are still possible. I'd be shocked if he didn't get dinged up and miss a few games at some point in the later part of the season. If he is expected to handle 350-400 touches, after not playing at all last year, I'd be quite surprised if he made it through without missing time.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:53 am

JFever wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:57 am A better situation than not playing at all yes. A good situation - meh. I wouldn't call it "good". I think by some using the word good - they are saying he wont have any real competition for carries. I'd go so far as to say - this isn't a good situation. At best it is middle of the road.
He will very likely see stacked boxes. The wr corp for the NYJ is not horrible, but, it certainly is bottom 25%-30% of the league. They have a young Qb, No real #1 wr, No proven TE and a rb that has shown in the past that he is an elite wr. He will see stacked boxes. Defenses would be very smart to force Darnold to beat them. Having a spy on L.Bell would make sense as well. His situation is far from ideal and it will depend on volume. Low end rb1 numbers I think are still possible. I'd be shocked if he didn't get dinged up and miss a few games at some point in the later part of the season. If he is expected to handle 350-400 touches, after not playing at all last year, I'd be quite surprised if he made it through without missing time.
I thought he was crazy holding out and not staying with the Steelers personally. He was in an ideal situation. I think he got bad advice but in life many of us are like cows and think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.

He went to the only team that would pay him even close to what he thought he was worth. I do agree he will probably miss games. If memory serves 2014 was the only year he didn't miss games.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:00 am

Still though, for his current owners, At least he is going to play this year. I'm thinking his floor is still around that low end rb1 area. I'm assuming he will be very heavily involved in the passing game. In salary cap leagues.... his value took a very large nosedive last year.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:44 pm

What's his value right now? Had people inquiring on my only Bell share and I'm just not sure at all to be honest
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:44 am

I sold him for 1.01; but I am also a biased Raiders fan that wanted Jacobs / to get younger.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:56 am

DJB wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:44 pm What's his value right now? Had people inquiring on my only Bell share and I'm just not sure at all to be honest
I think a lot will depend on if you are buying or selling and what your leagues market is, of course. However the Dynasty Trade Analyzer tool suggests that Bells trade value is similar to

Travis Kelce TE, Chiefs
Amari Cooper WR, Cowboys
Antonio Brown WR, Raiders
Keenan Allen WR, Chargers
James Conner RB, Steelers
David Johnson RB, Cardinals
Julio Jones WR, Falcons
Nick Chubb RB, Browns
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:23 am

Thanks guys.

I'm in a win now mode. Guice, Hyde and a 1st for Bell and a 2nd is tempting however.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Postby MattDeezy » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:59 am

I sold Conner for Bell recently. Win now mode though.
Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, AR, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Gus, Ford, Mitchell, Kendre, Tucker, Laube, Tracy
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jamo, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:52 am

DJB wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:23 am Thanks guys.

I'm in a win now mode. Guice, Hyde and a 1st for Bell and a 2nd is tempting however.
This seems like a terrible deal. Not to mention his 1st will lose value with Bell on his roster.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:57 am

Guice>Bell

(maybe?)