Team Building: James Conner & ARob

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
oogieboogie
Role Player
Role Player

Team Building: James Conner & ARob

Postby oogieboogie » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:11 pm

This post is in regard to the 2nd team in my signature. It is 16 teams, PPR, TE Prem (1.5ppr) and has 9 starters. 30 man rosters in the off-season (till September).

I have been relatively checked out of fantasy altogether since the season ended. Short answer: life took precedence. Now, I'm getting back into the swing of things. Would like to spitball to get things rolling again.

I've been trying to offload James Conner and (possibly) Robinson for a better TE and/or WR/RB depth. I offered Conner + ARob for Evans, it was rejected. Been thinking of offering Conner/ARob for M. Thoma (longshot!)
Been considering offering Conner for Kittle.
Also, would kind of like to go after Winston (value is down, I think, but could be nice value + young QB to with my super old QB group.) However, I'm of the thought that going after WR/RB depth is better and when it comes to TE just try to purchase 1 or 2 whatever players to find some production to add to my group. Guys that come to mind would be Burton, Hooper, Walker, Olsen, Herndon, Reed.
Buying QBs/TEs in this league is pretty difficult. Owners usually want a pretty penny for those positions no matter how average they are.
Also been mulling over pursuing WR depth from players like Fitzgerald, Edelman, Valdez, Robbie Anderson. Not sure I have the $ to get them.

Anyway, what do you guys think of this roster and my plans? I earned the 1.16 last year but lost in the Super Bowl (It's basically two 16 team leagues and then the champs from each league compete for overall champion). I'd like to get back there but will need to avoid injuries (Gurley??) and make me TE group stronger. thanks for reading my late night rambling.
12 teams - PPR
1QB, 2-4RB, 3-5WR, 1-3TE

QB-Ryan, Tua, Fitz, Winston
RB-Zeke, Gurley, Conner, Henry, McKinnon, Drake
WR-Adams, Cooper, Woods, Parker, Pittman, M.Jones, DJax, MVS, Fitz, Foster
TE-Cook, Alie-Cox, Fells, Doyle, Okwuegbunam
Draft Picks: 2021 1,2,3,4,4

League Champion: 2017, 2018, 2019

themburns
Starter
Starter

Re: Team Building: James Conner & ARob

Postby themburns » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:54 am

I think the team is competitive, but I don't know if you have the depth to bundle together Conner/Robinson for a bigger piece. I understand wanting to cash out on Conner, and it's hard for me to fathom in a league where 32 RBs must start weekly, that you can't get a bundle for him. TE is your biggest priority, IMO. The TE premium shouldn't boost their values so much that you can't get a TE 4-7+ change back.

As for Gurley, it depends on your leaguemates. I can't say for sure where your equilibrium point of risk/reward is on Gurley, that's personal, but I've seen particularly sharky teams bundling a decent WR with Gurley to get a more stable asset. I'd approach the Kamara and CMC owners with something like Gurley + Brown. Or, you could lean into things, sell off the 2020 draft while there is significant hype, that might give you the depth to package a few starters. I doubt any of the picks other than the 1sts would be players of note in the settings, given your roster strength.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:06 am

Your team is pretty solid overall outside of your TE position. I think moving Conner would leave you too think at RB and would not be the best move for your build. I'm not a big Robinson guy so I would move him for the right price. I think Robinson still holds enough value that he could be the key to getting an upgrade at TE. I would start there and see what kind of offers you can put together. If your league has a group feed or league board, post that Robinson is on the block and you are looking for TE help.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:36 am

If you can move Conner for Kittle straight up, I'd definitely do that, especially in a TE prem format.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

oogieboogie
Role Player
Role Player

Postby oogieboogie » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:08 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:36 am If you can move Conner for Kittle straight up, I'd definitely do that, especially in a TE prem format.
Probably will pursue this. Thanks and thanks to others for responding too
12 teams - PPR
1QB, 2-4RB, 3-5WR, 1-3TE

QB-Ryan, Tua, Fitz, Winston
RB-Zeke, Gurley, Conner, Henry, McKinnon, Drake
WR-Adams, Cooper, Woods, Parker, Pittman, M.Jones, DJax, MVS, Fitz, Foster
TE-Cook, Alie-Cox, Fells, Doyle, Okwuegbunam
Draft Picks: 2021 1,2,3,4,4

League Champion: 2017, 2018, 2019

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:20 am

patriotsbeatz wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:08 pm
WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:36 am If you can move Conner for Kittle straight up, I'd definitely do that, especially in a TE prem format.
Probably will pursue this. Thanks and thanks to others for responding too

Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd