The Tyreek Hill Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby Lord_Varys » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:17 am

I'm all in favor of innocent until proven guilty when it comes to the court of law.

But if my wife finds another woman's lipstick on my collar, she doesn't need a forensics test to divorce me.

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:47 am

Lord_Varys wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:57 am Trolling?

Hill is the one with the history of violence. With the private audio incriminating him.

Even if it wasn't him who did it, which is unlikely, then he is covering it up.

Gtfo with trolling. This guy is a monster.
Ok, keep trolling. There is zero conclusive evidence he broke his child's arm. You state it as fact.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:27 am

FiremanEd wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:00 am You state he broke the kids arm like it’s a certainty, while even those doing a deep investigation have no such ability to make that claim. Perhaps he was involved, perhaps he wasn’t. He doesn’t seem a great dude, but being a mean SOB alone isn’t a crime last I checked.

Also curious what do people envision when saying ‘he broke his arm’? It could be poor parental monitoring, it could be play wrestling, it could be a number of things of which not all are terrible. Not saying it isn’t, but there is lots of grey in the claim, not all of which are clear and intentional abuse. Again, he doesn’t seem a great dude, but we don’t know anything about how the arm was broke last I checked and it could be less than many are implying.
Hill denied breaking the kids arm in that audio conversation. He confirmed he did punch the kid is the chest and use a belt as part of his disciplining when speaking on that tape, but the actual filed investigation was about the kid's arm being broken, which he did not admit to, and in fact denied on the audio. As much as I think he's a terrible and abusive person, he has not admitted to that specific event, even on the tape. One can only surmise that he probably did it, but it has not been proven yet.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:40 am

FantasyDumDum
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyDumDum » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:48 am

My take at this point is that one of three things will happen:

1) Nothing further comes of any investigation and Tyreek is “cleared” legally. Imo this would results in an 8 game type suspension based on his history and the black eye that this has caused the league.

2) There are some further complications with child services or the NFL investigation, but nothing overly damning or felony criminal, and the league goes as far as to suspend him for the year and KC cuts him. He could eventually be picked up next year by another team but his future would be in question.

3) Child services and/or the NFL investigation uncover wrongdoing, he could even still be charged based on any new evidence, and things take a turn for the worse for Tyreek. He ends up on the indefinite suspension list, is out of the league, and has only a small shot at a future comeback years down the road after a lengthy recovery tour.

1 is most likely. 2 is next. 3 is least likely imo

TL;DR

I think Tyreek gets 8 games if nothing else goes wrong for him, a year plus changing teams if there are even any small discoveries in the continuing investigations, and is indefinitely suspended/banned if anything else major comes out.
10 team, .5ppr, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: CMC, D Williams, Drake, Guice, Penny, RoJo, Breida, I Smith, Edmonds
WR: AB, ARob, Ridley, Jeffery, Shepard, Pettis, Miller, Washington, MVS, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Herndon, Andrews

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:00 pm

I don't think he gets more than six. And it could be less.
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Harrison, TILLMAN, Marshall, Jefferson TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington KRAFT PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC RB—BIJAN, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, HULL, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Allen, TILLMAN, Boyd, Woods, HUTCHINSON, DOUGLAS TE—Kelce, Kmet, Schultz, Parham PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Howell RB—BIJAN, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, HULL, GRAY WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, Myers, Hardman, Reynolds BOUTTE TE—Kmet, Smith, Hurst, Ertz, KRAFT PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: BIJAN, BRob, ZWhite, Hines, TDP, McLaughlin WR: Higgins, JSN, JWilliams, DJM, RMoore, DOWNS, Atwell, TILLMAN, BOUTTE, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, CJONES TE: Trautman, Ferguson, KRAFT, Hooper

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:40 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:00 pm I don't think he gets more than six. And it could be less.
...but if your name isn't Roger Goodell what you think doesn't really matter.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:16 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:40 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:00 pm I don't think he gets more than six. And it could be less.
...but if your name isn't Roger Goodell what you think doesn't really matter.
well, yeah, we're ALL speculating here, brother
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Harrison, TILLMAN, Marshall, Jefferson TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington KRAFT PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC RB—BIJAN, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, HULL, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Allen, TILLMAN, Boyd, Woods, HUTCHINSON, DOUGLAS TE—Kelce, Kmet, Schultz, Parham PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Howell RB—BIJAN, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, HULL, GRAY WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, Myers, Hardman, Reynolds BOUTTE TE—Kmet, Smith, Hurst, Ertz, KRAFT PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: BIJAN, BRob, ZWhite, Hines, TDP, McLaughlin WR: Higgins, JSN, JWilliams, DJM, RMoore, DOWNS, Atwell, TILLMAN, BOUTTE, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, CJONES TE: Trautman, Ferguson, KRAFT, Hooper

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:46 pm

I don't see how it could be less. Zeke got 6, AP got 6. There is plenty in that audio, and that alone, in combination with his previous history would warrant that, I would think. 6 Seems like the absolute minimum to me, due to the fact they can and probably will use Hill's history as part of the suspension, especially with the fact he appeared to threaten his fiancee on top off admitting punching his son in the chest and using a belt on him in the past. The police investigation was specifically in regards to Hill' son's arm being broken, (which he denied doing in that audio recording) however the NFL's is not going to be. All the other things said can be used against him as a breach of their personal conduct policy, so I would be shocked if it were less than 6.

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:53 pm

Any discipline handed down by the league will very likely be viewed by the public as being punishment for Hill either breaking his kid's arm or having some part in it. There is absolutely a PR battle underlying this whole thing. Remember, the DA's story has been clear and unwavering. A violent crime was comitted against the kid and he's strongly fingered Hill. Right or wrong that's what they've done.

I just don't know how you get away with a suspension being a handful of games or only part of a season for breaking your kid's arm. Therefore, I just don't see how it's anything less than a full year, at least. The only recent precedent of NFL players hurting their kids I can think of is AP and the switch incident. Didn't he get a full year out of the league - some combo of suspension & sitting idle on the commissioner's exempt list while the "investigation" dragged on? With the relentless back-and-forth between Goodell and AP, claiming AP wasn't "contrite enough" or some such. I could be all wrong, but I think that's the baseline (i.e. minimum) for Hill. Frankly, he'd be lucky to get that. Even then he'd probably have to "reapply" to get back in the league, showing progress, counseling, contrition, etc.

To boot, I think the league wins any PR battle while it's stalemated with Hill rotting away on the exempt list missing games, assuming he goes there before the season start. Been saying that for a while & I'm sticking with it. Almost feels inevitable he ends up on the exempt list, assuming the Chiefs are bold enough to un-ban him. It'd be the safe and tactically smart thing for the league to do.
Last edited by pvillebiker on Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:09 pm

pvillebiker wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:53 pm Any discipline handed down by the league will very likely be viewed by the public as being punishment for Hill either breaking his kid's arm or having some part in it. There is absolutely a PR battle underlying this whole thing. Remember, the DA's story has been clear and unwavering. A violent crime was comitted against the kid and he's strongly fingered Hill. Right or wrong that's what they've done.

I just don't know how you get away with a suspension being a handful of games or only part of a season for breaking your kid's arm. Therefore, I just don't see how it's anything less than a full year, at least. The only recent precedent of NFL players hurting their kids I can think of is AP and the switch incident. Didn't he get a full year out of the league - some combo of suspension & sitting idle on the commissioner's exempt list while the "investigation" dragged on? WIth the relentless back-and-forth between Goodell and AP, claiming AP wasn't "contrite enough" or some such. I could be all wrong, but I think that's the baseline (i.e. minimum) for Hill. Frankly, he'd be lucky to get that.

To boot, I think the league wins any PR battle while it's stalemated with Hill rotting away on the exempt list missing games, assuming he goes there before the season start. Been saying that for a while & I'm sticking with it. Almost feels inevitable he ends up on the exempt list, assuming the Chiefs are bold enough to un-ban him. It'd be the safe and tactically smart thing for the league to do.
It's an interesting take, but make no mistake about it, Hill's threats to Espinal will be weighed into this on top of the child abuse. He has admitted to punching the kid and using a belt, so that much is basically incriminating as far as the NFL is concerned. Hill's case will set it's own precedent, however, as the NFL will be able to use his pre NFL transgressions against him, according to the personal conduct policy. AP and Zeke etc. did not have the past Hill had coming into the league, so this is a bit of a different situation with the type of suspension they will be able to lay down. It can be much more severe in this case. I am definitely curious, as you are, if the Chiefs bring him into training camp, what the NFL does.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:17 pm

^^^ Agree fully

Slevin Kelevra
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Slevin Kelevra » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:14 pm

http://www.810whb.com/2019/06/10/whb-ex ... -sons-arm/

WHB Exclusive: Tyreek Hill did not break son’s arm

By Kevin Kietzman

Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill did not break his three-year-old son’s arm last January, and neither did his fiancée, Crystal Espinal. According to multiple sources close to the investigation, Hill and Espinal were cleared of any role in the broken bone injury almost immediately after the investigation began in March.

Investigators quickly agreed with the medical staff that the broken bone was the result of typical accident involving a rambunctious toddler, consistent with reaching out to brace for a fall.

The investigation into Hill and Espinal began weeks after the broken bone was first treated, when Espinal, according to sources, asked a third party to call authorities and tell them that Hill was responsible for the boy’s injury. Espinal has admitted she was trying to shame Hill because in her mind, he had become too controlling and abusive again in their long and stormy relationship.

Hill and Espinal are currently separated and neither has custody of the boy at this time.

The investigation into the couple’s parenting accelerated when Overland Park police checked on the boy in March and found bruises and welts on his body. Both Hill and Espinal have admitted to investigators that they spanked the 3 year old with their hands and a belt, but prosecutors can’t determine for sure which parent, or if both, went too far.

In April Johnson County District Attorney Steve Howe held a press conference to announce criminal charges wouldn’t be brought against Hill or Espinal but stated he believed a crime was committed against the boy and it was believed the crime was about the broken arm. It was not. Howe’s team has halted working on the case as they still can’t bring charges for bruising and harming the boy.

During the news conference Howe said several times that he could not comment about any injuries to the boy whose privacy is protected by law.

Howe did not respond to a request for comment and Chiefs President Mark Donovan declined to comment on this story.

KCTV5 obtained audio in which Espinal secretly recorded a conversation between her and Hill discussing their son’s injury. According to KCTV, the recording was an attempt by Espinal to gain leverage in the relationship and assure her that Hill would always financially support her. The sources also told Sports Radio 810 that Espinal shared the audio with a person close to her because she feared for her life.

On the recording, Hill, who was previously convicted of a felony after battering Espinal, can be heard telling her, “You need to be terrified of me too, dumb #####,” after she told him their son was terrified of Hill.

Hill is currently employed by the Chiefs but was suspended from team activities after club officials heard the recording.

Shortly after the suspension by the team, Hill’s attorney sent a letter to the NFL offices, the Chiefs and the NFLPA to explain much of what was said on the recording. While the letter attempts to deny many of the things asserted in the audio, it does admit Hill’s comment that Espinal should be “terrified” of him is inexcusable. The attorney explains in the letter that Hill has been attending individual and family counseling to improve his life and become a better parent.

The Kansas Department for Children and Families continues its investigation in the case of the bruising and welts, but since the case involves a minor its documents are sealed.

At the league’s Spring League Meeting in May, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said the league is investigating but they are waiting on the DCF case to resolve before making any decisions regarding Hill’s future in football. There have been many recent cases in which the league hands out discipline even though no one has been charged or found guilty of a crime.

Chiefs mandatory mini-camp is this week in Kansas City, stay tuned to Sports Radio 810 WHB for updates on this developing story.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:27 pm

Thanks for the update...

I think this blurb...

"In April Johnson County District Attorney Steve Howe held a press conference to announce criminal charges wouldn’t be brought against Hill or Espinal but stated he believed a crime was committed against the boy and it was believed the crime was about the broken arm. It was not. Howe’s team has halted working on the case as they still can’t bring charges for bruising and harming the boy."

...is where most of the confusion stems from as a whole. And the fact that all of this has been spoon fed to the public. As a whole, it's a lot more clear

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:40 pm

Knowing what we “know” for a fact that he did to his fiancé when she was pregnant with this child and the audio is enough for a big suspension, in most people’s minds. Now if the NFL can try to get Hill some sort of help while he’s suspended, then that’s great but who knows if that would really work or not. It just hard for me to defend him and I’m actually surprised that several people seem to defend this guy.