The Tyreek Hill Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby TheNuts » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:37 pm

smallxl wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:38 pm No matter what a suspension is coming. He's not a good guy that's obvious but chiefs may opt to keep him
Yes a suspension is coming. I'm betting 6 games
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:13 pm

TheNuts wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:37 pm
smallxl wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:38 pm No matter what a suspension is coming. He's not a good guy that's obvious but chiefs may opt to keep him
Yes a suspension is coming. I'm betting 6 games
I'm betting 8 because of his prior history possibly being factored in.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:25 pm

I think 6 games with appeal to 4 is likely.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:48 am

Goodell effectively has unlimited discretion in assessing an appropriate punishment. The only limit—and it’s not really a limit since it’s a baseline—is that first-time violations involving domestic violence, child abuse, criminal assault or the felony version of battery subject players to a baseline six-game suspension. The six-game term can be increased for aggravating factors. One such aggravating factor, according to NFL policy, is when “the act is committed against a particularly vulnerable person, such as a child.” Another aggravating factor is when the player engaged in “similar misconduct before joining the NFL.” Both of those aggravating factors are relevant to Hill.

Under league policy, a second-time offender receives “permanent banishment” from the NFL, with an opportunity to petition for reinstatement after one year. If Goodell concludes that Hill is responsible for injuring a child, he could also reason that Hill is a second-time offender. As noted above, Hill pleaded guilty to domestic violence crimes in 2015. However, Hill and the NFLPA would refute this finding by stressing that Hill was a college player, not an NFL player, at the time of the first incident and thus was not subject to collectively bargained work policies.

To that end, “second offense” is mentioned in the context of the policy itself, which suggests it only contemplates misconduct while a player is in the NFL and subject to the personal conduct policy. Of course, Goodell could still impose a one-year (or longer) suspension on account of the six-game figure being a floor that is subject to increases for aggravating factors (two of which are acts against children and similar misconduct before joining the NFL).

Goodell also doesn’t need to conclude that Hill injured his son in order to justify punishment. The aforementioned recording between Hill and Espinal included Hill telling her “you need to be terrified of me too, b----.” In light of Hill previously punching and strangling Espinal—while she was pregnant, no less—Hill has ominously shown that he is more than capable of carrying out such a threat. Goodell would thus be well within his authority to punish Hill for verbally threatening Espinal.

NFL investigation could impact law enforcement's case

Hill is contractually obligated to cooperate with NFL investigators. A failure to do so, under NFL policy, is itself grounds for a suspension. Further, Hill can’t invoke his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination. That constitutional right protects U.S. citizens from self-incrimination while testifying. It has nothing to do with a private employer, applying a workplace conduct policy, asking an employee about what took place. Hill’s rights with respect to NFL investigators are determined by the CBA and his employment contract.

Sports Illustrated-(Felt this was in depth and interesting, for anyone following the case)

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:39 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:47 am
pvillebiker wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:30 am If it's still true the league hasn't talked to Tyreek yet, that is easily the most Interesting under-reported fact. Think about it. No way is the league going to make a ruling until they do their own investigation & actually talk to Tyreek. KC's banning Hill bought both the league and the Chiefs some time. Will be FASCINATING if the Chiefs really do lift the Ban this summer. Forcing the league's hand. Will almost assuredly draw Tyreek a spot on the "commissioner's exempt list" while their investigation proceeds.

"In a May press conference, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said the league was waiting for permission to interview Hill for its own investigation. That directive stems from the child welfare case, NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said Friday."

https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/a ... 98163.html
It may be the opposite of what we think. Hill may start the year if the league suspends him and he appeals, much like the Zeke case. He may then be suspended in the back half of the year. If the Chiefs decide to keep him, it will be interesting to see if they accept a suspension that would see him out the first portion of the year, if he can return later and for playoff time. If he appeals, they could end up missing him in the back half of the year. It will be very interesting to see how the Chiefs handle it, with the one investigation still ongoing, and how the NFL responds, for sure.
Could be, if a suspension is actually handed down that fast (before the season start), that scenario is plausible. If that happens, that likely won't be good for Hill, as I suspect the "swift justice" would be on the harsher side (most or all of the year or worse).

But that's not what I'm suggesting. I'm suggesting *if* the Chiefs un-ban Hill that Goodell could and very likely would, simply place him on the exempt list. For as long as he wants him to be there, which would be as long as the NFL investigation takes. Even if it's half or most of a season. Recall that the last public update by the NFL was the league hasn't even talked to Hill yet to begin their investigation, implying they still do not have permission from KC child protective services to do so, since that's what they indicazted they were waiting for.

I don't think being on the commissioner's exempt list is appealable. Sounds harsh, but perhaps oddly fitting in this case. In other words, Tyreek loses the benefit of the doubt here, based on his history and shady facts surrounding the current case, while the NFL figures it out to their satisfaction.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:26 pm

I got no analysis or idea what's gonna happen. All I gotta say is that I want expulsion or nothing at all. A six game suspension would be saying "yeah, he abused the kid or covered it up, but just a little." You're either guilty if being a monster or you're not.

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:08 pm

Lord_Varys wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:26 pm I got no analysis or idea what's gonna happen. All I gotta say is that I want expulsion or nothing at all. A six game suspension would be saying "yeah, he abused the kid or covered it up, but just a little." You're either guilty if being a monster or you're not.
EXACTLY! Well said.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:05 pm

Lord_Varys wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:26 pm I got no analysis or idea what's gonna happen. All I gotta say is that I want expulsion or nothing at all. A six game suspension would be saying "yeah, he abused the kid or covered it up, but just a little." You're either guilty if being a monster or you're not.
That’s kinda where I’m at. I mean, I thought the NFL was trying to crack down on these kinds of incidents. Now, I get that they don’t have video evidence but they know what he did to the same woman when she was pregnant, with this child. Zeke got 6 games with no video evidence(other than pulling a girls top down), Hunt gets 8 games and although he shouldn’t have done that, it wasn’t like he knocked her out or punched her in the face even. Also, Peterson was suspended for a whole season. Personally, I hope he’s banned, just for the audio, knowing what we “know” for sure he did to her in college.

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:56 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:05 pm
That’s kinda where I’m at. I mean, I thought the NFL was trying to crack down on these kinds of incidents. Now, I get that they don’t have video evidence but they know what he did to the same woman when she was pregnant, with this child. Zeke got 6 games with no video evidence(other than pulling a girls top down), Hunt gets 8 games and although he shouldn’t have done that, it wasn’t like he knocked her out or punched her in the face even. Also, Peterson was suspended for a whole season. Personally, I hope he’s banned, just for the audio, knowing what we “know” for sure he did to her in college.
You guys are nuts. Ban a guy for using corporal punishment on his children? I bet he was never taught how to raise a child, and I bet he was served corporal punishment his whole childhood. Suspend him and rehabilitate him. So much soap box BS with this Hill case. You know who will grow up in a worse off environment? His children when Hill is working the fryer at McDonalds and no longer has the NFL to offer some type of counseling.

Try to rehabilitate him. Give him counseling. If he receives legit counseling, and he doesn't change, then banishment should be a real option. The people who want Hill banished are literally saying it just so that they feel better, not because they actually think it's the right thing to do.

Murray, Minshew
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame

Matt Ryan
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:04 pm

TheNuts wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:56 pm
You guys are nuts. Ban a guy for using corporal punishment on his children? I bet he was never taught how to raise a child, and I bet he was served corporal punishment his whole childhood. Suspend him and rehabilitate him. So much soap box BS with this Hill case. You know who will grow up in a worse off environment? His children when Hill is working the fryer at McDonalds and no longer has the NFL to offer some type of counseling.

Try to rehabilitate him. Give him counseling. If he receives legit counseling, and he doesn't change, then banishment should be a real option. The people who want Hill banished are literally saying it just so that they feel better, not because they actually think it's the right thing to do.
You're making a lot of assumptions and are coming across pretty aggressively towards people. I would guess that people want Hill banned because of a bunch of reasons. The abuse on his child being one of them. The abuse on his fiance and the recent threats being part of that too. As is already stated, Hill can be suspended indefinitely with this event in conjunction with the event from Hill's past, if the NFL feels they have sufficient evidence.

I could just as easily say that you don't care about Hill's rehabilitation, but that you just don't want him banished because you want him to put points up on your Fantasy Football team, but I really don't know if that is your reason.

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:34 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:04 pm

You're making a lot of assumptions and are coming across pretty aggressively towards people. I would guess that people want Hill banned because of a bunch of reasons. The abuse on his child being one of them. The abuse on his fiance and the recent threats being part of that too. As is already stated, Hill can be suspended indefinitely with this event in conjunction with the event from Hill's past, if the NFL feels they have sufficient evidence.

I could just as easily say that you don't care about Hill's rehabilitation, but that you just don't want him banished because you want him to put points up on your Fantasy Football team, but I really don't know if that is your reason.
It's because people act like they give a damn, and they really don't. I can't say it enough that the Chiefs were applauded for cutting Hunt, while very few people care about the Browns adding Hunt. People supposedly care what's best for the children, but how is their father going to make a living and support them without the NFL? It's short sighted and ignorant to wish Hill banned from the NFL. Why aren't more people wanting him to be rehabilitated so that he can earn for his family? He deserves punishment, I completely agree, but I think the guy should be allowed an opportunity to be rehabilitated with professional help before his family is hurt by him losing his job.

Murray, Minshew
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

Matt Ryan
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:47 am

TheNuts wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:34 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:04 pm

It's because people act like they give a damn, and they really don't. I can't say it enough that the Chiefs were applauded for cutting Hunt, while very few people care about the Browns adding Hunt. People supposedly care what's best for the children, but how is their father going to make a living and support them without the NFL? It's short sighted and ignorant to wish Hill banned from the NFL. Why aren't more people wanting him to be rehabilitated so that he can earn for his family? He deserves punishment, I completely agree, but I think the guy should be allowed an opportunity to be rehabilitated with professional help before his family is hurt by him losing his job.
The Nuts, calling us nuts!

Anyways... You're generalizing a lot. The Chiefs were applauded - Meh. By some. Few people care about the Browns? I know plenty who do.

I guess it all comes down to what you can tolerate morally, and what you think is able to be rehabilitated. AP used a switch. Hunt shoved a woman who was attacking his girlfriend. Hill broke his kids arm, threatened his fiance, and lied to cover it up. Same difference, right?

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:00 am

You state he broke the kids arm like it’s a certainty, while even those doing a deep investigation have no such ability to make that claim. Perhaps he was involved, perhaps he wasn’t. He doesn’t seem a great dude, but being a mean SOB alone isn’t a crime last I checked.

Also curious what do people envision when saying ‘he broke his arm’? It could be poor parental monitoring, it could be play wrestling, it could be a number of things of which not all are terrible. Not saying it isn’t, but there is lots of grey in the claim, not all of which are clear and intentional abuse. Again, he doesn’t seem a great dude, but we don’t know anything about how the arm was broke last I checked and it could be less than many are implying.

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:21 am

FiremanEd wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:00 am You state he broke the kids arm like it’s a certainty, while even those doing a deep investigation have no such ability to make that claim. Perhaps he was involved, perhaps he wasn’t. He doesn’t seem a great dude, but being a mean SOB alone isn’t a crime last I checked.

Also curious what do people envision when saying ‘he broke his arm’? It could be poor parental monitoring, it could be play wrestling, it could be a number of things of which not all are terrible. Not saying it isn’t, but there is lots of grey in the claim, not all of which are clear and intentional abuse. Again, he doesn’t seem a great dude, but we don’t know anything about how the arm was broke last I checked and it could be less than many are implying.
At this point Varys is just trolling by claiming Hill broke his kids arm as matter of fact. Thank you for being reasonable.

Also to what Varys said As to what I believe Hill can be rehabilitated, who knows? No one knows how anyone's rehab/counseling will impact them until after they have gone through it. I think it's worth a try before we just take away the income that supports these children.

Murray, Minshew
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

Matt Ryan
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:57 am

Trolling?

Hill is the one with the history of violence. With the private audio incriminating him.

Even if it wasn't him who did it, which is unlikely, then he is covering it up.

Gtfo with trolling. This guy is a monster.