General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:00 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:16 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:10 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:52 am What happens if the opened case is just perpetually "ongoing"? Does he just stay suspended by the team indefinitely? What if there is no close to the investigation by September? The NFL says they are waiting for the legal system to finish it's investigation. What if they just continue to drag it out? They seemed like they knew something happened, with the signs pointing to Hill being the culprit, and they just couldn't prove which one did it. Is there a statute of limitations of sorts on something like this, or can they just keep on "investigating" to no end?
Tyreek still has rights, one of which being a "speedy trial," until he's actually proven guilty.
But you don't get a trial until you are arrested, no? If they are just investigating, there is no charge yet. The Chiefs and NFL are waiting for the end of the investigation, which has no end in sight at this point.
Fair point. I guess they could? But that would be the NFLs decision and I doubt they hold him out longer than he "needs" to be for their public image to stay intact (whatever that is). The Chiefs could only hold him out for the year, but I'm sure they'd rather him play than not if there is no charge.

I guess what I'm getting at is... if he isnt charged, he's out a year max and then some other team will just sign him. Doubt he gets blackballed... I personally think around 8 games if there's no charge, so that's his minimum.

Back to your point, what is the max time frame you actually think they could investigate this? I feel like they'd be done by the season and then who knows what a trial adds. I think it's a safe bet that he doesn't play this year if it goes that far. However, I'm not sure it will

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:44 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:00 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:16 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:10 pm

Tyreek still has rights, one of which being a "speedy trial," until he's actually proven guilty.
But you don't get a trial until you are arrested, no? If they are just investigating, there is no charge yet. The Chiefs and NFL are waiting for the end of the investigation, which has no end in sight at this point.
Fair point. I guess they could? But that would be the NFLs decision and I doubt they hold him out longer than he "needs" to be for their public image to stay intact (whatever that is). The Chiefs could only hold him out for the year, but I'm sure they'd rather him play than not if there is no charge.

I guess what I'm getting at is... if he isnt charged, he's out a year max and then some other team will just sign him. Doubt he gets blackballed... I personally think around 8 games if there's no charge, so that's his minimum.

Back to your point, what is the max time frame you actually think they could investigate this? I feel like they'd be done by the season and then who knows what a trial adds. I think it's a safe bet that he doesn't play this year if it goes that far. However, I'm not sure it will
Yeah, it just seems like they are really dragging it out. I'm interested, as all are, on what precedent the NFL sets, as his prior charge can be used against him in his suspension.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:58 pm

The NFL and precedent don't really belong in the same sentence but that's another can of worms lol

Slevin Kelevra
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Slevin Kelevra » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:41 pm

This, gentlemen, as they say, is where the plot thickens.

:shock:

https://twitter.com/ClayWendler/status/ ... 0667577344

Report from @SportsRadio810 on @cheetah case: Investigators are looking into Crystal Espinal potentially suffering from Munchhausen syndrome. I.E. she makes stuff up about children to get attention. It often leads to a child being harmed.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:45 pm

Didn't the guy admit to hitting his son on tape? Regardless of her issues, I doubt this really helps his case.

Slevin Kelevra
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Slevin Kelevra » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:50 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:45 pm Didn't the guy admit to hitting his son on tape?
Ehm......no.
Regardless of her issues, I doubt this really helps his case.
Right, I'm sure that the fact the she had potentially made all up will not help the case.

Slevin Kelevra
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Slevin Kelevra » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:06 pm

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:47 pm

so much conjecture here.... and deservedly so. Regardless of whether Crystal has factitious disorder or not, or whether Hill did this or not, i think the tape coupled with his past transgressions set him up for at a minimum a 6 game suspension and i think a 8-16 game suspension is more likely given what we know today. I think there is zero chance Hill receives no punishment. Having said that i have close to zero confidence in Goodell making the logical decision here either. I feel like the NFL has made some mistakes in similar past cases and they might want to treat Hill like a chance to make up for it. Much like a referee makes a bad call to make up for a foul they missed on the play before.

Slevin Kelevra
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Slevin Kelevra » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:06 pm

grandmabetty wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:47 pm i think the tape coupled with his past transgressions set him up for at a minimum a 6 game suspension and i think a 8-16 game suspension is more likely given what we know today.
He'll probably get 0 to 4 if she made all up and a lot of people (Brooke Pryor, Mike Florio, etc..) will be sued by Tyreek and his attorney.

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:30 pm

Slevin Kelevra wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:06 pm
grandmabetty wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:47 pm i think the tape coupled with his past transgressions set him up for at a minimum a 6 game suspension and i think a 8-16 game suspension is more likely given what we know today.
He'll probably get 0 to 4 if she made all up and a lot of people (Brooke Pryor, Mike Florio, etc..) will be sued by Tyreek and his attorney.
She didn't make up the audio where he told her to be afraid of him. That's what I'm referring to. That coupled with punching her in the stomach while pregnant i think fetches him a minimum of 6 games. But we shall see

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:02 pm

Slevin Kelevra wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:50 pm
dynastyninja wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:45 pm Didn't the guy admit to hitting his son on tape?
Ehm......no.
Regardless of her issues, I doubt this really helps his case.
Right, I'm sure that the fact the she had potentially made all up will not help the case.
I'm sure that they have to go through all the processes, and the two of them seem very unstable, so it's not that surprising. The DA were basically certain a crime was committed, they just couldn't prove who did it, so that was already established. The kid's arm was broken. The audio recording is pretty straight forward, and Hill still threatened his fiancé and there was talk of him disciplining their child with a belt, among other things. They need to go through every possibility with no confessions or accusations. It seems like this could drag on and on. I would be more inclined to believe this was a serious possibility without hearing that audio and knowing Hill's history, but it certainly is interesting. At least they seem to be working on the case, it's the first news in quite some time.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:20 pm

grandmabetty wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:47 pm so much conjecture here.... and deservedly so. Regardless of whether Crystal has factitious disorder or not, or whether Hill did this or not, i think the tape coupled with his past transgressions set him up for at a minimum a 6 game suspension and i think a 8-16 game suspension is more likely given what we know today. I think there is zero chance Hill receives no punishment. Having said that i have close to zero confidence in Goodell making the logical decision here either. I feel like the NFL has made some mistakes in similar past cases and they might want to treat Hill like a chance to make up for it. Much like a referee makes a bad call to make up for a foul they missed on the play before.
So what you are saying is they will come down hard on Hill regardless of the outcome of the legal investigation, to aid there perception of being righteous to the public? I think with the audio and his history there is enough to warrant a suspension. So 6 games minimum is my guess. However, what you are saying is they may be ever harsher due to past cases and the perception they did not do enough?

Slevin Kelevra
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Slevin Kelevra » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:42 pm

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:03 pm

So she's crazy. We already knew that?

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:08 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:20 pm
grandmabetty wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:47 pm so much conjecture here.... and deservedly so. Regardless of whether Crystal has factitious disorder or not, or whether Hill did this or not, i think the tape coupled with his past transgressions set him up for at a minimum a 6 game suspension and i think a 8-16 game suspension is more likely given what we know today. I think there is zero chance Hill receives no punishment. Having said that i have close to zero confidence in Goodell making the logical decision here either. I feel like the NFL has made some mistakes in similar past cases and they might want to treat Hill like a chance to make up for it. Much like a referee makes a bad call to make up for a foul they missed on the play before.
So what you are saying is they will come down hard on Hill regardless of the outcome of the legal investigation, to aid there perception of being righteous to the public? I think with the audio and his history there is enough to warrant a suspension. So 6 games minimum is my guess. However, what you are saying is they may be ever harsher due to past cases and the perception they did not do enough?
Yes exactly. They completely botched the ray rice incident. Both in their eyes and the publics. This may be their chance for atonement. I have no evidence to say this will happen I just get a sense the NFL feels like they could have done better in the past and they may choose to come down harder on hill to try and convince everyone that they are finally going to treat domestic violence seriously