Darrell Henderson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Re: Darrell Henderson

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:53 am

Valhalla wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:13 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 8:57 am Literally tons of people have been saying this throughout this thread.
What does their cumulative weight have to do with anything? Also...”tons” would imply 4000+ lbs of people. I think you’re calling them out for being fat...but not sure...
Who you calling fat, fatty?
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:56 am

NoRiskItNoBiscuit wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:58 am
Valhalla wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:19 am Also...the info provided on arthritis...isn’t exactly true...all the time. It CAN get better...temporarily...with microfracture. Or, more recently, with PRP. Or...it can possibly get better on a more long-standing basis with stem cell injections, depending on the type and degree of degeneration.
This is not a true statement
microfracture is for small areas of cartilage damage. not large surface area arthritis
Stem Cell injections have shown poor results

arthritis may feel better very short term with those things, but it won't get better, and it may not cut down the swelling he has been experiencing. oddly enough, treatment for the swelling is the worst thing for his arthritis
Not sure what your expertise is...but I’d say tibial plateau or distal femoral cartilage loss are good bets to what is going on with his knee. They DO get temporary results (as I said) with microfracture. And yes...cartilage loss IS a form/stage of “degenerative arthritis,” which is all we really know. Unless you’re one of his providers?

Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:26 am

Valhalla wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:56 am
Valhalla wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:19 am Also...the info provided on arthritis...isn’t exactly true...all the time. It CAN get better...temporarily...with microfracture. Or, more recently, with PRP. Or...it can possibly get better on a more long-standing basis with stem cell injections, depending on the type and degree of degeneration.
microfracture is for small areas of cartilage damage. not large surface area arthritis

arthritis may feel better very short term with those things, but it won't get better, and it may not cut down the swelling he has been experiencing. oddly enough, treatment for the swelling is the worst thing for his arthritis
Not sure what your expertise is...but I’d say tibial plateau or distal femoral cartilage loss are good bets to what is going on with his knee. They DO get temporary results (as I said) with microfracture. And yes...cartilage loss IS a form/stage of “degenerative arthritis,” which is all we really know. Unless you’re one of his providers?
I care to not divulge who I am. Possible legal ramifications. But i will say you wrong in thinking these will make it better at this point

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:39 pm

NoRiskItNoBiscuit wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:26 am
Valhalla wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:56 am

I care to not divulge who I am. Possible legal ramifications. But i will say you wrong in thinking these will make it better at this point
I’m not saying they will make Gurley better, because I am not privy to his charts. I have no clue as to the extent of his damage.
I was saying arthritis and possible treatment, as it was being argued, was wrong. It CAN get better, at least temporarily and symptomatically, with various methods. I was just pointing out the flaw in the certainty of the posts saying it can’t get easier for anyone with arthritis, and only kept at bay or get worse. That’s just a misinformed contributor with a posting style of authoritative certainty that leads those who lack the knowledge to just trust.

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:15 pm

sugbear65 wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 8:02 pm I think one thing is clear, he’s a decisive player. Seems like people feel strongly one way or another on him, not much “eh, he’s ok” middle ground.
I’m kinda Meh on him talent-wise. I do think he’s shaping up to be a possibly nice investment because of stuff stated in this thread.

@vahalla: not callin you out, genuinely interested: can you point me/us the right way to verify what you’re arguing? Far as I know with arthritis, cartilage health, etc, post acl reconstruction, it does not get better. Can manage symptoms sure, maybe that’s just semantics too?
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:37 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:17 amI may need to make a bold move in a few hours when my 1.06 pick comes up.
Oh, for the love of god......

FINE! Do what you want!
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:32 pm

honcho55 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:15 pm
sugbear65 wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 8:02 pm I think one thing is clear, he’s a decisive player. Seems like people feel strongly one way or another on him, not much “eh, he’s ok” middle ground.
I’m kinda Meh on him talent-wise. I do think he’s shaping up to be a possibly nice investment because of stuff stated in this thread.

@vahalla: not callin you out, genuinely interested: can you point me/us the right way to verify what you’re arguing? Far as I know with arthritis, cartilage health, etc, post acl reconstruction, it does not get better. Can manage symptoms sure, maybe that’s just semantics too?
I think people are misunderstanding what I am saying. An athlete with cartilage wear (or even so significant that it’s “bone on bone,” can get TEMPORARILY “better” by having a microfracture, PRP, stem cell (yes sometimes it works and nothing is guaranteed), etc...prolonging their careers by easing symptoms. That is better, even if not for the long run...it’s better in the immediate, and that’s what we care about for the athlete. Post-career...no I don’t think a microfracture is in his best interest.

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:17 pm

Valhalla wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:32 pm
honcho55 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:15 pm

I think people are misunderstanding what I am saying. An athlete with cartilage wear (or even so significant that it’s “bone on bone,” can get TEMPORARILY “better” by having a microfracture, PRP, stem cell (yes sometimes it works and nothing is guaranteed), etc...prolonging their careers by easing symptoms. That is better, even if not for the long run...it’s better in the immediate, and that’s what we care about for the athlete. Post-career...no I don’t think a microfracture is in his best interest.

Gotcha. My take there is, sure there’s options for symptom management, and I’ve heard some rumblings here (I’m near Mayo Clinic, they are cutting edge on a lot of stuff) about new treatment options. I have no doubt NFL teams have access to cutting edge, wherever it’s coming from. But, I guess to sum it up, there enough evidence for me and my knowledge of the injury that I’m dinging him.

With that, I’ll quit beating the dead horse haha
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:45 pm

he isn't a candidate for microfracture

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:35 pm

NoRiskItNoBiscuit wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:45 pm he isn't a candidate for microfracture
I figured not...as it would have been done by now if he were going to do it.
Again, I wasn’t speaking to Gurley’s options and prognosis as I haven’t seen his knee so I have no good measure. I was just speaking to the matter of fact information about arthritis and how there are no options for improvement once a player is hampered by it. That’s just false info.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:10 am

Valhalla wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:35 pm
NoRiskItNoBiscuit wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:45 pm he isn't a candidate for microfracture
Again, I wasn’t speaking to Gurley’s options and prognosis as I haven’t seen his knee so I have no good measure. I was just speaking to the matter of fact information about arthritis and how there are no options for improvement once a player is hampered by it. That’s just false info.
You fellas MD, DO, or DPTs?
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:17 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:10 am
yes

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:22 am

NoRiskItNoBiscuit wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:17 am
Orenthal Shames wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:10 am

yes
Does it really matter though? If they can’t agree, what’s the takeaway here? Neither one is Gurly’s doctor, so they are just speculating like the rest of us. Maybe from a better vantage, but still guessing. If I’m gonna trust a medical evaluation I’ll listen to inside sources that have better info about the situation and a verifiable medical history.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:51 am

Well he fell all the way down to 1.13 in DLF PL, and that's where I took him. Seeing as nearly all 1st round rookie RBs appreciate in value going into their 2nd year, I'm fine with this pick. He's gonna appreciate almost surely and may have an opportunity for some significant touches if Gurley's wonky knee stays wonky.