Sell Now Players!!!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
NY CAT
Captain
Captain

Re: Sell Now Players!!!

Postby NY CAT » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:51 pm

Cam Newton
Shoulder injury is a concern as is the wear and tear on his body.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:15 pm

remedy29 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:10 am And who exactly is trading a 3rd round pick for AP at this point? Nobody.
With the same logic, all players with no value are sell now players.
I'd trade a 3rd for AP if I had a contending team in short term need at RB. I even bought AP for a 3rd in at least 1 league this year. 8-)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:54 am

Why are people saying you should sell CMC? I thought we're trying to win fantasy leagues here? Even if you look at just his first half of the 2018 season when Cam was considered healthy, he was still averaging a little over 20 fantasy points per game (PPR) and would have been top 7 in the league if he continued that pace.

CMC is one of the players you want on your team to build around, you don't sell him to try and find the next CMC/kamara in the 2020 draft.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:04 am

The Player I have sold on this off season is TY Hilton. Still like the player but he is turning 30 this year and the team is far more balanced than in years past. Hilton looks to be a sub 80 reception 5-7 TD guy going forward entering his 8th season.

His value is as high today as it ever will be. With 2 TE's the drafting of Campbell, and improved O Line Hilton's target share should begin dip.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:03 am

IBall2 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:54 am Why are people saying you should sell CMC? I thought we're trying to win fantasy leagues here? Even if you look at just his first half of the 2018 season when Cam was considered healthy, he was still averaging a little over 20 fantasy points per game (PPR) and would have been top 7 in the league if he continued that pace.

CMC is one of the players you want on your team to build around, you don't sell him to try and find the next CMC/kamara in the 2020 draft.
Agree 100%.
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Harrison, TILLMAN, Marshall, Jefferson TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington KRAFT PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC RB—BIJAN, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, HULL, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Allen, TILLMAN, Boyd, Woods, HUTCHINSON, DOUGLAS TE—Kelce, Kmet, Schultz, Parham PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Howell RB—BIJAN, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, HULL, GRAY WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, Myers, Hardman, Reynolds BOUTTE TE—Kmet, Smith, Hurst, Ertz, KRAFT PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: BIJAN, BRob, ZWhite, Hines, TDP, McLaughlin WR: Higgins, JSN, JWilliams, DJM, RMoore, DOWNS, Atwell, TILLMAN, BOUTTE, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, CJONES TE: Trautman, Ferguson, KRAFT, Hooper

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:31 am

Ice wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:04 am Hilton looks to be a sub 80 reception 5-7 TD guy going forward entering his 8th season.
not to me he doesn't!

edit: i read targets. that's pretty much his career average isn't it?

however, a good o-line and running game are good for WRs too.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:41 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:31 am
Ice wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:04 am Hilton looks to be a sub 80 reception 5-7 TD guy going forward entering his 8th season.
not to me he doesn't!
Agree. I see 1000 yards as possible, 80-100 receptions, and closer to 10 tds. But that's a decent range:

800-1000 yards, 80-100 receptions, 5-10 tds.

MFL has 27 players projected to get 1000 yards and Landry is one of them. 85/1008/4 which kind of splits our projections here. Although in five seasons he has mostly gotten 4-5 tds, only one year with 9, Ice, so you may be right on that one. I'd take 80/1000/7.
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Harrison, TILLMAN, Marshall, Jefferson TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington KRAFT PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC RB—BIJAN, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, HULL, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Allen, TILLMAN, Boyd, Woods, HUTCHINSON, DOUGLAS TE—Kelce, Kmet, Schultz, Parham PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Howell RB—BIJAN, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, HULL, GRAY WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, Myers, Hardman, Reynolds BOUTTE TE—Kmet, Smith, Hurst, Ertz, KRAFT PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: BIJAN, BRob, ZWhite, Hines, TDP, McLaughlin WR: Higgins, JSN, JWilliams, DJM, RMoore, DOWNS, Atwell, TILLMAN, BOUTTE, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, CJONES TE: Trautman, Ferguson, KRAFT, Hooper

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:08 am

80 receptions are on point, but he'll get some good yardage out of them, last season he had 1270 yards on 76 receptions (120 targets), and has similar numbers throughout his career.
i don't see an unpolished rookie and devin funchess changing that. may help him though!

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:03 am

not to me he doesn't!

Yes, the point was he is at peak value. By this time next year he will be on the wrong side of 30 and his value will drop.

We could and probably will see a slight drop off this year which makes him an ideal sell.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:16 am

Ice wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:03 am
not to me he doesn't!

Yes, the point was he is at peak value. By this time next year he will be on the wrong side of 30 and his value will drop.

We could and probably will see a slight drop off this year which makes him an ideal sell.
God, didn't realize he was that old. Wow. I got a lot of offers this off-season, maybe I should start thinking about them.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:26 am

Ice wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:03 am Yes, the point was he is at peak value. By this time next year he will be on the wrong side of 30 and his value will drop.
isn't that built-in into his current price though? because of that, his value is slightly less than it was one year ago. the drop off will be a bit bigger then probably, but i think he still has a couple of very high end seasons.
sell for sure if a good offer comes in, but i wouldn't actively look to sell (i'm also ok with riding guys until the very end if i'm not rebuilding)

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:14 pm

remedy29 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:10 am And who exactly is trading a 3rd round pick for AP at this point? Nobody.
With the same logic, all players with no value are sell now players.
For my sig league I offered a 3rd to a rebuilder for Peterson and was turned down.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:13 pm

killer_of_giants wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:26 am
Ice wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:03 am Yes, the point was he is at peak value. By this time next year he will be on the wrong side of 30 and his value will drop.
isn't that built-in into his current price though? because of that, his value is slightly less than it was one year ago. the drop off will be a bit bigger then probably, but i think he still has a couple of very high end seasons.
sell for sure if a good offer comes in, but i wouldn't actively look to sell (i'm also ok with riding guys until the very end if i'm not rebuilding)
Not sure his age is built in just yet and I agree there are two schools of thought on older players.

I think he is sell as I believe the cliff is nearer than most realize. He is also taking way too long to recover from his ankle. 3x normal.

Obviously he still holds value but by mid season it will drop IMO to a point his owners may have to play out the string his last few years.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:15 pm

Darrell Henderson. He'll never be more valuable than he is right now.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:38 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:15 pm Darrell Henderson. He'll never be more valuable than he is right now.
Couldn't disagree more.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2: