Golladay Advice

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
stockerj
Role Player
Role Player

Golladay Advice

Postby stockerj » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:18 pm

I wanted to get another young stud on my team and I was eyeing Kenny G. The owner said his price is someone if similar status. My question is: who would be good to offer or is it possible to not lose a main factor and give something else?

Appreciate the help

2017 Champion
10 Team PPR Dynasty 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3Flex/1Defense
Qb - Allen, Wilson
Rb - Pollard, Walker, Spears, Mattison, Sanders, Jam. Williams, Hunt, Singletary, Chandler
Wr - Jefferson, D. Smith, Metcalf, Cooper, Flowers, Jeudy, Thornton, Osborn, J. Williams, Dell
Te - Goedert, Ferguson, Kmet
Taxi - White, Musgrave, McBride

2023 Champion
10 Team PPR Dynasty 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3Flex/1K/1Defense
Qb - Counsins, Goff, Richardson
Rb - Mixon, Montgomery, Jav. Williams, Barkley, Spears, Dillion, Charbonnet
Wr - Moore, Godwin, Diggs, Cooper, JSN, Chark, Carter, Burks
Te - Knox, Henry, Smith
Taxi - Mingo, Musgrave, Palmer, Hutchinson

12 Team PPR Dynasty Superflex 1 QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/2Flex/1SuperFlex/1K/1Def
Qb - Burrow, Murray, Fields
Rb - Jacobs, Hall, Swift, Montgomery, Pacheco, Warren, Johnson, Bigsby
Wr - Addison, Olave, Flowers, M. Williams, Sutton, Campbell, Osborn, Watkins
Te - Engram, Musgrave
Taxi - Tillman, Ross, Strong, Metchie

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Golladay Advice

Postby Johnny Canuck » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:34 pm

If your sig is up to date, I don't think you have the quality depth to make a move for Golladay. His value is at an all time high, and it'll require one of your starters to obtain him (which would be overpayment).

If your other trade partner is low on RBs you might be able to move Devonta Freeman for him, but I wouldn't personally. I just posted this info in another Golladay thread but it might as well be copy & pasted here as it's relevant.

The Golladay Breakout Isn't Going to Happen, Here's Why...

Bevell is the Thanos to Golladays potential breakout...just like that half his targets/opportunities are snapped away.

If Bevell truly runs the offense his way, things are likely going to be quite different then they have been in the past for Stafford and the other receiving weapons in Detriot.

Stafford is usually in the top 10 for passing attempts, and has been in 7/8 seasons, and throwing an avg of 631 pass atts per season.

Conversely, teams that Bevell has OC'd, have been in the bottom half of the league for passing attempts in 10/12 seasons (bottom 16), he's been in the bottom 25 for pass attempts 8/12 seasons. His offenses average 490 pass atts per season.

The most Bevell has had a QB throw the ball in one single season was 555 times - coincidentally, this is also the lowest number of pass atts that Stafford has every thrown in a single season (last yr).

To put more fuel on the fire, Bevell has only ever produced a 1K yardage WR three times in his 12 yrs as an OC, and has never produced a season with two 1K yardage WRs. Which is relevant because in games in which Marvin Jones and Golladay both played, Marvin had 62 targets, and Gollday had 61; Marvin had 906 airyards, Golladay had 770 airyards - they basically split. So it's not like it's going to be the Golladay show, Jones will still get his. Unfortunately the passing pie is now a size small instead of a large, so even though Tate is gone, it's still not enough for these breakout stud prices he's obtaining on the trade market.

Maybe old dogs can be taught new tricks, but I'd guess that the lions are going to go the way of the seahawks and will run run run. IF Golladay is going to breakout, he's going to need to be hyper efficient just like Lockett was last yr, but I don't think Stafford has the same quality deep ball as Wilson. You'd be better off trying to buy KJ, he's the real lions breakout stud in waiting.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:53 pm

I'm not sure you have the expandable piece to go out and get Golladay. His value is sky high right now.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:20 am

stockerj wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:18 pm I wanted to get another young stud on my team and I was eyeing Kenny G. The owner said his price is someone if similar status. My question is: who would be good to offer or is it possible to not lose a main factor and give something else?
What rookie picks do you have in 2019 and/or 2020? I don't think you can afford him as is unless you offer Cook or Cooper, which it sounds like you'd rather not do.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd