Darrell Henderson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Darrell Henderson is your new 1.01 now.

Postby Friction » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:40 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:51 am
rubber_duck wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:06 am
blemly wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:15 am

Man that's fantastic :lol:
Yeah, love the "Bitcoin" tag. There is a rookie every year that could receive the Bitcoin label. :lol:
He's this year's Ameer Abdullah
Wait until he breaks a run in the preseason. The internet will have a 'Jason Biggs from American Pie' explosion.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:03 pm

Friction wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:40 pm
rubber_duck wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:06 am

Yeah, love the "Bitcoin" tag. There is a rookie every year that could receive the Bitcoin label. :lol:
Wait until he breaks a run in the preseason. The internet will have a 'Jason Biggs from American Pie' explosion.
Ameer Abdullah... His 1st game where he scored that nice TD made me way too optimistic about him. Ugh

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:00 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:20 pm
Servo wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:02 pm This Gurley sh!t is so bizarre
It’s this off-season’s version of Andrew Luck last year.
Is it last year, or the year before?
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:13 pm

ColdZealDonkeyStrike wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:00 pm
Except Luck came back with as much pass attempt as he always had. You expect the same workload from Gurley as he's gotten in the past?

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:28 pm

Think we are seeing a lotta sour grapes from a lotta Gurley owners. Losing a top 5 RB who was just entering his prime has gotta hurt. Anger, frustration, denial. It's totally transparent and understandable.

DelawareRiverEagles
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby DelawareRiverEagles » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:00 pm

Vcize wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:45 pm So wait, do they like Henderson more or less than Kyle Shanahan liked Joe Williams?
Pretty much. You gotta take these with a grain of salt for sure.

If you're a Gurley owner, then go for him. If not, then do your due diligence and take the best player available.

DelawareRiverEagles
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby DelawareRiverEagles » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:01 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:03 pm
Friction wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:40 pm

Ameer Abdullah... His 1st game where he scored that nice TD made me way too optimistic about him. Ugh
I'm glad I stayed away from that trainwreck.

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:13 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:28 pm Think we are seeing a lotta sour grapes from a lotta Gurley owners. Losing a top 5 RB who was just entering his prime has gotta hurt. Anger, frustration, denial. It's totally transparent and understandable.
Can't speak for anyone else but non-Gurley owner here. I hope Bitcoin works out, he's a perfect 0 RB buy, but not at the 1.01 price.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:41 pm

It was just last year. Summer of 18.

There were tons of people speculating that he may never play again, “I’d take Rosen over him in dynasty”, etc.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:26 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:41 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:20 pm It’s this off-season’s version of Andrew Luck last year.
It was just last year. Summer of 18.

There were tons of people speculating that he may never play again, “I’d take Rosen over him in dynasty”, etc.
oof

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:43 pm

This bleep is insane. Literally nothing has happen. Wow they drafted a 3rd round running back and Gurley appears to have been hampered by a nagging knee injury and had it dealt with in the off season..

OMG STOP THE PRESSES.
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:23 pm

Every year we have discussions that show the variety of opinions on a player and the range of beliefs/outcomes. Along with the Damien Williams thread, the Gurley/Henderson thread(s) are no doubt this years key examples - much like last year it was Mahomes, Luck, Tyreek Hill, Chubb and Barkley.

Personally I think both sides of the coin have merit.

If you own Gurley, you have the right to worry some, and hedging your bets by drafting Henderson (or getting Brown or Kelly) only makes sense - if the cost is comfortable to you & you have the ability to roster. It certainly doesnt help - much like Andrew Luck last off-season - that you may not get enough clarity until it is too late. Further Leveon Bell is an example of being too complacent also.

However Gurley is not Spencer Ware, or another UDFA or unheralded back ready to be tossed aside due to next man up mentality - and his contract is too "onerous" for the Rams to simply toss aside (until 2022) - heck his 2020 salary & bonuses are already locked in- so obviously he is not going anywhere either. So if he can play, he will play, and he should be able to produce now that they have had an off-season to deal with the issue.

Further if Henderson is Kamara to Gurleys Ingram - just remember that Ingram was still RB6 in 2017 and still had RB2 production with RB1 upside in 2018 after returning from his suspension. Obviously that is not ideal when you compare it to Gurley 2018 or 2017 - but it is certainly a lot better than nothing - and thats just 1 possible outcome.

Basically just trying to say that there are plenty of potential outcomes and not all of them have to be doom & gloom for either Henderson or Gurley. Up to you to decide your comfort level with one/both players - maybe you avoid both - maybe you buy both.

Regardless I certainly have no issues with anyone who wants to go all in on Henderson to the effect of an early 1st, or wants to get out of Gurley even to selling at 50% of value. Swing for a HR or aim for a bunt - whatever you decide that you need to do works for you - and go with that. I do think that the point being made by the title of the thread works - because as I've said before - time is quickly running out for owners that are on the fence - either you're in and you're in big - or you're out.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:32 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:28 pm Think we are seeing a lotta sour grapes from a lotta Gurley owners. Losing a top 5 RB who was just entering his prime has gotta hurt. Anger, frustration, denial. It's totally transparent and understandable.
I've acquired all my Gurley "shares" since the "news" came out. I've got nothing to be sour about, personally, I just legitimately think the entire thing is overblown. Just because people don't believe a largely media driven narrative doesn't necessarily mean they have sour grapes. Especially when the outcome is uncertain. We don't know that Gurley won't be top 5. There is a chance he won't be, but there was that chance anyway. I don't think there is too much denial going on. I haven't seen any Gurley owner saying there is absolutely nothing to worry about, or that he won't perhaps lose some touches, so there really isn't any denial going on, unless it's denying the absolute truth of a speculative narrative, in which everybody should deny.

I think most Gurley owners are aware his production won't be quite the same, as he will have a slight decline in his workload, but personally I got that baked into the price of acquiring him. Nobody that I have seen has argued that everything will stay exactly how it has been the last few years, but if you are talking about people questioning the extreme stance some are taking on his future, of course, and it should be expected, because there are almost no facts driving the narrative that Gurley will take a huge dip in touches or production.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:40 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:53 pm December 2018 and January 2019 would argue otherwise.
We shall see. That's the point. Nobody knows. If the Rams had lost to Dallas, none of this would be even talked about. Reggie Bush also heard he got a bone bruise (ie wear and tear) that game, which you can't speed up the recovery and it hurts like hell. He finished the year playing hurt. We know that. He has 7 months to heal up. We'll see what happens. It's all speculation at this point, and the Rams have stated specifically that he will continue to be a centrepiece to the offense, but that they will manage his touches. They are planning for a 19-20 game season, it makes sense. It's getting discussed ad nauseam. Just going to have to wait. Negative news sells, especially in the off season, when there is nothing to talk about, so regurgitating speculation keeps people active.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick