Darrell Henderson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Re: Darrell Henderson

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Wed May 29, 2019 3:28 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:13 pm https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2019/...- ... -role-knee

NFL Network’s Steve Wyche: “Absolutely not” any medical issues that will diminish Los Angeles Rams RB Todd Gurley in 2019

Some very telling specific language from the Rams via Wyche today.

By 3k@3k_ May 29, 2019, 1:09pm CDT

View: https://twitter.com/wyche89/status/1133 ... 91746?s=20

Per NFL Network’s Steve Wyche:

I was told by the [Los Angeles] Rams that after the season, after the Super Bowl, they came up with an offseason plan [for Rams RB Todd Gurley] that’s basically, “We’re going to do everything we’ve done in previous years except you are not going to be doing football work on the field during OTAs.”

Now I was told by the Rams and Travelle Gaines who trains a lot of NFL players including [New York Giants] running back Saquon Barkley and [Jacksonville Jaguars RB] Leonard Fournette that Gurley is in the Rams facility as [Rams Head Coach Sean] McVay said doing some strength and conditioning work, and then he works with Gaines several days a week doing strength and conditioning and agility work. The one thing that they are not doing is pounding-type drills such as running hills or doing work in the sand dunes of Southern California. Gaines, who has trained Gurley since his second season, said otherwise they’re not doing anything different.

The one change that Todd Gurley is going to make, and this is according to Travelle Gaines in conjunction with the Rams (there’s communication between both), is Todd Gurley’s goal is to play closer to 218 lbs. this season whereas last year he played closer to 224, 225.

They just said by lightening the load a little bit, they’re going to make him a little more agile, maybe make him even a little more dangerous in the passing game.

Gaines also said, “Is there any lingering effect from the ACL injury had when he was at the University of Georgia? Yes. That is common with all athletes, but it is not an every day thing. Now is there anything medical that the Rams or anyone is worrying about that’s going to diminish Todd Gurley? Absolutely not.”

This is simply a maintenance program. Something to take the load off so Todd Gurley can be better later in the season as opposed to maybe not having as much left.

Remember, last year was the most games Todd Gurley ever had to play, or the Rams had to play in Gurley’s tenure.
So the strength/conditioning guy that has been hired by Gurley is saying everything is fine. Glad we got that objective confirmation!

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Wed May 29, 2019 3:33 pm

it's funny how everyone jumps on whatever some hack in the media speculates on yet when direct quotes from within the organisation are put forward they scoff at them.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Wed May 29, 2019 3:37 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:33 pm it's funny how everyone jumps on whatever some hack in the media speculates on yet when direct quotes from within the organisation are put forward they scoff at them.
The only thing attributable to the LA Rams in that story is them saying they will reduce Gurley's workload. That is one quote (singular) and corroborates that something isn't quite right with Gurley.

Everything else in Wyche's story was said by his personal trainer.

:lol:
Last edited by Cult of Dionysus on Wed May 29, 2019 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed May 29, 2019 3:39 pm

Regardless of Gurley's status, Henderson has a very slim chance of any sort of long-term relevance in the NFL.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Wed May 29, 2019 3:47 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:37 pm
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:33 pm it's funny how everyone jumps on whatever some hack in the media speculates on yet when direct quotes from within the organisation are put forward they scoff at them.
The only thing attributable to the LA Rams in that story is them saying they will reduce Gurley's workload. That is one quote (singular) and corroborates that something isn't quite right with Gurley.

Everything else in Wyche's story was said by his personal trainer.

:lol:
and?

who came up with the arthritis story that every media hack in the nfl has run with?

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Wed May 29, 2019 3:52 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:39 pm Regardless of Gurley's status, Henderson has a very slim chance of any sort of long-term relevance in the NFL.
Are you talking about the Henderson who went to the LA RAMS, a team with one of the most creative offensive coaches in teh league, a team that spreads the ball around, a team who has a bellcow running back who may well have a deteriorating medical issue, and a team who picked Henderson on Day 2 (moving up no less to get him).

And it's not like this dude had a poor college career or didn't run a 4.4 40.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/darrell-h ... 76d883b110

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed May 29, 2019 4:00 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:39 pm Regardless of Gurley's status, Henderson has a very slim chance of any sort of long-term relevance in the NFL.
I think you could make this statement about the majority of running backs who enter the league.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed May 29, 2019 4:07 pm

What do you expect someone who works for Gurley to say?

"Yeah, um...Todd actually has degenerative knees. So, we're trying to find ways to help him tolerate the pain."

There's a lot of writing on the wall right now:

1. Rams reduced Gurley's workload down the stretch last season.
2. They traded up to draft an RB in the 3rd round.
3. The Rams GM said that Henderson could be used in a Kamara-sort of way.

It should also be noted that the Rams can't get out of Gurley's contract until 2022. That's the earliest they can get significant savings ($10M) with a reasonable amount of dead cap.

The Rams are simply trying to prolong and maximize their investment. They can't do what they did last season anymore, because Gurley will break down.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed May 29, 2019 7:24 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 4:07 pm

"Yeah, um...Todd actually has degenerative knees. So, we're trying to find ways to help him tolerate the pain."

It should also be noted that the Rams can't get out of Gurley's contract until 2022. That's the earliest they can get significant savings ($10M) with a reasonable amount of dead cap.

The Rams are simply trying to prolong and maximize their investment. They can't do what they did last season anymore, because Gurley will break down.
They also re-signed Malcolm Brown. That gave me initial concern

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Wed May 29, 2019 7:31 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:24 pm

Why? Do teams not need backup running backs any more? Did the NFL adopt a rule that you can only have 1 on the roster? As of the signing of Malcolm Brown they had John Kelly and Justin Davis on the roster behind Gurley. Sounds like a great plan for a team that has SB aspirations to not bring in more RBs in case your stud gets hurt or to give him a breather during the season.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Wed May 29, 2019 8:48 pm

well he did say there was a lingering effect from his acl injury. are you saying that means there isn't lingering effects since this guy is lying? what part of what he says do you want to believe?

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Wed May 29, 2019 8:53 pm

djeternal2 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:31 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:24 pm

Why? Do teams not need backup running backs any more? Did the NFL adopt a rule that you can only have 1 on the roster? As of the signing of Malcolm Brown they had John Kelly and Justin Davis on the roster behind Gurley. Sounds like a great plan for a team that has SB aspirations to not bring in more RBs in case your stud gets hurt or to give him a breather during the season.
There is enough of a glut of talent at the RB position that you can find relatively talented players for cheap. They traded up in a draft to the 3rd round, whereas most teams were not high on this year's rbs and opted to take them late if at all. Point being, they really liked what they saw of this kid and this could be a read through for Gurley.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Wed May 29, 2019 8:57 pm

jman3134 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:53 pm

There is enough of a glut of talent at the RB position that you can find relatively talented players for cheap. They traded up in a draft to the 3rd round, whereas most teams were not high on this year's rbs and opted to take them late if at all. Point being, they really liked what they saw of this kid and this could be a read through for Gurley.
My response was to Jigga stating the resigning of Brown was his initial concern about Gurley. I just didn't edit out the previous post from Cameron which Jigga was responding to.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Thu May 30, 2019 12:21 am

Man, there’s so much back and forth, does gurley have arthritis? How can you know for sure? Isn’t there enough smoke for there to be fire? Is it all just media overblowing it?

I’ll tell you guys this, and I think I’ve said similar in another thread: when I ruptured my acl, one of the things the surgeon told me that stuck, was basically being promise I’d develop arthritis. It’s just part of the deal. I can post studies showing that arthritis is 3x as likely after ACL reconstruction:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/24644301/

Also we *know* he’s dealt with some level of pain and swelling, it’s not a secret. Do we *know* much more than that for sure? I guess I have to admit, no. But imo this is plenty. It says to me he definitely has a significant problem. It’s very likely, or almost certainly going to be, serious arthritis.

The debate isnt If, it’s How Bad, if you ask me.

And maybe it’s not so bad, or maybe it’s something gurley and his trainers can work through. Some of these insane athletes with insane work ethics, with access to the best physical therapy and training, and a driving will to be a stud anyways? It can happen (see: Adrian Peterson)
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter