Undervalued TEs to target?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Undervalued TEs to target?

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri May 24, 2019 8:09 am

:wave: Can I interrupt for a moment and pause the debate on Bruce Arians's offensive scheme will impact Howard?

Am I the only one concerned that Howard has landed on IR in back-to-back seasons with foot/ankle injuries? For me, this is the bigger reason I'm hesitant to pay more than a late 1st for him.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Fri May 24, 2019 12:46 pm

Mark Andrews should really be on more people's radars. The most yards as a rookie TE the last 10 years aside from Evan Engram

He's shown a connection with Ljax who, for better or for worse, the Ravens have committed to

Ravens added some rookie WRs teams will need to at least cover, and Ljax week arm is better for middle of the field where his TE and slot will be and that's now cleared up

Dynasty Nerds just wrote an article about how Andrews showed skill slipping his routes in behind the linebackers who were frozen by not being able to commit on Ljax running or sticking to their coverage (and thus allowing ljax to run)

Andres ceiling isn't top 4 TE, but his floor I think will be top 12 unless Hayden Hurst makes a comeback in a big way
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri May 24, 2019 1:31 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 12:46 pm Dynasty Nerds just wrote an article about how Andrews showed skill slipping his routes in behind the linebackers who were frozen by not being able to commit on Ljax running or sticking to their coverage (and thus allowing ljax to run)
They also just wrote an article advocating taking Isabella at 1.01 and not trading back, so there's that.

Andrews is a fine buy-low, I'm not disagreeing with you. I just wouldn't use the dumbest minds in fantasy football to make your point.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri May 24, 2019 3:57 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 1:31 pm
hockeyBjj wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 12:46 pm Dynasty Nerds just wrote an article about how Andrews showed skill slipping his routes in behind the linebackers who were frozen by not being able to commit on Ljax running or sticking to their coverage (and thus allowing ljax to run)
They also just wrote an article advocating taking Isabella at 1.01 and not trading back, so there's that.

Andrews is a fine buy-low, I'm not disagreeing with you. I just wouldn't use the dumbest minds in fantasy football to make your point.
I wouldn't use a single article to tar or elevate an entire website/group.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Fri May 24, 2019 5:54 pm

Just got goedert for a second in one of my leagues. Everybody go see what it takes to get him. I think he is going to be on the field a lot this year and if anything happens to Ertz, he’s going to explode.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri May 24, 2019 6:18 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 3:57 pm

First, it's more than a single article. That's just the biggest, stinkiest turd in that particular mountain of crap. Their process is bad. They're entirely film based without the film watching process of somebody like Waldman or Harmon. I would have called them the dumbest minds in fantasy football before I came across that post.

And second, the quality of the take matters. If a website had advised against trading Gurley for Barkley last year, okay, that's theoretically defensible. If a website says you should trade Barkley for Frank Gore straight up, for me, that calls the whole website into question for allowing that take to be published. Saying that you shouldn't trade back and should take Isabella at 1.01 is an indefensible position, even if he's the next Beckham.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri May 24, 2019 7:01 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:18 pm

First, it's more than a single article. That's just the biggest, stinkiest turd in that particular mountain of crap. Their process is bad. They're entirely film based without the film watching process of somebody like Waldman or Harmon. I would have called them the dumbest minds in fantasy football before I came across that post.

And second, the quality of the take matters. If a website had advised against trading Gurley for Barkley last year, okay, that's theoretically defensible. If a website says you should trade Barkley for Frank Gore straight up, for me, that calls the whole website into question for allowing that take to be published. Saying that you shouldn't trade back and should take Isabella at 1.01 is an indefensible position, even if he's the next Beckham.
Didn’t read the article, but I’d rather read a well written case for doing something I strongly disagree with than a poorly written case on something that’s obvious.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri May 24, 2019 7:08 pm

ericanadian wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 7:01 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:18 pm

Didn’t read the article, but I’d rather read a well written case for doing something I strongly disagree with than a poorly written case on something that’s obvious.
We’re so far off the rails, but this is an absurd non-sequitur. That has nothing to do with the point, which is that the site in question posts garbage analysis.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Fri May 24, 2019 7:36 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:09 am Am I the only one concerned that Howard has landed on IR in back-to-back seasons with foot/ankle injuries? For me, this is the bigger reason I'm hesitant to pay more than a late 1st for him.
Two seasons isn't a large sample size, but the fact that it's been foot/ankle injuries both times does worry me. Prompted me to invest in Hock in my TE Premium league where I already had OJ.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Sun May 26, 2019 5:14 pm

MontrealBen wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 4:33 am
Ice wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:16 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:32 pm Ben Watson came out of retirement to sign with the Patriots. IDK. I probably wouldn't touch him.
For a one year rental I sure would
Contract details just came out. $3M for the year, more than they're paying any other TE. He'll be their top TE, and kills ASJs value IMO. I grabbed him with my 4th round pick in a 12-teamer TE-premium league, and I think he'll be just fine as a stop gap starter for a year.

Unless the Pats decide to go out and trade for Rudolph, of course. ;)
Ben Watson just got busted for performance enhancing drugs and will be hit with a 4 game suspension. I guess this could open the door for ASJ now.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun May 26, 2019 6:59 pm

Interesting enough; him & the Pats knew it was coming before he signed..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri May 31, 2019 8:56 pm

Ironically enough Jermaine Gresham & Coby Fleener were also TEs that were highly drafted and highly coveted coming out. I do not think using them as reasons why Arians had bad TEs is a legit argument.

https://www.sbnation.com/2009/10/11/108 ... ne-gresham
https://www.sbnation.com/2012/4/17/2954 ... ing-report
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/115 ... ect#slide5
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Fri May 31, 2019 9:07 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 7:33 am Regarding Howard- what's the best finish from a TE over the past 5 years who wasn't the biggest receiving threat on his own team? It seems like the presence of a guy like Evans really caps his ceiling.

2018: Eric Ebron put up 222.2 PPR points with Hilton hurt, Cook put up 193.6 with Cooper getting traded. Hooper scored 163 points.
2017: Delanie Walker put up 174 and Engram put up 173 with Davis and Beckham missing time, respectively.
2016: Kyle Rudolph scored 209 points, although Diggs and Thielen hadn't really broken out, starting 11 and 10 games. Rudolph out-targeted each of them.
2015: Gary Barnidge had a crazy 237 point season, but he was still that team's primary target, securing the same number of targets as Travis Benjamin and more red-zone looks. Tyler Eifert's 191.5 point season despite a full AJ Green year seems like a reasonable comparable.
2014: Antonio Gates put up 223 points and was TE3 despite having Keenan Allen around, and Martellus Bennett scored 221.6 despite being the 3rd target on his own team (Alshon, Forte).

Looking at all these seasons combined, the top 12 PPR seasons from TEs the past 5 years all came from guys who were their team's best pass catcher. Antonio Gates' 2014 season is the best season with a player comparable to Mike Evans fighting for targets. I'd agree that his ceiling is probably lower than what we've seen from Kelce, Ertz, and Kittle, and it's probably lower than Engram's as well. I think concerns about Arians' offense are overblown with regard to his floor, at least based on what I'm reading here, but I do think that the combination of Arians' offense not getting Howard enough targets and Evans' presence capping his TD upside makes it harder to see a scenario where he's above that 220 point threshold without a major injury to somebody.
Well, I’d say the best finish is Kelce as the TE1 last year in PPR, while T. Hill was the WR 1. Doesn’t seem like either one capped the other there.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:21 am

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... o-patriots

He may already have been mentioned but Michael Roberts just got traded to the Patriots, so another name to keep in consideration.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:12 am

Keep an eye on Knox in BUF, and Waller in OAK.
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Harrison, TILLMAN, Marshall, Jefferson TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington KRAFT PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC RB—BIJAN, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, HULL, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Allen, TILLMAN, Boyd, Woods, HUTCHINSON, DOUGLAS TE—Kelce, Kmet, Schultz, Parham PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Howell RB—BIJAN, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, HULL, GRAY WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, Myers, Hardman, Reynolds BOUTTE TE—Kmet, Smith, Hurst, Ertz, KRAFT PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: BIJAN, BRob, ZWhite, Hines, TDP, McLaughlin WR: Higgins, JSN, JWilliams, DJM, RMoore, DOWNS, Atwell, TILLMAN, BOUTTE, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, CJONES TE: Trautman, Ferguson, KRAFT, Hooper