FantasyDumDum
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Sell Now Players!!!

Postby FantasyDumDum » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:13 am

Bot101 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:51 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:30 am
DJB wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:55 am

I agree with all except CMC. I think he really explodes this year . He's bigger, and he also has a great schedule to take advantage of. I think at this point next year he is in discussions for 1.01 in startup.

Barkley is going to regress. I could see teams putting 8 or more in the box every time he is on the field . I mean Eli and a washed up Tate scare nobody and there is no deep threat from Eli as he can't throw . Teams if smart move their defenders close to the LOS.

CMC is going to have a monster year
RB's who gain weight aren't always a good thing. Can often lead to injuries. CMC can't really catch more passes. I think he's peaked out as a producer, but since he is one of only a few of the top RB's with no real issues of injury or personality, I think he's a hold.
CMC didntsee his explosion till Cam couldnt throw. If he gets another workload like he had last year he will breakdown sooner rather than later. And Cam isnt going to papercut a defense to death.
CMC is incredibly durable. It may be his best trait of all, and...his workload was less than that of the elite backs of the last several years, especially when you take into account that RB wear and tear correlates to carries, not snaps or targets. He only had 219 carries last year.

CMC and Kamara, more than any other of the elite RBs in the league, project to have the longest healthy careers based on their low usage carrying the ball compared to other elite RBs. That has already been shown by both throughout their college and pro careers where neither has had any real injury history to speak of(Kamara some minor knee sprain in 2016 at Tennessee) and CMC with basically nothing ever in his entire career(slight groin pull in college once, minor shoulder problem in NFL - that’s it).

The reason they are elite isn’t because of heavy usage because neither see heavy usage, it is because of their elite efficiency scoring near the top in the league in Fantasy Points Per Touch.
10 team, .5ppr, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: CMC, D Williams, Drake, Guice, Penny, RoJo, Breida, I Smith, Edmonds
WR: AB, ARob, Ridley, Jeffery, Shepard, Pettis, Miller, Washington, MVS, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Herndon, Andrews

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:37 am

jenkins.math wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:12 am
RB6 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:41 am
remedy29 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:36 am How is Adrian Peterson in any way a sell high player? He is currently ranked 62nd RB, according to mizelle. His sell high point was midpoint last year, not now.

Sell high players got to be players you think twice about getting rid of, because they are or are perceived to be good.

I'd suggest Guice is a sell high, he is ranked high for a player who has never played.

Connor. How long is he going to maintain his high volume?

Melvin Gordon. His value isn't going to get any higher and how much longer will he remain a top 10 RB?
Thread is sell now, not high. AP is an obviously sell now due to age. But I do believe he could put up another solid season. I got him as a throw-in for a team in desperate need of RB depth. Think he can be decent as a bye week or injury fill-in.
To be a sell now I feel like you have to get some sort of value in return. What are you realistically getting for AP? You said yourself you got him as a throw in? AP might get you a 3rd? For that price you might as well hold especially if you're a contender.

Same thing with people saying sell Corey Davis and/or ARob. Why would you sell them when their value is awful? That's poor asset management.
A third is not nothing and nothing is only slightly less than I would value AP at this point. I don’t see him getting the volume he got last year, so you’re basically hoping for TDs and defensive miscues for points.

The difference with Davis & ARob is their value could get better. Even if AP blows up week 1, you’re looking at what? A higher third? If he stumbles out of the gate, you won’t even get that third and you’ll be wasting a roster spot on a guy because of his name and the hope that he’ll go off the one week that you’re actually desperate enough to start him.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:49 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:12 am
RB6 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:41 am
remedy29 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:36 am How is Adrian Peterson in any way a sell high player? He is currently ranked 62nd RB, according to mizelle. His sell high point was midpoint last year, not now.

Sell high players got to be players you think twice about getting rid of, because they are or are perceived to be good.

I'd suggest Guice is a sell high, he is ranked high for a player who has never played.

Connor. How long is he going to maintain his high volume?

Melvin Gordon. His value isn't going to get any higher and how much longer will he remain a top 10 RB?
Thread is sell now, not high. AP is an obviously sell now due to age. But I do believe he could put up another solid season. I got him as a throw-in for a team in desperate need of RB depth. Think he can be decent as a bye week or injury fill-in.
To be a sell now I feel like you have to get some sort of value in return. What are you realistically getting for AP? You said yourself you got him as a throw in? AP might get you a 3rd? For that price you might as well hold especially if you're a contender.

Same thing with people saying sell Corey Davis and/or ARob. Why would you sell them when their value is awful? That's poor asset management.
Like I said, AP as a throw-in, for a contender in need of depth...solid pick up. If i was offered any any 3rd, I’d be all over it. Substantial difference between sell now and sell high.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

Irbir
Starter
Starter

Postby Irbir » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:00 am

Amari Cooper - Last chance to get out from under after what he did in Dallas. Take a close look at his Dallas numbers and he’s still the same boom or bust player who will lose you games with a 3 spot on a regular basis. Take out the Phil and Wash games and you’d swear his game by game line was from Oak.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:10 am

And who exactly is trading a 3rd round pick for AP at this point? Nobody.
With the same logic, all players with no value are sell now players.

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:39 am

Irbir wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:00 am Amari Cooper - Last chance to get out from under after what he did in Dallas. Take a close look at his Dallas numbers and he’s still the same boom or bust player who will lose you games with a 3 spot on a regular basis. Take out the Phil and Wash games and you’d swear his game by game line was from Oak.
I bought him, I feel like he will do good in Dallas, he did great in the playoffs as well.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Irbir
Starter
Starter

Postby Irbir » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:23 am

joeya2001 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:39 am
Irbir wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:00 am Amari Cooper - Last chance to get out from under after what he did in Dallas. Take a close look at his Dallas numbers and he’s still the same boom or bust player who will lose you games with a 3 spot on a regular basis. Take out the Phil and Wash games and you’d swear his game by game line was from Oak.
I bought him, I feel like he will do good in Dallas, he did great in the playoffs as well.
Sea: 7-106-0
LA: 6-65-1

Decent but not sure I’d say great. I think he will have a couple monster games this year like he always does but then lots of strings of 3-5 point games that kill you. Don’t get me wrong, not saying sell him for pennies on the dollar but I’m looking to move him for the right price while his value is back up.

BradysBunch
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby BradysBunch » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:31 am

Julio
AGJ
MG3

I don't think you will ever get more for them at this point.
9(yes 9) team / 28 man rosters
15/17/19/21 Champ
SF/PPR
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/flex/SF
Mahomes/TLAW/Fields
N. Harris/J. Williams/Gibbs/CEH/A. Jones/Hubbard/Haskins/Ingram
Kupp/Jefferson/Chase/Lamb/Hopkins/MT/Watson/Dotson/
Kelce/Hurst

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:33 am

BradysBunch wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:31 am Julio
AGJ
MG3

Thing is, at what point is it better to hold the production? What do you think you can get for AJG right now?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:46 am

BradysBunch wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:31 am Julio
AGJ
MG3

Sure, if I was in a rebuild situation. If I’m contending, the value I’d get in return is pretty unlikely to match the value I’d get hanging on to them. I’d rather ride the stud to the end, because short of a Calvin Johnson situation, they’re usually going to outperform their perceived risk.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:16 am

Irbir wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:23 am
joeya2001 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:39 am
Sea: 7-106-0
LA: 6-65-1

Decent but not sure I’d say great. I think he will have a couple monster games this year like he always does but then lots of strings of 3-5 point games that kill you. Don’t get me wrong, not saying sell him for pennies on the dollar but I’m looking to move him for the right price while his value is back up.

I think as long as he’s your WR2, then he’s a definite hold. I have him on several teams and on everyone of them, I have him paired with Julio(on 2 teams), D.Adams on 1 team, D.Hop on 1 team and M.Thomas on the other. As long as he’s paired with someone like that, he’s not a sell, imo.

FantasyDumDum
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyDumDum » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:48 pm

I believe the following players have peaked in value, are too old, have short career spans ahead of them, have injury concerns, and/or in general have a high probability of busting/declining/losing value quickly in the near future. Sell now unless necessary piece for contender:

Brees
Rivers
Roethlisberger
Brady

Bell
DJ
Gurley
Gordon

AB
Julio
AJG
Hilton

Ertz
Ebron
Cook
Rudolph

This is the type of roster you could enter the season hopeful with a lot of top talent, but could easily lose 1-2 starters at each position, or more, throughout the year. And by next year 7-8 or more of these guys could have hung it up or become fantasy irrelevant.

WR: AB, ARob, Ridley, Jeffery, Shepard, Pettis, Miller, Washington, MVS, Callaway

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:40 pm

The problem with the "old" players is that guys like AJG and Julio have already seen their value tank because rebuilders don't want them. I'd rather hold those kinds of uber productive players until the wheels fall off

FantasyDumDum
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyDumDum » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:43 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:40 pm The problem with the "old" players is that guys like AJG and Julio have already seen their value tank because rebuilders don't want them. I'd rather hold those kinds of uber productive players until the wheels fall off
Yeah that’s fair, but if you yourself are a rebuilder you held too long and still need to cut bait ASAP before their value further plummets. Contender can at least weigh options on these guys

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:49 pm

FantasyDumDum wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:43 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:40 pm The problem with the "old" players is that guys like AJG and Julio have already seen their value tank because rebuilders don't want them. I'd rather hold those kinds of uber productive players until the wheels fall off
Yeah that’s fair, but if you yourself are a rebuilder you held too long and still need to cut bait ASAP before their value further plummets. Contender can at least weigh options on these guys
Very true, if you are a rebuilder, these guys are Sell Yesterday lol