Sell
42%

Total votes: 205

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Buy Or Sell D'Onta Foreman?

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed May 22, 2019 9:56 pm

Foreman is a sell. As soon as the Texans came out of the draft without a RB, it became a good sell. I would not bank on Foreman being the first RB to successfully come back from that injury. You're betting against the odds if you do.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed May 22, 2019 10:04 pm

Servo wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:28 am In Houston not drafting an RB, does it speak more towards what they think of Miller or what they see in Foreman? Probably both.
Alternative explanation: they didn't like this rookie class's RBs, a sentiment shared by many.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu May 23, 2019 3:31 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:56 pm Foreman is a sell. As soon as the Texans came out of the draft without a RB, it became a good sell. I would not bank on Foreman being the first RB to successfully come back from that injury. You're betting against the odds if you do.
This board seems to be setting him up for massive failure as well. Even regular hardcore football fans don't know who he is and likely never will

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Thu May 23, 2019 7:55 am

ninotoreS wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:46 pm
Trying to trade for Duke especially is a grim indicator regarding Houston's view of Foreman, i.e. they're already looking past him, and not counting on him. Even besides that, no one can point to any evidence from Houston themselves that they're eager to move Foreman up the chart. No coachspeak, nothing. Everything said by the staff regarding Foreman has been with a tone / subtext of "we're just hoping he can be of some help this year".
I agree with most of what you said in this post, but I disagree with this strong notion that having interest in Duke Johnson is an obvious red flag to Foreman owners.

I don't think it moves the needle either way, but you could make an argument that Foreman & Duke compliment each other better than Miller / Duke or Miller / Foreman. Foreman could be the early down thunder to Duke's lightning. I highly doubt any team is trading for Duke in order to make him their lead-back, he's much better suited in a pass-catching, change of pace role.

Also, a team having any level of interest in a player widely regarded to be on the market does not carry the same weight to me as a team going out and spending legitimate capital to bring in competition. If the Texans ship out a late pick to bring in Duke, that's good business and I don't think an indication of Foreman at all.

I own Foreman, and am at least optimistic that he'll get some opportunities this year to show what he's got. Whether he can actually recover from his injury, then show enough to carve out a significant role away from Miller, and then show enough to land the starting job heading into 2020? Odds are very slim, but that's why his price tag should be cheap.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Wed May 29, 2019 1:24 pm

More positive news from Twitter today that Foreman is feeling 100pc healthy and has a chip on his shoulder. Miller is a FA after this year and I could see Houston giving Foreman a good hard look to know how much capital they need to invest into RB next year. Plus, Miller's just another guy. Foreman at least has athletic upside.

I swung Damien Harris for Donta Foreman to the Michel today, actually before that roto blurb was posted. It's this year or never for him. Here's hoping...

MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Postby MattDeezy » Wed May 29, 2019 2:28 pm

Karan Higdon will be a sneaky player to watch this year
Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, AR, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Ford, Mitchell, Pierce, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jamo, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed May 29, 2019 3:58 pm

MattDeezy wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 2:28 pm Karan Higdon will be a sneaky player to watch this year
Thanks for dropping the name here. Added him to my watch list.

His faceplant in the actual Senior Bowl game probably torpedoed his draft stock, but I also found reports praising his performance in the practices before the game, particularly in pass-protection and running backfield routes -- interesting, because he did very little passing-down work as a Wolverine.

One of the knocks on Foreman even completely aside from the Achilles thing is that he was a liability on passing-downs (decent hands, but couldn't protect or run a nuanced route), so I'm keeping an eye on the other RBs on the chart below Miller that look like they might be more reliable on passing-downs.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

DynastyDeepDive
Starter
Starter

Postby DynastyDeepDive » Wed May 29, 2019 5:13 pm

I am also looking past Foreman. Bet they draft a RB in next years draft.
In too many leagues to list players. Check out my Dynasty Deep Dive!

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Thu May 30, 2019 5:14 am

DynastyDeepDive wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 5:13 pm I am also looking past Foreman. Bet they draft a RB in next years draft.
Foreman has the ability and draft capital to make the Texans deprioritize the position next year. Miller is a UFA next year, so they could draft depth late to replace him. But Foreman is talented enough to take the starting job and prevent BoB from targetting an Akers/Dobbins type of player next year.

It all depends on how he plays this year -- how explosive can he be after this injury? How healthy can he stay?

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Thu May 30, 2019 7:15 am

With all the articles and blurbs surrounding Foreman right now...he's squarely in the limelight.

Yes, it's the offseason and talk is cheap until a player performs but so far, this situation does not sound like a team that's completely written the guy off.

davidxhorn
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby davidxhorn » Thu May 30, 2019 2:45 pm

He looks really good in his IG videos. I mean, this one is from a month ago:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwFXZWIlCeN/
Team 1 - 10 Team 0.5 PPR SuperFlex 27-man(2018 Champ)
Start 1x QB, 2x RB, 2x WR, 1x TE, 2x FLEX, 1x SF

QB: Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Trubisky
RB: Mixon, Henry, CEH, Darrell Henderson, Ronald Jones, Nyheim Hines
WR: Amari Cooper, Courtland Sutton, Tyler Boyd, AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Sammy Watkins, Robbie Anderson, Anthony Miller, Travis Fulgham
TE: Engram, Jonnu Smith
2021 Draft Picks: 1.03, 1.04, 1.05, 1.10, 2.02, 2.03

Team 2 - 12 Team 0.5 PPR 40-man(2018 + 2019 Champ)
1x QB, 3x RB, 3x WR, 1x TE, 1x FLEX, 1x SF

QB: Minshew, Bridgewater, Daniel Jones
RB: Ronald Jones, Conner, Gurley, Mike Davis, Deandre Swift
WR: Courtland Sutton, Sterling Shepard, Curtis Samuel, Tyler Boyd, Anthony Miller, Preston Williams
TE: Kelce, Ebron, Jonnu Smith
2021 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.12, 1x 2nd Rounder

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu May 30, 2019 2:59 pm

Lord_Varys wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 5:14 am Foreman has the ability and draft capital to make the Texans deprioritize the position next year.
The former... maybe? He hasn't shown it yet.

The latter... no. A 3rd round pick from three years ago (in 2020) is not enough draft capital spent to deprioritize anything.

Texans spent a 3rd on Braxton Miller in '16, then selected Coutee in '18 specifically to replace him after it was decided Braxton wasn't panning out as their slot-WR. And the Texans spent a 3rd on Warring this year at TE even after spending a 3rd on Akins last year and getting decent play as rookies from both him and 6th round pick Jordan Thomas.

A 3rd round pick spent is good draft capital insulation for a first year player. By year two the insulation is questionable if the former rookie in question didn't do enough to sell himself during his first season. By year three all bets are off.
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:29 pm

https://texanswire.usatoday.com/2019/06 ... n-college/

Hope for his sake that what he says is true. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:32 pm

Sold my last share of D’onta today. Wish him the best of luck, but I am not a believer at this point. That Achilles injury is just brutal to come back from.
Team 1: 12-team SF 0.5 PPR:
QB: Dak, Russ, Stafford, Geno, Dalton
RB: Harris, Gibson, Chubb, Cohen
WR: DK, Ridley, Kirk, Chark, Woods, C Samuel, Shepard, Reagor
TE: Fant, Knox
Team 2: 14-team PPR SF TEP:
QB: Wilson, Burrow, Geno, Foles
RB: Mixon, Gibson, Hines, Cohen, Pollard
WR: DJM, Cooper, Sutton, Deebo, R. Moore, ARSB, Eskridge, Renfrow
TE: Gesicki, Njoku, Arnold
Team 3: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Winston, Cam
RB: Harris, Ekeler, Dobbins
WR: Hill, AJB, Woods, Chark, Lockett
TE: Gesicki, OJH, Firkser
Team 4: 12-team SF TEP Devy
QB: Wilson, Geno, Ryan, Cousins
RB: Zeke, Chubb, Sanders, Pollard, Hines, Cohen, Henderson
WR: Cooper, Godwin, Sutton, JuJu, Samuel, Fuller, Shepard, Campbell
TE: Fant, Gesicki, Ertz, Freiermuth
Devy: Boutte, Young, Slovis, Harris
Team 5: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Dak, Lance, Jones, Cam
RB: Swift, Sanders, Dobbins, Pollard
WR: Sutton, DJM, Golladay, Chase, Pittman, Kirk, Campbell, Mims, Wallace
TE: Herndon, Gesicki, Freiermuth

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:42 pm

blemly wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:32 pm Sold my last share of D’onta today. Wish him the best of luck, but I am not a believer at this point. That Achilles injury is just brutal to come back from.
What did you get?