The Tyreek Hill Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:40 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:54 am
hockeyBjj wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:57 am So, had a big deal verbally accepted (he actually was the one to make the final offer I agreed to), then the guy got cold feet when it came time to actually make the deal on the platform

I gave: Tyreek Hill, Chris Godwin, Kenyan Drake, Jaylen Samuels (he has Connor), 2020 2nd.

I would get: Amari Cooper, Fournette, 2019 1.09, 2020 1st (mid-late)

Trying to simply move Hill has been impossible for not laughable value, but capitalizing on someone else wanting to sell Fournette and also the Godwin hype could have rolled this into something beneficial I felt. But alas

His initial offer was Cooper, Fournette, 1.09, and some 4ths and 5th for Hill, Godwin, and Drake. I just wanted a bit more value to move Hill since I'm thinking he eats a 1 year suspension but then is back.
You got greedy. I would have taken that first deal.
Shcritters wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:08 pm
perkinsrooster wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:02 pm That deal was way lopsided in your favor.
X2
So I had been kicking myself for getting greedy and undervalueing Amari Cooper

But he came back to me and offered it :) so I did get the 2020 1st added for my 2020 2nd :) worked out perfectly, but I realize I got lucky there. Trade partner currently getting lit up in chat lol
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:57 pm

Struggling to see the value comparison between the two sides and why someone would accept that. Care to do the comparison since you tossed it over to him?

DelawareRiverEagles
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby DelawareRiverEagles » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:16 pm

So when is this guy getting cut?

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:46 pm

Starting to think the most that happens is he's suspended for 6-8 games and comes back.

DelawareRiverEagles
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby DelawareRiverEagles » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:11 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:46 pm Starting to think the most that happens is he's suspended for 6-8 games and comes back.
He'll probably get the AP treatment tbh.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:36 am

FiremanEd wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:57 pm Struggling to see the value comparison between the two sides and why someone would accept that. Care to do the comparison since you tossed it over to him?
He initially offered it to me. I got him to add the league champ's 2020 1st for Jaylen Samuels and my 2020 2nd

justification would look like
Hill = Cooper +half of 1.09, Cooper was a 1 year flash after two down years so very unknown what his future is. Hill I myself think gets an 8-12 weeks suspension (one year at absolute worst) and then is back as a top 5 fantasy WR
Godwin = Fournette + half of 1.09. Fournette can't stay healthy and may not get 5th year option with owner angry at his attitude, Godwin hype is through the roof and I've heard others expecting him to out produce Evans this year
Drake + 2nd = 2020 1st.

Obviously people who are doom and gloom about Hill won't like this at all, but for people with a more realistic outlook it looks closer. I see it as myself winning by a solid 1st, but depending on Hill's outcome it could end up being a slight win for the other side or a complete and utter steal for myself (which many now see it as, but those are the fools saying Hill will never play again and sell him for a 3rd)
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:55 am

Interesting take. You are quite fortunate to have found the trade partner that you did, as those valuations are a far cry from the vast majority of marketplaces. Hill for a 3rd is the other end of the spectrum and has an ocean in between, so those are not the markets I am referring to alone. I too own Hill, but wouldn't put his value close to Cooper at this time. The risk variance is clearly much higher and an 8-12 week suspension plus the incremental considerations that come with it reduce his stock more than you've clearly been willing to acknowledge. It will be interesting to see your opinion change now that you do not own Hill, but nonetheless a big win for you regardless of what happens when taking into consideration the risks. Congrats I suppose, but lets acknowledge this is an outlier and nothing else in terms of value.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:13 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:36 am
FiremanEd wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:57 pm Struggling to see the value comparison between the two sides and why someone would accept that. Care to do the comparison since you tossed it over to him?
He initially offered it to me. I got him to add the league champ's 2020 1st for Jaylen Samuels and my 2020 2nd

justification would look like
Hill = Cooper +half of 1.09, Cooper was a 1 year flash after two down years so very unknown what his future is. Hill I myself think gets an 8-12 weeks suspension (one year at absolute worst) and then is back as a top 5 fantasy WR
Godwin = Fournette + half of 1.09. Fournette can't stay healthy and may not get 5th year option with owner angry at his attitude, Godwin hype is through the roof and I've heard others expecting him to out produce Evans this year
Drake + 2nd = 2020 1st.

Obviously people who are doom and gloom about Hill won't like this at all, but for people with a more realistic outlook it looks closer. I see it as myself winning by a solid 1st, but depending on Hill's outcome it could end up being a slight win for the other side or a complete and utter steal for myself (which many now see it as, but those are the fools saying Hill will never play again and sell him for a 3rd)
Do you think Hill is a top 5 receiver if he's not on the Chiefs, because I would guess he won't be after this year? My feelings on Hill are well known, but I think the risk is he doesn't play again at all. I think the idea that Hill is worth more than Cooper at this point is where you went off. Cooper had 2 straight years of over 1000 yards to start his career, before having a down year that was plagued by injuries in 2017. I think you need to take into consideration where other people value Hill at this point, when trying to move him, because it isn't a sellers market. Good thing you got a 2nd opportunity, but if you really believe that Hill will be back to a top 5 WR in a year at most, you probably should have held. Ultimately though, I think you will look back and be glad you made this move.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:24 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:46 pm Starting to think the most that happens is he's suspended for 6-8 games and comes back.
I hope so but this thing could blow up at any given moment.

CrimeLord
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CrimeLord » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:36 am

If he's suspended only 6-8 games, I wonder what the Chiefs will do regarding a new contract.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:46 am

CrimeLord wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:36 am If he's suspended only 6-8 games, I wonder what the Chiefs will do regarding a new contract.
I expect that another team with far more cap to play with will make Hill a better offer barring any further incidents.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:52 am

What happens if the opened case is just perpetually "ongoing"? Does he just stay suspended by the team indefinitely? What if there is no close to the investigation by September? The NFL says they are waiting for the legal system to finish it's investigation. What if they just continue to drag it out? They seemed like they knew something happened, with the signs pointing to Hill being the culprit, and they just couldn't prove which one did it. Is there a statute of limitations of sorts on something like this, or can they just keep on "investigating" to no end?

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:10 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:52 am What happens if the opened case is just perpetually "ongoing"? Does he just stay suspended by the team indefinitely? What if there is no close to the investigation by September? The NFL says they are waiting for the legal system to finish it's investigation. What if they just continue to drag it out? They seemed like they knew something happened, with the signs pointing to Hill being the culprit, and they just couldn't prove which one did it. Is there a statute of limitations of sorts on something like this, or can they just keep on "investigating" to no end?
Tyreek still has rights, one of which being a "speedy trial," until he's actually proven guilty.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:16 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:10 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:52 am What happens if the opened case is just perpetually "ongoing"? Does he just stay suspended by the team indefinitely? What if there is no close to the investigation by September? The NFL says they are waiting for the legal system to finish it's investigation. What if they just continue to drag it out? They seemed like they knew something happened, with the signs pointing to Hill being the culprit, and they just couldn't prove which one did it. Is there a statute of limitations of sorts on something like this, or can they just keep on "investigating" to no end?
Tyreek still has rights, one of which being a "speedy trial," until he's actually proven guilty.
But you don't get a trial until you are arrested, no? If they are just investigating, there is no charge yet. The Chiefs and NFL are waiting for the end of the investigation, which has no end in sight at this point.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:34 pm

AP was placed on some sort of leave with Minnesota. Same with TO during his driveway push up incident.

He may still be able to collect pay but I doubt he steps foot on team facility until there's some clear legal resolution.