Vampire Dynasty League

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Vampire Dynasty League

Postby Ruggenater » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:47 am

I'm in one--10 teams, 20 man rosters, start 1 QB. We use FAAB for waivers, and the vampire just gets a $0 budget for the year (so he can try to make claims along with anyone else but can't bid anything). We have an additional variation where if you lose to the vampire, you become a "spawn" until either he wins again or you do. If you win as a spawn, you get to steal a player from your opponent. This led to some teams starting all rookies/bench players against the vampire to try to get the opportunity to steal from their next opponent. It also gave the vampire team some decent back-end starters.

With the smaller league size and (relatively) small rosters, the vampire wasn't absolutely awful to begin with. He had AP and James White, which led to some unexpected wins during the season. He made the playoffs (!) in year 1 but got knocked out in the first round. His roster right now (with only notable players listed):
QB: Cam, Jameis
RB: Gurley, Hunt, James White, AP
WR: Fuller, Lockett, Pettis, Sanders
TE: Jared Cook
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:50 am

I've been in a redraft vampire league, not sure how a dynasty vampire league would work, what we do is whoever wins the league from the previous year becomes the vampire the following year.

How would it work in dynasty? Does the vampire stay the same? He'd eventually be unstoppable

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:59 am

Titans95 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:50 am I've been in a redraft vampire league, not sure how a dynasty vampire league would work, what we do is whoever wins the league from the previous year becomes the vampire the following year.

How would it work in dynasty? Does the vampire stay the same? He'd eventually be unstoppable
You start over once the vampire wins a championship.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:02 am

Ruggenater wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:59 am
Titans95 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:50 am I've been in a redraft vampire league, not sure how a dynasty vampire league would work, what we do is whoever wins the league from the previous year becomes the vampire the following year.

I don't get how it would work in a redraft league. The team would be completely uncompetitive and never have the opportunity to steal more than one or two players, and then the team just gets erased and you start again next year.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:11 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:02 am

I don't get how it would work in a redraft league. The team would be completely uncompetitive and never have the opportunity to steal more than one or two players, and then the team just gets erased and you start again next year.
The league we play in is a 10 team league with only 5 bench spots and the vamp gets first dibs each week on waivers before anyone else can bid on players, last year the vampire finished 3rd.

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:50 am

this what I was wondering too. if its a redraft, the team might be out of the playoffs before they even get a win to steal any players.

I guess having first dibs on the waiver wire is sweet though, and can help you quicker than you realize

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:04 pm

ebsteelers wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:50 am

this what I was wondering too. if its a redraft, the team might be out of the playoffs before they even get a win to steal any players.

I guess having first dibs on the waiver wire is sweet though, and can help you quicker than you realize
It's easier than you think because the vampire essentially gets free reign on the Waivers and with it being a shallow league those pickups end up being really solid. I must say he got extremely lucky in week 1 or 2 with having Godwin and Djax on his team go off and he stole Gurley really early on which catapulted his team from there.

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:58 am

good deal..

does any site run vampire leagues? or is it just finding these on the forums?