Sleeper Platform

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Sleeper Platform

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:54 am

Posted this in another post, but figured I would start it's own thread:

Our league is considering a switch from MFL to Sleeper, can any Sleeper users weigh in on the functionality?
-Can you manually seed playoff teams? We have 2 divisions and each Division winner gets an automatic bye, then the next 3 seeds given to overall record, with the remaining seed going to the best remaining All-Play record - does Sleeper track All-Play record and can I ensure the proper teams make the playoffs?
-Can you manually create playoff matchups? We have a 2-week Loser's Bracket that we set up for teams that don't make the playoffs so that they can fight over future draft pick seeds.
-Waivers, can you customize the frequency when FAAB bids process? We have waivers set up to process Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday @ noon - can Sleeper accomodate?
-Injured Reserve and Roster Expansion - how easy is it to setup IR spots, and then expand / contract roster sizes?

Besides those specific questions, what are the general thoughts on the site? Is it enough to replace MFL (and pocket the $70/year)?
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Sleeper Platform

Postby Bot101 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:29 am

I dont know the full customization options since I am not the commish. But my home league comes from a bunch of mainstream redraft guys that demand a user/mobile friendly platform. We experimented with Fleaflicker and it wasnt for my leaguemates. They wanted to go back to a mainstream platform. So we made a free account on MFL for everyone to log into and check out and everyone hated it more than FF. So we switched to Sleeper and everyone from the mainstream sheep to us more dynasty zealots love it. I know a ton of Redditors use it and there were multiple threads on "Sleeper vs ..." on the dynasty forum. So if you dont get the answers here you should definitely try there.

cp3
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cp3 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:41 am

Sleeper doesn't yet have the complexity of MFL, but that sometimes is part of it's appeal. Extremely easy to use both as a commissioner and user. I had a few questions and reached out on Twitter to them, and got a quick response, so customer service is good in my experience.

We just switched over from yahoo so the league wasn't the most complex, but in terms of your questions.

1) Yes, you can manually set playoff seeds. I don't believe they currently feature all-play tracking.
2) Yes, you can manually create playoff matchups.
3) Not positive regarding waivers. There is SOME customization available there, but not sure about your specific set up.
4a) Very easy to manage IR spots, but they only allow up to 5 IR spots. You can change this.
4b) Also very easy to do. It's just a commissioner setting. Teams won't be allowed to make any moves if they are in violation of the roster limits you set.

Flgatorguy87
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flgatorguy87 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:20 pm

I love Sleeper so far. I moved over a league about 2 months ago, and I am in a 2nd startup slow draft right now. I don't have any complaints, but I didn't really every see the need for all the options on MFL. I guess I am more basic, so it may not be for everyone. I will say the app is extremely user friendly and is as strong/stronger than any other app I have used from the big mainstream fantasy apps.

I hope we move over our 3 man keeper league next and just be exclusive Sleeper users.
SF PPR 30 man roster 5 taxi 2 IR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 2TE, 2FLEX , Superflex

A. Rodgers, J. Goff, D. Lock, Ta. Hill

O. Beckham, Antonio Brown, M. Evans, A. Robinson, S. Diggs, C. Sutton, T. Boyd, Jakobi Meyers, S. Sims Jr., Darius Slayton

S. Barkley, Da. Cook, Cam Akers, JK Dobbins, R. Penny, Ronald Jones, W. Gallman, Duke Johnson, AJ Dillon, Darrynton Evans, DeeJay Dallas, L. Perine

G. Kittle, M. Andrews, H. Hurst

Taxi: R. Armstead, Joe Reed, L. Bowden Jr., I. Coulter, Scotty Miller

2021 - 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 5th

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:21 pm

How easy is it to transition a league into the Sleeper Platform? I've signed myself up into the league just to explore, the other leaguemates haven't joined yet - and I'm not seeing any functionality to pre-load existing rosters - what am I missing?
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas

DelawareRiverEagles
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby DelawareRiverEagles » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:48 am

Is this Sleeper? https://sleeper.app/

If so, then I've only seen ads for the site. I should check out YouTube vids to see how it all works, what the user functionality and experience is like, etc.. Obviously, I should try it out myself too, lol.

But if anybody has any other additional input on it, then please let me know. Don't want to hijack a thread, so you can PM me if you want.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:08 am

As an update, we've transitioned our league into Sleeper (from MFL) fairly seamlessly just to give it a trial run. Here's some common themes among our league's feedback:
-They love the app
-They enjoy the simplicity of Sleeper vs. the complexity of MFL
-Had a few bug crashes but the issue was fixed same day
-Sleeper's support team is super responsive. I tweeted them a question and had a back-and-forth conversation in a matter of minutes
-We will likely have to simplify some of our rules based on the current functionality of Sleeper:
-We use All-Play record as a 3rd tie-breaker and to award the final playoff spot. We will likely need to track this offline, but Sleeper is implementing All-Play tracking at some point in the fall (but not for the start of the season).
-We will minimize / simplify the number of Waiver Wire events that we process. It looks like you can only have Waivers run either once/week, daily, or after game-days.
-We allow Unlimited IR slots, but Sleeper currently has a maximum of 5 slots (was told they are working to expand this too).

We haven't committed to the site yet, but the early feedback suggests there's enough support to do away with the customization of MFL and adopt the simplified, more social, more user-friendly Sleeper app/site even if we have to make some small short-term sacrifices.
Last edited by kmbryant09 on Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:11 am

kmbryant09 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:08 am As an update, we've transitioned our league into Sleeper (from MFL) fairly seamlessly. here's some common themes among our league's feedback:
-They love the app
-Sleeper's support team is super responsive. I tweeted them a question and had a back-and-forth conversation in a matter of minutes
-We will likely have to simplify some of our rules based on the current functionality of Sleeper:
-We use All-Play record as a 3rd tie-breaker and to award the final playoff spot. We will likely need to track this offline, but Sleeper is implementing All-Play tracking at some point in the fall (but not for the start of the season).
-We will minimize / simplify the number of Waiver Wire events that we process. It looks like you can only have Waivers run either once/week, daily, or after game-days.
-We allow Unlimited IR slots, but Sleeper currently has a maximum of 5 (was told they are working to expand this too).

We haven't committed to the site, but the early feedback suggests there's enough support to do away with the customization of MFL and with the simplicity, more social, more user-friendly Sleeper app even if we have to make some small short-term sacrifices.
IMO Sleeper is absolutely worth the sacrifice of the funky rules and scoring customization that MFLers like. Sleeper is going to eat everyone's lunch for dynasty platforms.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:15 am

Bot101 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:11 am
kmbryant09 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:08 am As an update, we've transitioned our league into Sleeper (from MFL) fairly seamlessly. here's some common themes among our league's feedback:
-They love the app
-We allow Unlimited IR slots, but Sleeper currently has a maximum of 5 (was told they are working to expand this too).

We haven't committed to the site, but the early feedback suggests there's enough support to do away with the customization of MFL and with the simplicity, more social, more user-friendly Sleeper app even if we have to make some small short-term sacrifices.
IMO Sleeper is absolutely worth the sacrifice of the funky rules and scoring customization that MFLers like. Sleeper is going to eat everyone's lunch for dynasty platforms.
You're probably right for any league without complex scoring systems, league settings, etc., but I think they need to continue building out their Dynasty functionality if they really want to take the next step. Fingers crossed that they do.

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:03 pm

Out of curiosity, is there a way to transfer a league from another platform to Sleeper or do you just have to go in and manually transfer everything over? For some reason i feel like i saw somewhere that sleeper could pull rosters and settings from other host platforms to make the transition easier. Maybe i just made that up.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:24 pm

UATahoe wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:03 pm Out of curiosity, is there a way to transfer a league from another platform to Sleeper or do you just have to go in and manually transfer everything over? For some reason i feel like i saw somewhere that sleeper could pull rosters and settings from other host platforms to make the transition easier. Maybe i just made that up.
There is functionality to transfer existing leagues, though I don't think it would pull in future draft picks (not sure on this). I didn't discover that functionality until AFTER I had each owner manually add their 28 man rosters - only took each team a few minutes to complete.

DynastyDrum30
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyDrum30 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:51 pm

Question for anyone currently using sleeper (MFL user considering switching to sleeper):

Can a commissioner manually adjust draft pick order? We do our final draft pick position based on the final regular season standings of all non-playoff teams, and the playoff teams based on their final playoff standings.

MFL won't automatically support this, and I've had to go in and manually adjust pick position. Will sleeper allow you to do this?
10 man league; .5 PPR; .5 TE Premium
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/Flex/K/Team D) - 28 Man Rosters

Roster Highlights:

QB: Burrow, Purdy, Love

RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, Z. Charbonnet, AJ Dillon, Penny, D. Foreman, T Allgier, Z. White, E. Hull

WR: Chase, Lamb, Olave, T. Higgins, Diontae, Chark

TE: LaPorta, Pitts, Goedert, Schoonmaker

Picks:
2024: 4.06
2025: None

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:32 pm

jmr12589 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:51 pm Question for anyone currently using sleeper (MFL user considering switching to sleeper):

Can a commissioner manually adjust draft pick order? We do our final draft pick position based on the final regular season standings of all non-playoff teams, and the playoff teams based on their final playoff standings.

MFL won't automatically support this, and I've had to go in and manually adjust pick position. Will sleeper allow you to do this?
I am not the commish, but yes I believe this is possible. Our commish manually transferred our rosters/picks/draft order from FleaFlicker to Sleeper without issue.

BucFanJKE
Captain
Captain

Postby BucFanJKE » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:07 pm

jmr12589 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:51 pm Question for anyone currently using sleeper (MFL user considering switching to sleeper):

You 100% can manually set draft pick order.
Team 1-
SF .5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 1SF, 2R, 2W, 1T, 3WRT)
QB- Watson, Dak, Richardson, Bennett, Zappe
RB- Javonte Williams, JHill, Dobbins, Achane, Gibson, Bigsby, Spears, Gainwell, Fournette, CPatt
WR- Chase, Lamb, London, Pittman, MT, QJ, Bateman, Jamo, OBJ, Skyy
TE- Freiermuth, Kincaid, Chig, Fant, Musgrave, Woods, Bellinger
2024: 1st, 2nd, 4th

Team 2-
.5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 2 R, 3W, 1 T, 3 WRT)
QB: J. Allen, Kyler, Stroud
RB: CMC, Bijan, Gibbs, JT, Breece Hall, Kamara, Gibson, 4nette
WR: Diggs, Hill, AJB, Aiyuk, London, JSN, Hollywood, M.Mims, Meyers, Shaheed
TE: Kelce, Kyle Pitts, Dulcich, Logan Thomas
2024: 2 1st (one top 3), 4th

Team 3- (Adopted Dumpster Orphan)
.5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 2 R, 3W, 1 T, 3 WRT)
QB: J. Allen, Dak, Young
RB: Gibbs, Hall, J. Cook, Warren, Bigsby, K. Mitchell, Dobbins, D. Cook,
WR: Lamb, Wilson, Olave, Higgins, London, JSN, Bateman, Wan'Dale, Z. Jones, Hyatt
TE: Kittle, Kincaid, Woods, Likely
2024: 2 1st (one top 2), 3rd, 4th

Wizard
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Wizard » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:05 pm

Can you set sleeper to used the highest scoring players rather than the actual played player to determine draft order? To keep players from tanking?
QB -Tom Brady, Nick Foles Deshaun Watson

RB - Kenyan Drake, Darrius Guise, Tevin Coleman, Leonard Fournett, Kareem Hunt, Justin Jackson, Jaylen Samuels, Carlos Hyde, Duke Johnson Jr., Jordan Wilkins, CJ Anderson, Chris Warren,

WR - Davante Adams , T.Y. Hilton, Courtland Sutton, Devin Funchess, Doug Baldwin, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Callaway, J’Mon Moore, Dylan Cantrell, Keith Kirkwood, James Richie

TE - Zach Ertz, Harris Demetrius, Hayden Hurst