TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby TheNuts » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:57 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:39 pm
TheNuts wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:16 pm
Weknownothing86 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:59 pm

This is not a good argument. The NFL Income is not a regular Income. Hill can be gone from the NFL forever and just have to live like a normal person with a normal job. Perhaps rehab himself and speak about it but still make enough money to support his family. You are acting like, and actually said he will go from the NFL to a Fry Cook. Thats quite an extreme of incomes. Losing his NFL job doesnt mean he is immediately becoming homeless, it just means he can buy 4 cars and a mansion. Also playing in the NFL is a privilege not a right, and its a privilege he doesnt deseve
He actually will be shown to still deserve it. You aren't the one who decides that. The league will and the owners will. He will still play, which means he still deserves to play there. You will still watch football, life will go on.

My argument is actually excellent. I doubt Hill has any legit job skills besides football. He will have 3 children very soon. That's a ton of financial responsibility. Most people with his background end up making a pretty low income. Definitely not enough to properly support 3 children in a good environment.

He didn't do enough to warrant other people deciding he shouldn't be able to earn a lot of money for his family
First off, we don't know what the NFL will do. This is kind of new territory because the NFL can now use his assault in college in conjunction with the recent events to apply a suspension. There may be a good chance they allow Hill to play again, but it's certainly not a given yet.

Secondly, you say to the poster "you aren't the one who decides that.". Then you go on to say "he didn't do enough to warrant other people" deciding his fate. That's not your decision, either. It's up to the Commish and the NFL to decide that, not you, or the other poster, or anyone else here. He may have done enough for other people (Commish etc.) to decide that. The situation is still up in the air.
Oh I know it's not up to me. I just know for a fact that he will play again. I wasn't even speaking of my opinion when I said that. He will not be banned from football. He's too good. Donte Stallworth killed someone while under the influence. He had 1 year off. This isn't nearly as bad.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:00 pm

TheNuts wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:57 pm

He actually will be shown to still deserve it. You aren't the one who decides that. The league will and the owners will. He will still play, which means he still deserves to play there. You will still watch football, life will go on.

My argument is actually excellent. I doubt Hill has any legit job skills besides football. He will have 3 children very soon. That's a ton of financial responsibility. Most people with his background end up making a pretty low income. Definitely not enough to properly support 3 children in a good environment.

He didn't do enough to warrant other people deciding he shouldn't be able to earn a lot of money for his family
First off, we don't know what the NFL will do. This is kind of new territory because the NFL can now use his assault in college in conjunction with the recent events to apply a suspension. There may be a good chance they allow Hill to play again, but it's certainly not a given yet.

Secondly, you say to the poster "you aren't the one who decides that.". Then you go on to say "he didn't do enough to warrant other people" deciding his fate. That's not your decision, either. It's up to the Commish and the NFL to decide that, not you, or the other poster, or anyone else here. He may have done enough for other people (Commish etc.) to decide that. The situation is still up in the air.
Oh I know it's not up to me. I just know for a fact that he will play again. I wasn't even speaking of my opinion when I said that. He will not be banned from football. He's too good. Donte Stallworth killed someone while under the influence. He had 1 year off. This isn't nearly as bad.
OK, thanks for clarifying. Chances are he will play. Almost certainly, however in this day and age, I don't know when the commish and the league will make an example of someone. Ray Rice got blackballed. Now Rice also wasn't a top WR in his prime, but I just don't want to assume anything. I wonder what happens if he gets a year long suspension. Does anyone know if he still gets his UFA eligibility, or does he remain under contract with the Chiefs?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:44 pm

TheNuts wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:23 pm

I dont think he has done enough to warrant a ban in any way. AP was guilty of similar acts. That one receiver killed someone in a drunk driving incident and still played.

Its more toward the people who say they want to help the child, but then also want to take away his father's income for something that he shouldn't be banned for.
This is not a good argument. The NFL Income is not a regular Income. Hill can be gone from the NFL forever and just have to live like a normal person with a normal job. Perhaps rehab himself and speak about it but still make enough money to support his family. You are acting like, and actually said he will go from the NFL to a Fry Cook. Thats quite an extreme of incomes. Losing his NFL job doesnt mean he is immediately becoming homeless, it just means he can buy 4 cars and a mansion. Also playing in the NFL is a privilege not a right, and its a privilege he doesnt deseve

You mean people who went to college

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:09 pm

TheNuts wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:23 pm

I dont think he has done enough to warrant a ban in any way. AP was guilty of similar acts. That one receiver killed someone in a drunk driving incident and still played.

Its more toward the people who say they want to help the child, but then also want to take away his father's income for something that he shouldn't be banned for.

Hill can have all the money in the world, but there is no way anybody can say that child is in a good environment in that home currently. There is a lot more involved than just money when it comes to raising a child in a good and healthy environment.

Hill and Espinal are in a toxic relationship and need to be separated from each other for their own benefit before something worse happens. The money/job security should be down the list of things to worry about with the way they are tracking.

Finfansteve
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Finfansteve » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:35 pm

Leonard little ran over and killed a lady in 1998 and ended up playing 10 more years in the league
Qb: Hurts, geno Smith
Rb: JT, Gibbs, Montgomery, Roschon, Z. White, Ty Chandler
Wr: AJB, JJ, Chase, waddle, G Wilson
TE: Pitts, Kincaid, Likely, Njoku

2024 1.01, 1.04, 1.05
10 team
9 players kept yearly
Non PPR
Not super flex
Start 1/1/2/1/2 flex
1 point per first down
All tds 6 points

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:36 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:00 pm

OK, thanks for clarifying. Chances are he will play. Almost certainly, however in this day and age, I don't know when the commish and the league will make an example of someone. Ray Rice got blackballed. Now Rice also wasn't a top WR in his prime, but I just don't want to assume anything. I wonder what happens if he gets a year long suspension. Does anyone know if he still gets his UFA eligibility, or does he remain under contract with the Chiefs?
Ray Rice is brought up as comp from "blackballed". His talent did not match the amount of publicity/pressure from signing him. He was on the decline. Rice was not necessarily black balled. The reward just wasn't worth what Rice brought with him.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Re: How long does Tyreek Hill get suspended?

Postby gogobradyarm » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:38 pm

I’m thinking no more than 6 based on lack of any clear cut evidence. Guys value is on the rise fast.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:44 pm

I voted 16+. Remember, the NFL can use what we all know he did in college, punching his fiancé in the stomach while pregnant with this same child and add that to the audio, where he doesn’t deny punching this same child in the chest as a form of punishment, a 3 year old, at that. The only thing that could save Hill is there’s no video evidence and we have a garbage commissioner in Roger Goodell.

Big Al
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Big Al » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:42 pm

I'm hoping he never plays again but I voted 16+

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:48 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:44 pm I voted 16+. Remember, the NFL can use what we all know he did in college, punching his fiancé in the stomach while pregnant with this same child and add that to the audio, where he doesn’t deny punching this same child in the chest as a form of punishment, a 3 year old, at that. The only thing that could save Hill is there’s no video evidence and we have a garbage commissioner in Roger Goodell.
Not only does he not deny it, the first word out of his mouth when she's done speaking about what he does to the child is "OK". With that, combined with the threat, I think a lengthy suspension is imminent, when you factor in the stuff from college. The interviews the NFL conduct with Hill and others around the situation are things we have no idea about, but they will not have to adhere to the same standards and law enforcement does when it comes to that. Those interviews could well have a major influence on the outcome.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:53 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:38 pm I’m thinking no more than 6 based on lack of any clear cut evidence. Guys value is on the rise fast.
I haven't seen it. Have you seen any recent deals?

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:54 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:48 pm
Cowboysfan33 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:44 pm I voted 16+. Remember, the NFL can use what we all know he did in college, punching his fiancé in the stomach while pregnant with this same child and add that to the audio, where he doesn’t deny punching this same child in the chest as a form of punishment, a 3 year old, at that. The only thing that could save Hill is there’s no video evidence and we have a garbage commissioner in Roger Goodell.
Not only does he not deny it, the first word out of his mouth when she's done speaking about what he does to the child is "OK". With that, combined with the threat, I think a lengthy suspension is imminent, when you factor in the stuff from college. The interviews the NFL conduct with Hill and others around the situation are things we have no idea about, but they will not have to adhere to the same standards and law enforcement does when it comes to that. Those interviews could well have a major influence on the outcome.
Very good point. I just can’t imagine only a 6 game suspension that some are predicting, when you think about some of the other suspensions that have been handed out the last couple of off-seasons. If for no other reason than avoiding major backlash from the public, I have to believe the NFL and or Chiefs are going to lay down some serious punishment.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:01 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:54 pm
Very good point. I just can’t imagine only a 6 game suspension that some are predicting, when you think about some of the other suspensions that have been handed out the last couple of off-seasons. If for no other reason than avoiding major backlash from the public, I have to believe the NFL and or Chiefs are going to lay down some serious punishment.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... roken-arm/

Listen to the 6 minute video. Florio makes some good points. He also mentions the fact that it is season 100 of the NFL, and they aren't going to want this cloud hanging over it. With the points he makes about Hill facing 2 different violations, he believes Hill will not be playing at all. I actually agree with most of what he says in this video, which is certainly not how I normally feel about his opinions.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:21 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:01 pm

Listen to the 6 minute video. Florio makes some good points. He also mentions the fact that it is season 100 of the NFL, and they aren't going to want this cloud hanging over it. With the points he makes about Hill facing 2 different violations, he believes Hill will not be playing at all. I actually agree with most of what he says in this video, which is certainly not how I normally feel about his opinions.

Thanks for posting that link. He made some good points for sure. It’s going to be interesting to see how this all unfolds.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:04 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:21 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:01 pm

Thanks for posting that link. He made some good points for sure. It’s going to be interesting to see how this all unfolds.
That jerk hasn't made a good point in all of his miserable life. Needless to say I won't watch a video which shows his ugly head.