Darrell Henderson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Re: Darrell Henderson

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:12 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:51 amWell he fell all the way down to 1.13 in DLF PL, and that's where I took him. Seeing as nearly all 1st round rookie RBs appreciate in value going into their 2nd year, I'm fine with this pick. He's gonna appreciate almost surely and may have an opportunity for some significant touches if Gurley's wonky knee stays wonky.
I wouldn't say "appreciate almost surely". I think he's a niche player and the Rams will try to use him wisely.... TRY being the key word.

You're gonna wish you took Campbell with that pick soon enough.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:13 pm

Michael Lombardi:
Gurley's knee was a medical concern coming out of Georgia, most of the NFL was in shock when the Rams gave him that huge deal on his second contract, not because of talent, rather because of his knee.

ProFootballTalk
Although the offseason is a time for unbridled enthusiasm, @JayGlazer acknowledges that Rams RB Todd Gurley's knee is "a concern"

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:18 pm

Because fantasy football, is well, fantasy football unpredictable, it will end up being Malcolm Brown being the benefactor. Even if that would make the least amount of sense.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:30 pm

sugbear65 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:22 am
NoRiskItNoBiscuit wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:17 am
Orenthal Shames wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:10 am

You fellas MD, DO, or DPTs?
yes
Does it really matter though? If they can’t agree, what’s the takeaway here? Neither one is Gurly’s doctor, so they are just speculating like the rest of us. Maybe from a better vantage, but still guessing. If I’m gonna trust a medical evaluation I’ll listen to inside sources that have better info about the situation and a verifiable medical history.
Nearly everything is fantasy is speculation. I've kept mine to myself, because I don't specialize in radiology or ortho. If they do, or are DPTs, their opinions carry more weight imo. If not, i tend to agree with you.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:42 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:13 pm Michael Lombardi:
Gurley's knee was a medical concern coming out of Georgia, most of the NFL was in shock when the Rams gave him that huge deal on his second contract, not because of talent, rather because of his knee.

ProFootballTalk
Although the offseason is a time for unbridled enthusiasm, @JayGlazer acknowledges that Rams RB Todd Gurley's knee is "a concern"
“It is a concern,” Jay Glazer writes in his latest Q&A for TheAthletic.com, regarding Gurley’s knee. “The sky isn’t falling but even now, they’re being smart about it. It did swell up on him last year, this is a knee that has had wear and tear. Eventually, you’re going to factor this in especially with them having to sit him down the stretch last year. It’s not all doom and gloom, but it is definitely something you have to monitor and be prepared for in case that thing blows up on him again. We already learned that lesson last year. That’s why he isn’t doing any on-field work yet.”
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Gtdano_14 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:21 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:12 pm You're gonna wish you took Campbell with that pick soon enough.
The RB guy talking about a WR? Does that mean Campbell will struggle since you’re bragging him up a bit???
16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, B. Mayfield
RB- D. Cook, Zeke, J. Jacobs, J. McKinnon, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, C. Sutton, M. Brown, H. Ruggs, S. Miller
TE- G. Kittle, Enron, C. Herndon
'21 Picks- 1.12

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:23 pm

Gtdano_14 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:21 pm
dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:12 pm You're gonna wish you took Campbell with that pick soon enough.
The RB guy talking about a WR? Does that mean Campbell will struggle since you’re bragging him up a bit???
LOL. I think it's more that he doesn't like Henderson than he's bragging up Campbell.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:29 pm

If you think you’ll be any more happier after taking Campbell you will be sorely mistaken. Campbell’s low percentile BA, low percentile final DR, and low career DR gives him an incredibly low chance of being anymore than a solid WR3. Come up with all the excuses you want (where he played), no top WR in the past 10-15 years has had that combination of bad analytics and scores in the top 24 more than twice.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:41 pm

Parris also barely averaged 10 yards per catch, despite being super fast, shifty and on a team with many other weapons. You know who else had that kind of profile... Well he went high in the 1st round to St Louis a few years ago and rhymes with Raydon Mustin.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:55 am

Gtdano_14 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:21 pm
dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:12 pmYou're gonna wish you took Campbell with that pick soon enough.
Well he was the next player off the board. :)
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:59 am

sugbear65 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:22 am
NoRiskItNoBiscuit wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:17 am
Orenthal Shames wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:10 am

You fellas MD, DO, or DPTs?
yes
Does it really matter though? If they can’t agree, what’s the takeaway here? Neither one is Gurly’s doctor, so they are just speculating like the rest of us. Maybe from a better vantage, but still guessing. If I’m gonna trust a medical evaluation I’ll listen to inside sources that have better info about the situation and a verifiable medical history.
I can assure you that I am not speculating. You should take your own advice in that last sentence :wink:

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:31 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:41 pm Parris also barely averaged 10 yards per catch, despite being super fast, shifty and on a team with many other weapons. You know who else had that kind of profile... Well he went high in the 1st round to St Louis a few years ago and rhymes with Raydon Mustin.
everyone should read this carefully.

but then austin had jeff fisher as a coach and he wasn't really big on doing things the right way and surrounding himself with good offensive coaches. by the time mcvay came round austin was a lost cause. coaching is everything in player's early years.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:37 am

I got him in the 3rd round of my 10 team draft in main league, Gurley owner offered me Chris Herndon, who is someone I tried getting off him earlier in the offseason for an early 2nd pick but he declined.

Am I dumb for holding for the homerun swing on Henderson just because I see him going late 1st in other drafts, and not selling an overhyped handcuff for a TE I like in what would be a quick profit of mid 3rd to early 2nd value?
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:00 pm

The earlier Kamar references seemed eerily familiar, like just last year familiar. Then I found this
https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/3/2/1 ... nnessee-rb and realized I had read the same last year.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

fruity pebbles
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby fruity pebbles » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:09 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:37 am I got him in the 3rd round of my 10 team draft in main league, Gurley owner offered me Chris Herndon, who is someone I tried getting off him earlier in the offseason for an early 2nd pick but he declined.

Am I dumb for holding for the homerun swing on Henderson just because I see him going late 1st in other drafts, and not selling an overhyped handcuff for a TE I like in what would be a quick profit of mid 3rd to early 2nd value?
Herndon wouldn’t move the meter for me.