Minicamp rumblings/standouts

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: Minicamp rumblings/standouts

Postby ericanadian » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:28 pm

TheNuts wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:07 pm Ross' 40 time was a fabrication. I'm not sure what the NFL was trying to accomplish by pushing his time faster than it actually was, but it fooled the Bengals into drafting him. He is a terrible receiver. If you're only real talent is running fast in a straight line, you do not belong in the NFL. There is so much more to the game than that.
That’s some lazy commentary right there. Ross was not just a straight line guy in college. His YPR was 14.2 in his final year. That’s not a situational deep threat.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:33 pm

ericanadian wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:28 pm
TheNuts wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:07 pm Ross' 40 time was a fabrication. I'm not sure what the NFL was trying to accomplish by pushing his time faster than it actually was, but it fooled the Bengals into drafting him. He is a terrible receiver. If you're only real talent is running fast in a straight line, you do not belong in the NFL. There is so much more to the game than that.
That’s some lazy commentary right there. Ross was not just a straight line guy in college. His YPR was 14.2 in his final year. That’s not a situational deep threat.
100% agree, Ross showed a complete skillset at UW.. all of these "he's just a fast guy" narratives are clouded by hindsight bias.

If Ross has 0 reports of hamstring issues this off-season, I'm going to be buying him everywhere.

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:55 pm

That's why he has looked so competent thus far in the NFL.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:57 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:33 pm
100% agree, Ross showed a complete skillset at UW.. all of these "he's just a fast guy" narratives are clouded by hindsight bias.

If Ross has 0 reports of hamstring issues this off-season, I'm going to be buying him everywhere.
I own him and if you had a late 3rd for me I’d be accepting that in a heartbeat.
Team 1: 12-team SF 0.5 PPR:
QB: Dak, Russ, Stafford, Geno, Dalton
RB: Harris, Gibson, Chubb, Cohen
WR: DK, Ridley, Kirk, Chark, Woods, C Samuel, Shepard, Reagor
TE: Fant, Knox
Team 2: 14-team PPR SF TEP:
QB: Wilson, Burrow, Geno, Foles
RB: Mixon, Gibson, Hines, Cohen, Pollard
WR: DJM, Cooper, Sutton, Deebo, R. Moore, ARSB, Eskridge, Renfrow
TE: Gesicki, Njoku, Arnold
Team 3: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Winston, Cam
RB: Harris, Ekeler, Dobbins
WR: Hill, AJB, Woods, Chark, Lockett
TE: Gesicki, OJH, Firkser
Team 4: 12-team SF TEP Devy
QB: Wilson, Geno, Ryan, Cousins
RB: Zeke, Chubb, Sanders, Pollard, Hines, Cohen, Henderson
WR: Cooper, Godwin, Sutton, JuJu, Samuel, Fuller, Shepard, Campbell
TE: Fant, Gesicki, Ertz, Freiermuth
Devy: Boutte, Young, Slovis, Harris
Team 5: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Dak, Lance, Jones, Cam
RB: Swift, Sanders, Dobbins, Pollard
WR: Sutton, DJM, Golladay, Chase, Pittman, Kirk, Campbell, Mims, Wallace
TE: Herndon, Gesicki, Freiermuth

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:59 pm

TheNuts wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:55 pm
That's why he has looked so competent thus far in the NFL.
Just to play devil's advocate..

He DID have seven touchdowns in what was basically his rookie playing year last season.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:00 pm

blemly wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:57 pm
IZigUZag wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:33 pm

I own him and if you had a late 3rd for me I’d be accepting that in a heartbeat.
I'd already own Ross then if I was in your league. :D

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:53 pm

I facepalm every time I see someone whinge about Ross being 'just a straight-line guy', or whatever -- it's practically announcing on loudspeaker that you're someone who's only done a cursory examination of the player and made lazy, stereotypical assumptions. That, in fact, has never been what Ross has been best at, at literally any point since he converted to WR at Washington; Ross scored more than half of his 17 TDs his final collegiate year from inside the red-zone. And it was the only thing he did well for Cincy last season.

Ross has a Beckham level of athleticism. Don't laugh. It's just true. it's why he gets open easily at the goal-line: he's as quick and explosive as he is fast. "Phone-booth quicks", I think I've heard it termed.

But unfortunately for Ross, there's more to being a great NFL WR than athleticism. His soft-tissues seem to be as durable as bubblegum, and he's dropping too many catchable targets. If they persist, these are fatal flaws.

Like every pundit is saying, this year is make or break for Ross in the NFL. He needs to show he can stay off the trainer's table, and he needs to improve his catch-rate. Personally, I'm not holding my breath.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:20 pm

Sources? Is there any credibility to this statement? This is pretty outlandish.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:31 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:20 pm
https://www.google.com/amp/s/ftw.usatod ... action/amp

He went in the 16th round of my current startup. I can't find a good video at the moment of the side by side.

He hasn't looked like a legit receiver yet in the NFL. It's easy to take advantage of college players when you are fast as hell. It doesn't mean nearly as much in the pros.

Murray, Minshew
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame

Matt Ryan
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:06 pm

TheNuts wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:31 pm

He went in the 16th round of my current startup. I can't find a good video at the moment of the side by side.

He hasn't looked like a legit receiver yet in the NFL. It's easy to take advantage of college players when you are fast as hell. It doesn't mean nearly as much in the pros.
It’s probably worth noting that Chris Johnson didn’t run a 4.24 either. The splits on Usain Bolt’s record 100 meter put him at around a 4.65 at the 40 meter mark. A meter is roughly 10% longer, so theoretically you can chop about 0.4 off and that would put Bolt between 4.2 & 4.25. That said, CJ2K was damn fast and even if you believe Ross was a tick slower, I don’t really get the relevance. How does the difference between being the fastest of all time and maybe top five fastest have any impact on actual football?
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:12 pm

Thank you.

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:17 pm

ericanadian wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:06 pm

It’s probably worth noting that Chris Johnson didn’t run a 4.24 either. The splits on Usain Bolt’s record 100 meter put him at around a 4.65 at the 40 meter mark. A meter is roughly 10% longer, so theoretically you can chop about 0.4 off and that would put Bolt between 4.2 & 4.25. That said, CJ2K was damn fast and even if you believe Ross was a tick slower, I don’t really get the relevance. How does the difference between being the fastest of all time and maybe top five fastest have any impact on actual football?
Because Ross' draft stock rose even more simply because he broke the record imo.

Murray, Minshew
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

Matt Ryan
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:26 pm

I'm just going to point out that combine 40's all retroactively have their times changed to account for when the player first starts moving.

It's possible that the discrepancy is simply due to Johnson starting quicker after the signal.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:45 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:20 pm
jman3134 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:00 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:13 am This is about last year. Heard Ronald Jones was clubbing, smoking dope and eating cheeseburgers before camp, because he was overly cocky about how good he was and the effort he had to put in.
Don't believe you without receipts aka pics. Prove it
No pics, sorry. Heard it from Nelson Sousa, a high stakes best ball guy who does podcasts etc. He got that info from a source which he will not name, last year, and stayed away from Jones, who he actually liked coming out of college.
Just my sense of humor. Was hoping for a good photoshop job.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:59 pm

jman3134 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:45 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:20 pm
jman3134 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:00 am

Don't believe you without receipts aka pics. Prove it
No pics, sorry. Heard it from Nelson Sousa, a high stakes best ball guy who does podcasts etc. He got that info from a source which he will not name, last year, and stayed away from Jones, who he actually liked coming out of college.
Just my sense of humor. Was hoping for a good photoshop job.
LOL. No worries. I wish I knew how to use photoshop.